Ryan keeps talking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dexter Morgan, Jan 3, 2011.

1. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

His "play to win the game" diatribe was probably his shining moment as a Head Coach. I still love that 2002 team.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

lol, really-

Every non-Jets fan would nut if their coach came out and said this stuff. You know they have to have this attitude. If you're in the playoffs and a coach says, "oh I think we have no chance, but we're going to try" that would go a long way with the players.

Rex talked like this last year and a very fresh team was 1 half away from the Super Bowl. Rex can come out and say whatever the hell he wants to get our players confident and ready for war.

3. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Tell 'em! Rex is the only coach in the last 25 years to lead the Jets to consecutive playoff berths, but we still get ridiculous threads like this from our own fans pissing and moaning about him because he's honest in press conferences.

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

How is that a great point? It's a very easy observation.

#44 BadgerOnLSD, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

And Joe Beningno has never made any points that can be considered great.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Every team worth a shit is expecting to win. Rex just has the balls to say what he is thinking instead of muting himself to keep the media off his back. If it was having a negative effect on anything besides the emotions of some Jets fans and most of the rest of the league he wouldn't be winning games and would have been fired by now.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

About 30 mins ago, NFLN already said "Rex says he is going to the Super Bowl"

No you dumb fucks, he said he wants to win it. He didn't guarantee anything.

That's also why people are afraid of him talking. They hear that shit in the media and then think Rex said it verbatim.

The best thing to do is read a quote from Rex and realize its never as bad as what the media tells you.

The media is like a friend who is a compulsive liar. Go find out from the source what went on. Don't believe your friend.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Two consecutive playoff births with a 24 year old QB says otherwise. I understand the goal is to win the SB but 1 team does it and 31 don't. I'd say a coach who doesn't say shit and fails to make the playoffs or win a playoff game after two years is more stale then a guy who has won 22 games as a head coach in his 1st 2 years. Regardless of what he says this team did go 11-5 this year after going 9-7 last year. We won the close games we didn't last year. If we get beat a Colts team that OBTW is the defending AFC Champ that's what happens.

9. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

HERM! Why does everyone forget Herm?? I feel like I'm defending him and that makes me want to vomit

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Uh...didn't Herman Edwards do this?

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I understand why some of our guy's don't like all the trash talk, because if the Jets lay an egg on Saturday, and get blown out of the bldg with Rex mismanaging the game, as he has a propensity to do, it will look bad for him and it does erode the credibility of a coach.

It really is personal preference though.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I could care less what he says though, it doesn't affect me other then maybe us getting torched gives teams who failed to make the playoffs fans some egg to throw at me over the weekend but come next week nobody will remember what he says if we win.

13. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

This guy had a decent run, too, if you compare him to the other illustrious coaches in franchise history:

http://www.salon.com/wires/image.html?image=d28045b4-491c-4c0d-ba52-a5fd63f51716@news.ap.org.jpg

If Rex wins us one (1) Super Bowl, he can talk as much crap as he wants, and I'll never say a word. But at the moment, his act is wearing thin on me. Let's start with this Saturday night by not letting Peyton Manning dismantle us again.

#53 al_toon_88, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Maybe you jumped on the bandwagon after the "mangenious" season?

If u want a HC that doesn't talk, go root for Mangina and hope he finds a job!

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

2001-2002-2004. He missed out in 2003 and 2005.

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Get the fuck used to it. This is who Rex is and how he talks/acts. Its worked pretty well so far going to the playoffs 2 years in a row. Teams dont need added motivation to win a fucking playoff game.

17. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I've never seen anything reported where our players don't like Rex's attitude, do you have any examples?

I don't think saying that you believe in the team and expect them to win is 'trash talk'. Saying something about Tom Brady loving a good bukkake is trash talk. (Even if it's true).

I think the players are more concerned about losing the game and their performance, rather than something that was said in a press conference a week before.

18. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Wow, some people dont get it. They likely never will.

19. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

whatever it takes.

20. Vic

Vic Member

I don't see anything wrong with what Rex said. If you saw the whole press conference, he gave a TON of respect to Peyton Manning. He basically said he knows his record against him, and he wants to beat him this Saturday. He's confident he can, and he's confident his football team can do it.

Thats pretty much it.