NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts Thread - Saturday 1/8 8:20PM NBC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That was yesterday, not the first game in week 14, just a few weeks ago.

2. Tuxicon

Tuxicon New Member

Last year peyton won the mvp with 4500 yds-33td's-16 ints. This year he has 4700 yds-33 td's-17 ints. Yeah, REAL sloppy. Think before you type, loser.

3. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

If it's an impossible catch, Garcon will make it because he's forced to concentrate on the throw all the way into his hands. If it's right in front of him, he'll drop it because he takes his eye's off the ball too soon to see where the defender is.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I agree your run defense has looked a lot more stout in the last 4, but it means nothing in the grande scheme of things. It will come down to the line of scrimmage.... last year you guys stacked the box, Greene got hurt, TJ was shot and we fell behind. I expect a heavy doseage of Shonn Greene this time.

5. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

That's my point. The last three games the defense has played extremely well against the run. BTW....given the way the Colts D was getting shredded against the run earlier in the year, holding Johnson to 111 yards in the first game is a victory!

6. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I think he may have been referring to the games where Manning threw a lot of INT's to lose the games this year. He didn't seem to do that last year.

7. PatriotWarrior

Actually it IS sloppy. 200 yards > 1 INT? That 1 INT was the reason the Pats beat the Colts :rofl2:

:manning:

8. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

It always comes down to the LOS and who wins that battle. The DT's Johnson, Muir and Maola have really stepped it up lately, occupying the guards and center thus allowing the LB's to get to the ball. I still think the Jets will win, but I think it will be thru the air, not on the ground.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You my friend are an impostor, would the real hobbes please stand up, please stand up.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I also expect a shootout. I don't think the NYJ D can contain your pass attack.... but I think the progression of Sanchez from year 1 to 2 will be evident in this game.

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

No respect for the jets ever.

They just showed every teams superbowl odds on first take, and the Jets were tied with the CHIEFS for the worst odds of winning it all (not counting the Seahawks which were 100-1 odds)

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with respect, it has to do with playing 3 tough games on the road.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

[youtube]Xr6mE7WUBEI[/youtube]

14. IndyDrummer

IndyDrummer New Member

His forum is the IndyStar board.
    I believe he was banned from all Patsie boards.
    Wonder why.....

:rolleyes:

15. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

What has changed with the Jets DB's from last year to this year? Last year all I read was the Jets DB's would shut down the Colts passing attack. Most everything I have read so far tells me the Jets can't cover anyone this year. I expect Revis to be his typical self and Cromartie is an upgrade.

16. Kenny

Kenny New Member

it's not the outside recievers. The Jets cover that as well as anybody in this league. It's the tight eneds and running backs and slot recievers that destroy us. Teams know now how to attack us and at safety we are very weak. The linebackers don't cover well and the pass rush teams learned how to pick it up

17. AbstraKt

AbstraKt New Member

Sec. 612.

I be there.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Kyle Wilson and Antonio Cromartie were brought in specifically for teams like IND, NE, NO, ATL, etc., etc. Unfortunately, Wilson hasn't transitioned well; Cromartie has been a solid #2 for us. Your assessment is pretty much correct, Revis and Cro usually lock down their guys, but our nickel and dime backs and safeties have been torched all year. Also, our lack of speed on the DL in the nickel and dime often results in even good coverage being wasted because of so much time to throw.

I can see your TE and slot WRs going off again, and our passrush has been putrid all season long. Part of the reason I'm expecting a shootout.

19. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

I'd feel a lot better if it were Clark and Collie instead of Tamme & White. Both have done decent jobs filling in. They don't drop too many, but the biggest difference is their speed. Especially from Collie to White. In the short time he has been in the league, Collie has become very good at getting separation. The Colts need to run more pick plays to get the ball to White.

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I love that his name is Blair White, it reminds of of a character on the Golden Girls or something.