Playing the Colts is a blessing

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

It's a blessing because we have to beat good teams to win a championship. If they can't beat the Colts, it means they probably wouldn't be able to beat the Pats, Ravens, Steelers (playoff version), Falcons, Eagles, etc. We'll all learn right away if they have a shot.

2. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

Thanks for the great Colts insight. Lots of respect here for Manning and your franchise. That said, revenge for last years AFCCG will be sweet.

3. NYColtFan

NYColtFan New Member

Anything can happen - if the Colts lose, it'll suck but I feel like they're playing with house-money right now and it won't hurt as much as long as you beat the Patriots.

As fucked up as this sounds but I rather see the Colts fail than see the Patriots succeed

4. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

McFadden was avging 4.1 YPC till he was knocked out of the game with an injury. Thats not shutting down.

MJD had a terrible injury that caught up with him knocked him out of that game, and he missed the rest of the season after that game. And he still avgd over 3 YPC

And yeah holding Chris johnson to 39 yards is super impressive... last year.

This year the Steelers held him to 34 yards, Denver who has one of the worst rush defenses in the entire nfl held him to 53, 66 for Phi, 59 against the chargers, FIVE FUCKING YARDS 5 !!!!!!!! YARDS AGAINST THE TERRIBLE TEXANS DEFENSE, 53 yards against the joke of the jags, and 58 yards last week against KC.

But I guess I must just be a fanboi with blinders on

5. NYJetsFan64

NYJetsFan64 New Member

It makes sense because every Manning Brady argument ends up being about the rings. Hopefully Sanchez will get his first. Jets had a better record against common oponents, but only the Patriots mattered as a common opponent. The Texans, Broncos, and Bengals are not a useful measure. If you want to say you're the best you should be able to beat the best. So Colts, Pats, Steelers then we'll see.

6. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

nice to see a poster for another team thats not a worthless troll

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I wouldn't say it's a "blessing" to get to face Peyton Manning, no matter the circumstances. I'd rather take my chances with Cassell and the crappy Chiefs, but oh well.. I feel very confident that the Jets can go in there and upset the Colts. I truly believe we have the better team right now with the Colts injuries and whatnot, just have to show it.

8. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

There's a lot of Jets fans that feel the same way.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Brady gets more pussy.

Now you're making sense.

10. Jet In Brooklyn

Jet In Brooklyn New Member

Yeah, and they're all stupid. No offense, Colts fan. Great post.

11. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Let's hope the Colts don't knock Greene or LT out of the game too, eh?

We'll see on Saturday. If Greene or LT gets 100 yards against the Colts I'll give you a Lollipop.

12. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

ah. NO

Cassel vs. Manning .....

I know who I will pick 10 times out of 10.

13. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Id be shocked if either of them gets 100 yards.

Esp if we go into this game with LT still being the #1 back.

But I guarantee theyll get over 125 combined (probably over 150), and easily both avg over 3.5 YPC

#33 dcm1602, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  14. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the colts are a pass-first team. we don't do well against those kinds of teams- can't beat pats ( 45-3), bears, played pitt with two best players not there, barely beat lions, browns, texans, and lost to miami! i'd rather the chiefs-pitt route and let the pats -colts-ravens beat the hell out of each other.

we have not gopt pressure on passer all year without blitzing one or more guys. teams that block that ate up the secondary, outside of the corners. the bears had no problem even with the corners......no, i didn't want the colts.

#34 mr nyjet, Jan 2, 2011
  15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

don't understand the fear mongering dark siders. If you want to win the Super Bowl you have to sack up and beat good teams. I'm totally looking forward to seeing the Jets match up w/the Colts, beat them and advance.

Its great to be in the playoffs and to have this opportunity to play the Colts, win and advance. Awesome job by the Jets in finishing 11-5 -one of the best regular season records in franchise history. Back to Back playoff appearances. Great opportunity here to beat the defending AFC champs !!!

#35 AbdulSalam, Jan 2, 2011
  16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Whether the Jets played KC or Indy, a win would mean they play NE next. Remember, the Jets are the 6 seed. They play Indy because Indy passed KC and became the 3 seed with a win and KC loss today.

17. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

KC was 7-1 at home...they can run the ball against anyone and if Cassel is on - which he has been more than he hasn't that team is tough. The Colts have an avg defense - yeah they are fast but they allow a lot of points. They don't blow teams out...they don't run well, they are bange dup, and if you make Manning press he has shown that he will make mistakes this season.

KC at home is no gimmie out

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

it doesn't fng matter that much. If the goal is winning the SB then you have to beat the best teams - we can beat any team in the NFL. Time to rock and roll.

19. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Rex already said we were winning the whole thing so what is there to worry about? It's in the bag.

20. nyjetsfan7234

nyjetsfan7234 Member

Great post colts fan, you have my respect