Putting your Jets bias to the side, is Sanchez good?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Deathstroke, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

shmoe got his feelings hurt so bad, he quotes another poster four times in a row......

2. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

WOW, a self proclaimed genious, funy stuff. no sense debating this know it all any longer. not man enough to admit he's wrong even when pulling the lever to the electic chair.

3. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

the know it all must have forgot. lol

4. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

you should just go take your meds, you've been the fool for long enough! there's always tomorrow.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

.......and it keeps going......

6. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

sanchez has all the potential, he just needs to put it all together.

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

His little one man mission to argue with everyone on TGG about anything is kinda cute. He is like a really faggy comic book character or something.

8. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

MB, there's no way he exceeded expectations as a rookie last year. NO WAY! I stand by my list of 19 QBs I'd take ahead of Sanchez for one game right now, and I've made it clear that I don't think his ceiling is as high as most other people, but I really don't think you can say he even did well last season, let alone exceeded expectations. If your expectations were almost a 1:2 TD:INT ratio, then he met your expectations. You're letting his play in the playoffs blind you from his poor play during the regular season. I'm not saying it's not understandable. I mean the guy was a rookie, so you let it slide, but exceeded expectations???

9. MikeSLTJ23

I respect your opinion on things as much as any other person, especially about the draft, but c'mon, you have to give credit where credit's due, ESPECIALLY with Bradford.

2007: 3-13
    2008: 2-14
    2009: 1-15
    2010: 7-8 with a shot at making the playoffs.

That team didn't really do much to help itself OTHER than getting Bradford. That's with a no-name cast of WRs, an at-best average defense, and Steven Jackson having a very pedestrian year and getting stuffed at the 1 yard line more than any RB I've ever seen.

I know you don't give a shit about supporting casts, but get real here. That's a pretty damn impressive start with better numbers than Sanchez to boot. He deserves some accolades and I personally think it's foolish to rank him lower than Sanchez despite Sanchez's two straight playoff appearances. And if the Rams win today, Bradford will also be 100% in bringing his team to the playoffs at a not much worse record than what got the Jets in last year. And yes, whether you care to consider it or not, with a MUCH worse team than the Jets have had the past two seasons.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm not looking at stats, Mike....I'm looking at wins and our playoff run.

Rookies typically don't lead their teams to the AFCCG.

So yes, he exceeded expectations....especially for a player who came into the NFL with limited starts at the collegiate level.

Sanchez was going to have ups & downs.....and he certainly has. But most of us who support him knew that coming in to last season.

11. MikeSLTJ23

I agree, most rookies don't lead their teams to the AFCCG. I support him and want him to succeed just as much as anyone, but if we're looking at his performance, he still wasn't good by any stretch. As a team they made it to the AFCCG, but if we're so quick to say the Ravens won a Super Bowl despite Trent Dilfer, then you HAVE to say that the Jets made it to the AFCCG despite Sanchez. If you're going to give Sanchez credit for last season, everyone's gotta give credit for Dilfer's run as the Ravens QB.

I'm just saying, we can't ignore the team when looking at Sanchez's performance. Until the playoffs, I think they won despite Sanchez. In the playoffs, he was an important piece to it. He was definitely below my expectations in his rookie year, and I was just surprised to see anyone say that he exceeded theirs unless they thought he was going to suck.

He has a long way to go, but he's shown vast improvement this year.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

But here's the interesting factor in the equation.

Sanchez is the first case of his situation. A long time ago there was a thread discussing what QB has had the same path as Sanchez and no one could be thought of.

His skills are more raw than others, and that's why he has to be treated differently.

With any other QB, I totally agree with you.

13. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

How someone who watches football could say that anyone on that list is better than Sanchez is beyond me. There is basically zero body of work for Webb and Flynn to draw that conclusion.

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Excepting the person with little enough self worth to keep commenting on it.:wink:

Matt Slaub sucks. And I hate the way the media blows ANYONE that's not a Jet.

15. Hobbes3259

Rivers?

Head to Head? The record says????

Rodgers has a better signal caller. Period.

16. 624

624 Banned

I'm as big of a Sanchez fan as anyone, but you can't make an argument that he's better than Rivers or Rodgers right now...

17. Hobbes3259

Who is back in the Playoffs?

Rivers has a stronger arm, a better play caller and more balls than his arm can back up.

Sanchez is the better QB.

18. Hobbes3259

Rivers, easily.

Rodgers not so much...Yet.

But....Rodgers has been in the league longer, and has a better play caller.

See above.

Rivers has a GREAT arm. But More Balls and not enough Brain to match it.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You're alone on that island.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Mark Sanchez isn't even on that island.