Putting your Jets bias to the side, is Sanchez good?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Deathstroke, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

Some people feel he sucks, that Freeman is better than him, he just plays on a talented offense etc.....

Just had to get you guys football opinion, not your Jets opinion

2. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

He shows flashes of bein real good and supposedly is a great leader but its 1:18 in the morning on New Years and I am totally wasted so whatever he is the next Brady!

3. DanR

DanR Active Member

I'd rather wait until playoffs to make the call. THEN we can evaluate his 2 years in the league and make a judgment.

Last year he was good in the playoffs (even if his involvement was somewhat limited). If Sanchez can lead the Jets to the AFC championship game that would definitely add points.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its really impossible to give an unbiased opinion as a jets fan. even i who have been one of his biggest detractors want him to succeed. i would suggest you go on some other teams sites and ask them. there will be alot of he sucks cause he is on the jets talk but you may get some decent replies.

i myself am much more comfortable with him than i have ever been. he has brought the team back and gone down fighting a number of times. i still cant stand the way he holds the ball when moving around and he makes retarded mistakes far too often. which is HUGE but he has streaks that he looks great on. when he looks great and is comfortable he plays amazing... when he hits 8 in a row and then goes on a bad streak he is almost bound to miss 5 or 6 in a row and throw an interception. hopefully this has been rectified over the last few weeks with the shorter passes and more ball controlled offense. i dont ever see him being a dan marino who you can just ride till the end but he can be a very functional qb in this league IF he is asked to do what he does well.

5. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I think he's good, and will get better.

He's still young, and needs to become a leader. A true veteran leader.

He's got the tools, and man, is he elusive or what? He stays cool, and rises up when it counts.

6. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Good point.

Part of being a 2nd year QB.

Which is why people should still have faith in him, he's had some brilliant moments.

We don't need him to be. Rex praises having a balanced team. He doesn't need to carry this team. He needs to be Sanchez and do what Marino never did. Win a superbowl.

7. Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake New Member

hahahahahahaha

#7 Jakethesnake, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  8. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

What does this have to do with Sanchez?

9. Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake New Member

who feels that way? you...No way he is better. Freeman is another Jamarcus Russell and will be out of the league in 2 years. I cant believe this is a thread and I wasted 1min of my life reading this crap

10. 624

624 Banned

This is a stupid post.

Freeman does benefit from playing in nice weather versus Sanchez's windy/cold area, but he is nowhere near Jamarcus Russell.

1) Russell was the first overall pick and a bust.

2) Freeman was the 20th pick and has already proven to be much more than Russell.

I think that we can't say Sanchez will be great or terrible yet in his 2nd year, but with his work ethic and talent, even with my green goggles off I can't say that he won't at worst be a very good QB.

Just like it's tough for us to be biased for Sanchez when rating him, keep in mind it's tough for opposing fans to be unbiased against him.

Keeping my emotions out of it and using only my brain, I'm pretty confident about Sanchez's future barring injuries (which do worry me).

11. Jet In Brooklyn

Jet In Brooklyn New Member

No. He is below average right now. We've all seen the flashes and how good he CAN be. He's just gotta be consistent.

For the record, I think he'll develop into a top QB, he's just young. Freeman is easily better than him right now.

Flame away, homers who can't look objectively.

12. GreenMachine

Mark has great potential. He is 2 years away from being elite. He was put to task his rookie year and continues to grow. Tough to be patient in NY, but as far as "stats" go he is progressing faster than Eli

13. alleycat9

no flame from me. i just like the kids moxi. there were those few games where he brought us back time and time again that i really gained respect for him and felt he had matured as a qb... he has had a few very tough weeks since then.

the second year is often very tough for qbs. the league really catches up with their tendencies and they have to learn to be an nfl quarterback... next year will speak volumes on what kind of qb mark sanchez will be for years to come. if he throws another 20 something interceptions i will feel that he is a guy who is just going to do that consistently. as of right now i have hope that he will continue to grow.

14. alleycat9

i agree with everything you have said.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Depends what good means? Troy Aikman was never great, hell he never threw more than 23 TD in a season but he won 3 super bowl. So far Sanchez seems to be following a Troy Aikman type path

scrappy season/great postseason

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I can think of a few back-up QB's that are better than Sanchez.
    None of them are on the Jets though.

That aside, he is a gamer. I wish he had a bit more arm, a bit more accuracy, and a bit more consistency. At this point, he's ok. He's not ready to carry this team alone. Time will tell if he ever will be.

Gotta love him...who else we gonna stick under center?

17. allan1

allan1 Active Member

He has shown gutsiness, resiliancy, great escapability in the pocket, above average arm strength, the intelligence to lead an NFL offense and clutch/comeback ability

the minuses so far? sketchy accuracy, staring down receivers...but that's about it

he will be an above average nfl QB

18. GreenMachine

Really? Name them.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Matt Flynn
    Joe Webb
    Kevin Kolb
    Byron Leftwich
    Kyle Orton

ummmmmm....Donovan McNabb?

20. strngplyr