J-E-T-S vs. K.C then N.E

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rod_2, Dec 27, 2010.

1. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

If we play the Chiefs we all know Bowe will be a non-factor thanks to Revis, so it is a matter of stopping their running game. I'm sure Thomas Jones will have a chip on his shoulder going against the Jets who thought he couldn't cut it for another season. It will be a matter of Sanchez making plays and stopping the run game, especially with Charles able to come out of the backfield as a receiver.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

They are not as good as their record would indicate. The Jets and Chiefs are both 10-5 but the Jets have gotten to their record against tougher competition. Based in part due to their schedule and in equal part to their personnel and coaching staff, I wrote here back in the summer that KC would either win the West or finish one game back of San Diego.
    The Chiefs are a good team, but may not be ready to win a playoff game yet.

3. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

i wouldn't poo on KC either but out of all the playoff teams as of now there the 2nd worst team in my opinion (worst being the NFC west winner) and since we play in the AFC its the best match up we could have asked for. there whole passing game is on bowe at WR and Revis will end that. meaning if we shut down the run we win. I'd rather play them then indy cause peyton manning is always dangerous and i still remember Garcon bithcing out coleman and lowery all game last year in the playoffs, at least this year we have cromartie

4. marcusthetruth

marcusthetruth New Member

In order for Jets to play KC, they have to beat OAK on Sunday. I'm not sure KC will play all of its starters this week now that they are assured a home playoff game. I'm not sure that the 3 or 4 seeding matters enough for them to risk injury to their high profile starters. It's a tough call for KC.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Thing is, the Chiefs are content to play a 10-6 game and several times this year the Jets offense has not showed up.

Jamaal Charles has been the best RB in the league this season. The Jets could shut him down all day only to see him break off a 60-yard run in the last two minutes. The Jets and Steelers are the two teams best equipped to stop the KC run game but it will not be easy.

6. Rod_2

Rod_2 Member

WOW!!
    So many so called Jets fans are not goiving them a chance vs. K.C.
    No one said it was going to be cake walk. It's gonna be a dog fight in every post season game they play in. But I still think they can pull it out.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I love how if we say it's an automatic win, we're not real Jets fans.

Charles is the best back in the league. The best thing that can happen is if Todd Haley continues to give the ball too often to Thomas Jones. Charles is light years better than TJ. If they let Charles loose, this is one of the toughest teams in the league.

That said, I think we match up pretty well. Revis will be on Bowe, and the rest of the receivers aren't much to write home about. The defense is good but beatable. I think we'll beat the Chiefs. It'll be very difficult, but I definitely think we can.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Revis shutdown Bowe. Stop the run. They are done. Their stats are a bit padded because they played probably the easiest schedule ever.

They only played one legit playoff team, the Colts. And they lost. It should be good game. We cant make mistakes though.

9. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Its the playoffs, everybody's good, just beat the team that lines up against you. We can beat anyone, we can lose to anyone.

/obvious statements

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The Chiefs havent played a top 5 run defense this year either. As I said their stats are padded. If they had our schedule they wouldn't have the #1 run. Probably not even top 5.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Chiefs running attack is for real.
    Jamaal Charles put up big numbers last year, too, and that was against a tougher schedule (six games against playoff teams plus other games vs the Steelers, Giants and two vs the 8-8 Broncos).

12. A-11 Jets

A-11 Jets New Member

Both KC and Indy are good teams, and for playoffs teams I like playing either. I think the jets match up better with KC. As others have mentioned I think it comes down to stopping the run.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I said before this season started that the Jets were probably a year away from true contention. We had a lot of things bounce our way in 2009. We have no pass rush, and weak depth in the secondary. We have a second year QB with very little experience. We have a 2nd year head coach who was bound to make a bunch of mistakes as many second year head coaches do.

So, if and when the Jets exit the playoffs this year, I can say that they either met or exceeded my expectations for this season. While the so-called 'real' Jets fans that were fooling themselves about the state of the team are beating their heads against the wall in frustration and calling for Rex's head in a reactionary manner. I'll eagerly await your delusional rationale after the run ends.

It's not so much about being a 'real fan'. It's more about understanding reality.

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I think the Chiefs are a great matchup for the Jets. Their D isn't bad, but it's not great by any means. They have one stud receiver who will be taken away by Revis, and their bread and butter is running the ball, which just so happens to be the one thing the Jets defense defends very well (the last 2 weeks not withstanding).

I doubt the Jets will just blow them away, but they're definitely a better team and should win, even though KC is one of the tougher places to play.

15. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

have someone helmet to helmet brady in the first quarter badly and then blitz the fuck out of the backup

16. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Law of Averages.....

He is bound to eventually throw an interception. Hopefully it doesn't happen next week.

17. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

MEH. Put Revis on D Bowe. and 8 in the box and we should be fine. They dont have any other weapons?

Chris Chambers... Not worried
    Dexter McCluster.... Not worried this season
    Tony Moeaki.... We can Deal with him.

Just watch out for the screens and don't pass it near Eric berry and we will be fine

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

QFT

100% bang on.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

i was thinking the same thing. the people that were about to commit suicide after we lost to miami were probably the same people who told everyone to stop drinking the preseason "kool aid" but bought into the hype more than anybody else did.

20. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

I started this thread earlier in the season:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=60141&highlight=kansas+city

Kansas City has benefitted from one of the easiest schedules I've ever seen. Their offense doesn't have too many weapons, and we'll be able to put Revis on Bowe while concentrating on the run. Cassell is decent but won't be able to make the audible calls and think as fast as a Brady or Peyton. He also doesn't have the arm of a Cutler or Roethlisberger.

If we play KC, we have an 80% chance of winning.