Fed up with the cockiness and arrogance

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JFToLong, Dec 27, 2010.

1. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

The OP thinks the jets are poorly coached and undiciplined??? TROLL!! BAN HIM!!

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Fixed your post.

3. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

Who tf are you to decide who is and isn't a jets fan?

I have bled green for over 30 years, and you know what, players and coaches come and go.

You like some players and coaches style more than others.

It has nothing to do with being a fan!

IF Rex wins a SB I will be forever grateful, but I personally don't like his style.

I think they are lucky to make the playoffs this year, they had a cupcake schedule and got very lucky against many piss poor teams.

And I think they have too much talent for that to be the case.

They are in the tournament now, and all that can change.

I pray it does, I think it won't.

But you have some set of balls accusing me not of being a jets fan because I don't like the way Rex acts as HC!

I live and die with this team, and the team is bigger than Rex, sanchez or any other player, at least until he wins a SB!

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Jets have hardly had a cupcake schedule.

5. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

I say you are not a jets fan because I just skimed your previous 50 or so posts and have seen you do nothing but birch about the players and coaches. The way you talk about the jets is how I talk about the dolphins, pats and u do not consider myself a fan of those teams. So that's where I get those balls.

6. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

I awoke this a.m., drove along the ocean to work, and the jets are in the playoffs.
    I do not have the balls to complain about anything right now.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well lets analyze that vs winning teams

Balt L
    NE 1 loss & 1 win
    Pitt W
    GB L
    Chic L

So against over 500 teams our record is 2-4 which means the rest of our wins came vs teams 500 & under & you do not consider that a cupcake schedule

Lets see who we beat

Cinny
    Minny
    Det
    Cleve

Just to name a few

8. SOJ again

SOJ again Banned

How about this for all you internet tough guys. I will meet you at a bar and I say some shit about Rex Ryan. I dare you to tell me that I'm not a fan. Lolzzz!!!!

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I did not write that they have had great success against top teams.
    Rather, I wrote that they have not had a cupcake schedule.

I have picked against the spread the past four weeks based upon power rankings that are derived by mathematics (PF-PA based, not W-L based). My power rankings have no bias to them. The formula has been good for double digit wins all four weeks I've been picking this way. The Jets are in the top quarter of the league in the tough schedule department.

10. ukilledkenny

Applebee's would be better for me.

Faggot.

11. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

The Jets clearly are undisciplined, which mirrors the head coach's attitude. This results in sloppy play. The arrogance leads to poor play. Why should you have to work so hard? The coach thinks you're awesome already!

For a team that supposedly worships Lombardi and has seen the play many times, they do about jack shit to mimic his style.

I have been one of Rex's biggest fans, but the decision to go for it on 4 and 3 from his own 40 yard line just lost him all intellectual respect. That was an idiotic, unforgivable, cheap, Madden moron decision that swung the momentum directly to the other team.

If Rex didn't do that, we probably win. Sheer stupidity.

So what that we made the playoffs? How long do you think we'll stay there against top flight competition?

Those who honestly think we have a chance in hell of beating the Patriots in NE after the 45-3 shellacking we took are pure homers.

12. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i didn't agree with the call to go for it there either, but the fact of the matter is the play was there. If brad Smith held on, would everyone be praising rex this a.m. for doing it? Would have been nice to if keller hauled in that pass at the end of the first half. there were a lot of factors yesterday, not just one incident. As far as the playoffs go, you can wipe out all the regular season numbers and trends. Can the jets win in N.E.? The odds are stacked against them, but it can be done. Let's get through the first round before anything.

13. benhamean

benhamean Member

Of course.
    Let me try again-
    Some people apparently find it easier to support a quiet, efficient, and businesslike team, than they do a team that resembles something out of the WWE.

14. ukilledkenny

I bet you would have called anyone who thought they had a chance in hell to beat the Steelers last week a homer too.

15. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think a lot of fans here are forgetting the bravado that Rex and the Jets had for most of the season. It was laid on pretty thick if I remember. I think Ryan is very entertaining. It's certainly a lot of fun. It's good to have a confident coach and team but then you have to man up when you fall short. Look at the Chargers. Most talented team to never win anything. It all comes down to the playoffs. Let's see how far the Jets go this playoffs.

16. ukilledkenny

We tried that for a few years with Mangini and now we are trying something new.

I like these results a lot better than anything we ever got from Mangini even though 2006 was pretty fun.

17. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

No, I had strong doubts because we've never won there before but the Steelers are not the Patriots. The Patriots are on fire right now, it seems the only way the don't win the Superbowl is if Tom Brady breaks a leg or if Vick beats them.

BTW - I am laughing at all the douches here who used to laugh at Woodhead for being a small white guy and thinking that was the only reason people rooted for him. Idiots!

#77 Benny Bing, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  18. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

No, this is where I disagree. Sanchez called it a 'high risk, high reward' play. What is the reward again? A first down at our 40? What if we go 3 and out after that, was it still worth it?

Even if they HAD made the play, I still would have thought it was a retarded decision and they were lucky to get it. I know this, because they have done so before and that's exactly how I felt.

There were a lot of factors, but IMO that decision keyed the 3rd quarter momentum shift and collapse and led to 3 straight Bears touchdowns.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I think the Saints can defeat the Patriots just like they did last year. They have the offensive firepower to keep pace with the Patriots. Gregg Williams will put the pressure on Brady and they'll try to get a turnover or two and win that way. They have a pretty good secondary. I doubt the Patriots would have an easy time with the Saints.

20. ukilledkenny

If the Jets had never beaten Tom Brady before I might be inclined to agree. They have beaten Brady before and it can be done again. Your certainly right that the Pats are on a hotstreak, the fact is that hotstreaks end and it's pretty hard to see it coming. Could come in their first playoff game, could come in the SB, or it could never come but declaring them in the SB before the playoffs even start is a fools argument.