Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

IDK what your even arguing right now. Did Sanchez go out for the season or something? Sanchez should throw every meaningful pass for the Jets the rest of the way. I said I wouldn't mind seeing a shot in the playoffs if they were in a rough spot but other than that why would anyone want to see Brad Smith throw any more floaters?

If you want to argue about how Brad Smith should be the backup QB we would need to talk about all the other things he would have to stop doing for this team but that isn't and argument I am interested in having heading into the playoffs.

2. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Would have been 7 points if Keller catches the ball. That sure as hell isn't on Schottenheimer

What god awful plays are you talking about? I would love any examples from the last two weeks.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Are you really surprised?

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Actually, he is a record setting QB from Mizzou converted to WR for the Jets. At least Smith did throw the pass to Keller once last season and one pass this season but Brunnell hasn't thrown a pass to anybody since preseason and as far as Clemens goes, his body of work speaks for itself. If they let Brad thown a bit more often than say, once a year, he might turn out to be a functional #2 Qb instead of the fossil and the stiff we have in front of him today.

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

wtf? Our offense puts up 34 points and you're saying its the offense's fault we lost? Get a clue!

6. Cman68

Your post that said my view was ridiculous is what I'm arguing right now. To quote:

This is what I'm arguing. That statement is what YOU highlighted.

7. CatoTheElder

That's where I stopped reading because that's where you made a stupid fucking point. A spread option offense in the NCAA has absolutely no comparison to an NFL offense. Plenty of QBs have been record setters in the NCAA and went on to do absolutely dick in the NFL. Tim Couch was joke, Brock Huard was an after-thought at best, and Timmy Chang never had a chance.

...and then I kept reading because I knew I was going to get another chance to laugh. Brad Smith was already given the chance to become a #2 QB and he lost that job to Marques Tuiasosopo. There's a reason he's still listed as a WR on the depth chart and why the closest thing to a pass he gets is a pitch out on an option. He's not an NFL quarterback and he never will be. He cannot drop back and throw. He never did it in Missouri and his 4th year in the NFL isn't the time to teach him how to do it. That pass to Braylon had to be one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

8. ukilledkenny

Brad Smith would need at least a full year of doing nothing besides learning how to play QB in the NFL before that statement could be taken seriously by anyone. Playing QB outside of a gimmick formation requires a lot more than just dropping back and winging it out to your one read.

If your willing to sacrifice all the useful things he does for this team to pursue your vision of Brad Smith as a backup QB then your view is even more ridiculous than I originally thought.

9. Cman68

I guess Brad Smith can't do both. He only ran gimmick plays in college on the way to setting records at Mizzou. No way in the world Smith could be a dual threat. I'm sure Brunnel is a threat to run and throw. To be fair, lets not leave out Kellen Clemens' impeccable knack of finding ways to lose games.

You're right Kenny.. Clemens and Brunnel both are much much better than Brad Smith.

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I guess I shouldn't be. I keep forgetting Schottenheimer is the anti-Christ

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Are people really bitching about Schotty today? I haven't read back through the thread, but if so, you really need to chill with your witch hunt.

12. Cman68

Whatever. Now college offenses have no bearing to how a Qb performs in the NFL. What's laughable here is that you and others think that Brad Smith can't QB in this league as if Kellen Clemens can. I bet you also thought Danny Woodhead can't play or Shonne Greene should be on the bench too.

That pass from Smith to Edwards had too much air under the ball. That pass to Holmes was short by about 3ft as Holmes was behind the receiver. Point being that bad passes happen not only to Smith, but to Sanchez but nobody laughs at that do they.

Guess what Cato.. You're not the only one laughing at stupidity tonite. To each their own.

13. CatoTheElder

I said that NCAA spread option offenses do not compare to NFL offenses. The fact that you don't know the difference there is really telling. As for the comparison to Clemens, Smith is the only one on this roster who failed harder at being an NFL QB than Clemens.
    Hehehehe:

14. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

Great games called by Schotty in back to back weeks, I think he's realizing he's trying to save his job now, the difference in this game is Dustin Keller's drop

15. ukilledkenny

As all around football players... nope.

As NFL QB's... yup.

And Clemens fucking sucks as an NFL QB.

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Bump for retarded first drive :wink:

17. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

It's still very early now c'mon.

but yes i wanted to run on that 2nd and 9. the last thing i wanted was in incomplete to make it an unmanageable 3rd and 9, but yeah we lost yardage on 2nd down. not complainin tho. still lotta game left. im so nervousssssssssssss

18. throwtheball

throwtheball Banned

Suckchez suckchez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

whoops wrong tab

20. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

wow, our offense still sucks. This is absolutely retarded. The colts defense isn't "that" good.