Rex doubts uh oh...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jet Blue, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

The cursing never bothered me. The Cockiness never bothered me, if that's how you motivate then bring it on... The Feet thing, whatever most people are probably jealous his sex life is obviously thriving...

BUT....

For real, my 1st Rex doubts are starting to creep in. Maybe it's a little combo of all of the above plus the clock management disasters. Maybe i think Rex goes a step further and wears costumes and gets real kinky and now I picture him prancing around in a tu tu.

But, Did anyone watch Sounds of the Game or the Jets / Steelers replay on NFL Network...

On that 4th and 1 play last week Rex sounds VERY indecisive.. he says to Schott "How far is it, is it a full yard, if it's a full yard kick the FG"

Schott "ummmm, whatever you say coach"..

And then get this... BRAYLON EDWARDS Comes over yelling at Rex "Yo man, don't second guess yourself, Lets take it to them"

Rex then babbles some stuff like "yeah, if we kick the FG and then get a TD we win"

HUHHHHHHH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT?????? That sounded like a kid playing Madden. Not some hard ### take no #### Meet me in the alley tough SOB Head F'N coach he's supposed to be.

Braylon yells some more "Lets take it to em",...

Then Rex says "yeah. YEAH LETS GO FOR IT".......

WHAT KIND OF DECISION MAKING IS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW, my eyes are open and Rex doubts creep in for the 1st time... I'm starting to have thoughts that Rex might scheme a good defense but, is pretty lost and useless on the sidelines....

I said this in a thread a few weeks ago but, Bellichik has EVERYTHING laid out already before the game and is like a computer... IF we're this amount of yards in this situation we go"... Bellichik also knows when they are measuring for the 1st exactly what he is going to do...

Rex???????? The guy is actually on the sideline playing Rock Sizzor Paper and debating Braylon Edwards while the play clock is running..

REALLY?????!!!!!!!!!!

I had to play that back a few times..... That's not a good scene at all IMO... I'm surpised Florio and co doesn't jump on something like that.... To me, Braylon Edwards calling the plays is 100x more questionable than some Foot Fetish.

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Nah..................

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

he was indecisive because our offense has sucked monkey nuts and had no confidence in them to get the yard. He also watched his team get obliterated and bounce back with a loss to a divisional opponent who was horrible in that game. Rex's confidence was shaken, all of ours was. In the end he did what he always does, makes the gutsy call and we got what we desperately needed, a touchdown.

No matter how he came to the conclusion I couldnt believe he did it. I didnt think we were going to get a yard, I figured getting the 3 points was a safe bet. but I also didnt want Pitt to have the ball back either...

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

derp.

5. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Did you see what I'm talking about?????

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Uncool story, bro.

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Can't find the vid on-line but it would be weird if it happened like you say.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

What does any of this have to do with pics of his wife's cooter all over the internet?

9. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

are you for real? if you dont make the first you wasted all that time and drove all the way down for nothing. this was not a no brainer decision.

10. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

YEah, I heard that in 3rd grade... But, I'm not assuming anything here.... The guy didn't know what to do until Braylon Edwards got in his face and told him to MAN UP AND GO FOR IT!!!!!!

Left on his own, the guy was kicking a FG and making a choice on the fly....

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Rex is still learning as a HC, some of the bad decisions concern me I'm not worried. i think he'll leran from them.

12. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

You missed my point...... I KNOW THE DECISION WAS RIGHT.....

It's that BRAYLON EDWARDS had to tell him what to do as he sat there on the sideline babbling and waffling trying to make up his mind.

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Rex really has to learn how to lead an Offense... I know he's great at leading a D but c'mon man!!! You're earning top $$$

14. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

i think you missed my point...my point is it wasnt an easy decision. taking the 3 there would not have been an awful move.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Rex is still new to the Head Coaching game...and despite some boneheaded time management miscalls....he's done a pretty good job. The guy has 19 wins (21 if you count the playoffs) in his first 2 seasons.

I'm going to give Rex the benefit of the doubt.....he's earned it.

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

He took a minute to make up his mind about a crucial decision and ended up making the right choice... PANIC!

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

we're on the same page....twice in the same week, junc. Must be Christmas.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Good lord-

That was a tough call to make, against one of the best defenses in the league and the best rush defense in the league.

BB doesn't have everything laid out, if it's 1 foot or 1 yard it makes a huge difference.

Braylon did convince him but you make Rex sound like he was just standing there waiting with his thumb up his ass.

19. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

I saw it last night. I thought Braylon Edwards showed alot of confidence
    and leadership there. I was pumped.

20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Oh it happened.

And it WAS VERY Weird IMO.....

I think it's hard to comment on this if you didn't see Braylon Jumping around talking him into going for it and Rex babbling something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.