Agony of Da Feet: Deadspin announces Ryan Family Foot Fetish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Dec 21, 2010.

?

What's your take on the foot fetish videos?

1. I'm fine with it/whatever/it's awesome!

272 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Embarrassing/not cool

109 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Nor do I, and I don't understand how anyone could say this would be the last straw if he was on the fence toward being fired.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

You think the game could go on for 12 hours? lol

3. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

if the organization is "emabarrased" by this (or fans for that matter) they are being hypocritial. While having video exist of this may be dopey in retrospect, Rex's whole image has and continues to be that he is indeed human, honest, and full of flaws...........not a robotic cliche muttering robot like so many coaches in the league. The organization, Woody, etc have praised his unique personality and went so far as to make it a selling point.

It's not really even that shocking to me, just a little poor judgement on he and the wifey's part. Seems to me a good bit of digging went into trying to expose this and efforts were made to make it look as bad as possible.

the worst that Rex has done potentially is that he has continued to put himself out there for ridicule and possibly lessened his margin for error if Woody chooses to be a hypocrite about it.

any fan embarrased by it is a tight ass in my opinion

4. tappanZ

tappanZ New Member

This is more funny than anything.

The fans should chant F-E-E-T, Feet, Feet, Feet as a show of support.

5. 624

624 Banned

Why couldn't he have raped somebody instead?

6. MadBacker Prime

I guess that's what makes the world go round, completely different varying senses of humor.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Hey Rex: Open Mouth, Insert foot....

8. FreeMarketChampion

FreeMarketChampion New Member

Who is the team podiatrist?

9. Hobbes3259

Maybe Rex can parlay this into becoming a rep for Canon.

10. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

there's going to be about a thousand variants of this one...

11. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I think that trying to compartmentalize is just a form of self-delusion. This isn't some line-worker on the factory floor of a widget company.

He's one of two football coaches in a league of only 32; he's in the largest media market in the world; he's mandated by his employer to be a focal point for the news media; and, quite frankly, he's in a profession where the other guy's embarrassment is currency. Here's the minimum I would have expected of him - KEEP THE GODDAMN VIDEOS OFF THE INTERNET! Or, take them down when you become a head coach. Or, at least don't videotape your wife's face and your own voice. Or don't put your real-life hometown. There are supermarket cashiers with the same fetish and fewer opportunities to be on national television who get THAT part.

12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Rex has feet, Brady has Uggs.
    Brady is the one that should be embarrassed.

13. MadBacker Prime

Jets' latest distraction trumps them all

"The New York Jets latest distraction is their most bizarre yet.

Jets head coach Rex Ryan didn't deny a Deadspin.com report that included several foot-fetish videos of a woman who looks strikingly similar to Ryan's wife, Michelle, showing off her feet to a cameraman who sounds exactly like Rex Ryan.

Rex Ryan was asked about the report Wednesday morning during a conference call with Chicago Bears media.

"I know you need to ask," Ryan said. "It's a personal matter."

Ryan's normally scheduled news conference with New York reporters is Wednesday afternoon, but the Jets previously released a statement that Ryan wouldn't address the report.

Over my 20 years as a sports reporter, I always use Mike Tyson biting Evander Holyfield's ear as the baseline for surrealism.

When I clicked on one of the alleged Michelle Ryan videos and heard the cameraman's voice, I might have found a new standard.

The Jets have dealt with a series of distractions since Ryan took over as head coach. Not all of them are his fault, but he was photographed flipping off Miami Dolphins fans at an MMA event last February and came under fire -- his mother even called him out publicly -- for gratuitous profanity on "Hard Knocks."

NFL investigators have been to the Jets' facility three times this year because of the Brett Favre sexting scandal, boorish treatment of female reporter Ines Sainz and Sal Alosi's trip of Dolphins gunner Nolan Carroll.

Braylon Edwards was arrested for DUI in September.

Other than that, it has been a quiet season for the Jets."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/23609/jets-latest-distraction-trumps-them-all

This reporter is a Jet hater, past articles have proven that. But that Tyson statement has to be what of the dumbest ever. Comparing a professional boxer biting another boxers ear off in the ring to a coach liking his wifes feet is the most retarded thing I may have ever read.

14. FreeMarketChampion

FreeMarketChampion New Member

Should I unscubscribe from her youtube channel now?

15. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Look, this is a New York team. New York media is ruthless. And on top of that, when the New York Jets are actually good, because they're an NY team, the whole fucking world is watching. Relax people. Who cares if the coach likes to clamp his manboobs to a fucking battery? It's not our problem. It has no effect on his playcalling ability. It's not like he's going home and hitting a crack pipe..but he is sucking toes (half baked safe for tv reference).

The fact of the matter is, the more we win, the more skeletons will come out of various closets because they're watching. NYJ are in the center of the universe, as is Rex Ryan, who is causing the orbit.

16. Hobbes3259

This will be the first presser where we aren't speculating about him sticking his own foot in his mouth....:rofl2:

4th down and 2 feet....Rex is going for it.....

17. Hobbes3259

I gotta say...it's more a goof than anything, and as I implored everyone else, I sent the guy a 'don't let the bastards get you down note'

It's a little humorous riffing on it...but....If the Jets have a corporate gathering for Christmas this week.....

Ya gotta admit...That's gonna be one hard entrance to make.

18. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Aside from podiatry, is there a more appropriate profession for someone with a foot fetish? I mean, geezus. Imagine him at one of his foot fetish parties. Someone asks him what he does for a living. He answers. A dozen heads snap around, and someone bleets out, "A WHAT-ball coach???"

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

why the hell would anybody listen to boomer and carton?

Has the 15 minutes for this boring video expired yet?

20. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

It's now a front page story on ESPN, awesome!

that being said, winning cures all ailments....

I can't wait to see the presser today. Rex has been pretty good at diffusing embarrassing situations before at pressers, so hopefully he keeps it up.