Fundamental difference between the Jets and Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Dec 20, 2010.

1. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

OT: Funny picture:

[​IMG]

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

And generally anybody who's not a Jets fan yet cries about our coach can kiss my ass.

3. I Come in peace

I Come in peace New Member

I think thats just NY in general and being a Met fan I sometimes feel the same way when Yankee fans call in and bitch about their team. What I would give for what they have had the past 15 years. On the flip side I think the Giants fans you speak of are the younger ones, maybe 40 and under, who have seen some success the past 25 years. I myself fall into that category, but I think for me its been drilled in just how utterly awful they were for 20 years until the 1980's so I appreciate the good times and take the games like yesterday with a grain of salt. Sports and the NFL in particular have become week to week, game to game so I think these fans are a product of the current times.

It was an awful loss yesterday. I was at the game, very bad loss. What made this one more tolerable is that there is always next week. Its put up or shut up time and really as a fan thats all you can ask for. Do I think they could fall flat on their faces? Yeah, I do. Do I think they well? No, actually the teams always responded for this coaching staff in times of crisis and I suspect they will this time. Will they win? Not sure. What I hope for is 2 more wins let the chips fall where they may and maybe get that coveted NFC 5 seed, which playing the pathetic NFC west winner is the equivalent of a bye week with a forced scrimmage.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Dat's outrageous! Ya outta ya mind. Da Saints are gettin' da 5 seed.

5. I Come in peace

Saints gotta play the Falcons and Bucs...1 loss for them and 2 wins for Giants and you never know....easier said than done....

Love the Francessa accent...thats what he would say too :breakdance:

6. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

The fundamental difference was the jets defense has never collapsed that bad and most likely never will.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I think the Saints will go at least 1-1 and I don't think the Giants will go 2-0.

8. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

After what we saw from the Giants and Packers last night, you should consider yourself incredibly grateful if you guys land the #6 seed.

Because odds are the Bears will be resting their starters week 17 vs the packers (assuming the bears win tonight which im sure they will) then the bears can bench their starters week 17 since theyre locked into the #3 seed no matter what.

From where most of us are standing id say the odds are stacked that the Gmen wont be playing anybody this postseason.

9. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

Fuck that I don't want to hear any Giants' fan mouths for another 10 months lets hope they don't make the playoffs just so those cocky, egotistical, arrogant, asshole douchebag Giants fans can stop bragging about their 3 rings and how Brandon Jacobs is the best Running back in the league

10. I Come in peace

Its sort of why this league is so unpredictable and week to week. People buried the Jets last 2 weeks after getting their doors blown off in NE and that awful loss to the Fins and look how quickly it changed? I would not be shocked if the Bears lose tonight and now all of a sudden they have to play the Packers tough in week 17 assuming the Pack beat the Giants. I fully expect the Jets to beat the Bears as well as Cutler is not very adept at playing against the defenses that come at him from all angles. Really it probably will come down to the Packers game next week for the Giants so most of this will be moot anyway.

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

It's amazing to me how people can overlook a defense getting ass raped and just point to one play.

2 instances come to mind
    - vaGIANTS collapse they blame the punter
    - JETS vs TEXANS the Blame of Shonn Greene

U have got to be friggin kidding me with this nonsense

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I wanna see if the Giants will back bounce. The heat was on all last week for the Jets to bounce back. Giants fans were talking mad trash. Now the pressure is on them to bounce back, but will they?

13. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I don't think knowledgeable football fans point the blame at individuals in those situations. Writers that only want to get reactions and the morons that read that shit might but please don't lump me in with them.

14. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

We let Big Ben run for 30 yards from his own end zone with the game on the line yesterday. I want no part of "forcing" Vick to run on us.

15. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Ring as a HC is very different from a ring as a DC. It implies you understand both sides of the ball - and Rex hasn't proven that yet. Listen - we scored one TD against a depleted Steeler team without Troy Palomalou - I'm not yet convinced that we've fixed our offensive issues - and that's Rex's job. It also seems that teams are 50/50 in converting on 3rd and 15 yards plus on us - not something you expect out of a defensive mastermind.

Let's face it - in the players we've drafted and attracted we have:

1) a dominant offensive line.
    2) 2 #1 receivers, and a top notch #2.
    3) an excellent receiving TE
    4) A QB that excels in pressure hurry up moments (usually the primary moments when instinct matter more than coaching)
    5) A running game that showed it's first sign of life in weeks yesterday.

This offense has done nothing against the Lions, the Browns, the Bengals, the Dolphins, and other pathetic teams.

Sorry, but while the players like him, something's broken that needs fixing.

The good news is that he's shown to be capable of fixing things, and he's the best we've had since Parcells.

I'm just not seeing this team play to their talent level of yet. Still some time left.

Go Jets.

16. FreeMarketChampion

FreeMarketChampion New Member

Remember when good old 'Major Tom' committed criminal battery and assault against Kiwanuka (sp) after he let Vince Young escape from a sack. Coughlin is and always will be New York's 'angry gremlin'.

17. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

That's a great shot.

Somebody photoshop a flute in Jackson's hand.

18. I Come in peace

a ring as a linebackers coach is even a lot different than one as a d.c.

19. FreeMarketChampion

"Do the locomotion with me!"

20. FreeMarketChampion

LMAO at Desean as Pied Piper