Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I'm as critical of Shotty as anybody, but I have to give credit where it's due. He came up with a great gameplan against this Steelers defense. Like everyone else, I was celebrating Greene's first down before realizing we just put 6 on the board.

He did a great job keeping the Steelers off balance.. runs where we usually pass, passes where we run, good use of the playaction and short quick throws to neutralize the Steelers pass rush. Just a very, very good game plan. There was no trickery or motion designed to trick the defense.. just smart play calling to keep them off balance and beat them.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Watching the replay he kicked up his leg, thankfully he didn't hit the Steeler defender- that would have been a disaster

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes indeed. Hopefully that gets pointed out on Tuesday.

I like that he plays with attitude, but at some point you need more brain less balls.

4. skeleton_frames

My reaction was much the same to everyone else here. I was sitting on my couch and I said, here comes a run straight up the middle. Hope we get it. Then I thought Greene got it. When I saw Sanchez walking to the end zone I thought that was a pretty ballsy call.

On one of the pregame shows they were talking about how the Jets planned to use a short passing game and that Sanchez said that he say Brees and Brady have success with that. I thought it was hilarious because that's what everyone on this board had been asking for.

I thought that offensive game plan was really good for this game, I like the screens, thought we ran the ball at good times and passed when the D was expecting run. We also moved Sanchez around well and he had good pocket presence.

And if we can run the ball on Pittsburgh, we can run it on anyone. And that's going to be critical, as if we can get by our 1st round opponent, it's shaping up for a rematch with the Pats.

Great work to Schotty and the coaching staff.

5. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

I've learned not to bash the refs. If you go to the Steelers board they pin this loss solely on the refs. It seems every fan base has a problem with them.

As for our RZ offense, the playcalling has been horrendous all year.s

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Not bashing the refs, more the team I guess.

They were hardly penalized, we had that HUGE holding call that cost us 30 yards.

That was a good drive too, I'd like to think with 1st and goal from the 4/5 yard line we'd get it in.

7. skeleton_frames

Yeah I was talking with a friend of mine who's a steelers fan. seems like every fan base has plenty to say about the officials.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That's the only problem with Turner. Tough as nails, but dumb penalties come with the territory.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Those 13 point wins never seem to have any officiating problems. Its a cheap excuse for putting blame on someone else other than the team you root or play for.

1% of the time an official fucks a game over. 1%.

10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a throw every once in a while just to keep the defense guessing, but I'm not stressing over it. I don't think that's really the point of the Wildcat. I think the point is simply to get B.Smith an extra touch or two in each game. He's made more big/explosive plays for us than anyone on the team this year, so why not let him carry the ball a couple of times to see if he can find a seam?

Maybe the snowy, windy, rainy days we've had so often this year are not the best time to be getting cute with the ball ...

But it would be great to see him throw.
    I don't know what I want. :breakdance:

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'd like to motorboat your avatar.....

12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Get in line! :smile:

13. Hobbes3259

They spotted Pitt 4 points yesterday, and Baltimore as well.

Yesterday cost us nothing.

Baltimore did.

14. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Agreed, 100%. Trying to sift through the game threads is frustrating is hell because it's littered with bullshit posts bitching about the refs.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Valid to a good degree, but the Refs DID fuck us over good on that Pitt drive that tied the score. They gave them two phantom 1st downs.

Even Nance & Simms called them into question.

16. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

So? Lowery tugged Sanders on that last drive that would've put them on the 5? What's your point? The refs miss calls on both sides.

17. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

As much as I bash Shotty on here, I have to come on here and say he called a great game yesterday.....now please lets keep that consistent.

18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I demand Schotty use this formation:

[​IMG]

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Nice, put Moore and Slauson out wide with Holmes behind him and run the bubble screen.

20. Hobbes3259

If you're going to run the bubble screen, throw it to Wide Open Wayne Hunter....

Fat man with the football would make the lane look like a bowling alley.