Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Schotty kept the Steelers defense on their heels for the majority of that game and had them guessing wrong. We passed when they were thinking run and ran when they were thinking pass. I didn't like the last 2 offensive drives when we could have forced them to use all there timeouts, but against a strong D I thought Schotty did a much better job than in the past 2-3 weeks.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I frankly did not think it at all likely that the Jets would turn around their issues on O, including poor performance by the OL, Sanchez, etc. Not against Pitt's D with the team down.

But you have to hand it to the CS, and that includes Schotty. It was the D that was shakey yesterday. Part of the lack of point production on O was that the D kept giving Pitt third down conversions, and that led to them having more TOP.

Seems like Schotty got the team prepared. I see the haters' nit picking about clock management, but that's on Ryan, too. They won. Good work, Schotty.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

played well? Sanchez managed the game, junc. Matt Flynn played well...he hung 3 passing TDs on the Pats D in NWE.....granted, they lost the game....but obviously, the Packers OC knows how to coordinate an offense.

And i'm not downplaying Sanchez's effort....he was facing a fierce defense (minus their best player, mind you) in a hostile environment. To Sanchez's credit...he didn't turn the ball over....and we won.

But don't say the offense played well....there's still a shitload of things to correct from that side of the ball.

In Office Space terms: The Jets offense, under Schotty's watch, are doing the bare minimum....while teams like the Packers, with a backup QB, are showing they care with 37 pieces of Flare.

[​IMG]

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yep. Unlike the losses to NE and Miami, even GB, when it seemed like the opponent's D knew what was coming, Pitt's D mostly did not, getting faked and unbalanced against the Jet attack. Although the Jets could not continue running later, they did run it early, and that helped set the tone.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

My only problems w/ the O were the end of the 1st half and the end of the game. The end of the 1st half rex is making that call so that falls on him for being conservative, the end of the game I hated that 3rd down call. I don't mind passing but I think mark should have been under C and we should have roon a bootleg w/ a run/pass option and unless his rceiver was wide open he needed to either run or get down to make them use their final TO but luckily that didn't end up hurting us.

6. nyjunc

We faced a much better D than Flynn faced and NE was due for a letdown.

Not many teams(outside of #12 in NE) walk into Pitt and hang 30 on the Steelers.

The offense played well, I would almost say very well.

By the way how did that packers O look last week w/ Rodgers half the game and flynn half the game at detroit?

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

NWE was due for a letdown?....lol!....nice logic.

Flynn is also a backup QB who's never started a game at the Pro level, junc.

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt call it really well. Regardless of the defense, we made several clutch plays on that drive and it was damn gritty how we got that done.

What I saw yesterday is that Schotty was able to be a bit less predictable and put Sanchez in position to make plays by rolling him out more..extending the infamous 3 yard slant downfield a bit more...calling running plays that allowed the rb's to bounce it wide if nothing was there....stayed away from the mind boggling 2 yard out plays. He had Keller more in space.

He maxed out his playcalling and it allowed good talent to get space. Thats my biggest problem with Schotty. Room to roam. That was his biggest improvement and for that I give him credit.

It was an improvement against a very good defense.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Oh look...another shitty argument. Flynn was thrown into the fire....with no preparation or meaningful snaps in practice with the starters. Keep digging, junc.

10. nyjunc

Ok, your point is? That's great that they had a good game. Did they win? Did we win in Pittsburgh?

I get that you are bashing just to bash but if you truly understood what has been going on the last few weeks and what we were up against yesterday you wouldn't be posting how poorly we played.

The fact is our offense played well, you can crow about the pakcers losing all you want. I'll just enjoy our win.

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

NE was due for a letdown. Back-to-back huge wins against teams they have all the motivation in the world to want to beat. First, the Jets, then they ride the momentum against Urlacher and the Bears. A Packers team with their backup QB that is supposedly deflated was kind of a trap for New England. And of course, they get a 71 yard return from an offensive lineman, and the Packers' offense can't tackle Arrington for their lives.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hahaha...i love how you get all cranky when you're proven wrong and backed into a corner, junc.

And I never bash JUST to bash.....i proved a point that Schotty is a garbage OC and the OC for the Packers knows how to get it done with a QB who's never started before....playing against the best team in the league.

I'm enjoying the win too :wink:.....have a nice day.

13. nyjunc

What was proven wrong and how am I cranky?

How prepared did GB look in that final minute? that was the worst 2 min offense I ahve evers een, they basically allowed the last 25 secs to run off the clock but he had better #s so congrats on that.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I've already spelled it out to you, junc.....it's Monday, I don't feel like dealing with your "made up" arguments to start my week off.

Have a rum and egg nog.....on ol' MB.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

1st Offensive Series.

WR Screen (OUTSIDE THE F*(&ng numbers) 2 yards.
    (and they called it three times yesteday)

Pass Play to.....Mulligan ? (AYFKM..You've got Holmes, Edwards,Keller and Tomlinson and you're throwing it to 82????) INCOMPLETE.

3rd and 8.

Heave it down the sideline for Holmes, covered.

Punt.

Schotty discovered a short passing game yesterday, and they executed well enough to win.

But He still sucks.

The real question is, is he Learning or Not...we'll see.

16. nyjunc

If you are going to come at me at least do it w/ something better than this lame attempt.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'll give Schotty credit...he did enough to win yesterday.....but you're right, he still stinks.

How many times is he going to force Brad Smith to run in the wildcat....gee, nobody has seen that before.......throw the fucking ball....

This offense is capable of SO MUCH MORE...but Schotty's lack of game planning skills is holding this team back.

Like i said earlier....I'm glad we scratched one out yesterday....but i'm not blind to the whole landscape...Schotty is not the answer.

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I am not ready to be jumping up and down for Schotty but are we seriously going at him because Matt Flynn played one good game against the Pats? Get back to me next week when he throws 3 picks.

Or when the GB offense looks bad with Aaron freaking Rodgers. Either one.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

stop pouting, junc.

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

GB with Rodgers didn't score a TD on us. Just saying-