Westhoff Correct, Pats Guilty of lining Sidelines on Punts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Foxy-boro

Foxy-boro Banned

Let me help you and anyone else who doesn't understand. I'm not being smug. It's two fold.

The Jets are not, repeat NOT, being investigated for the Alosi's trip. That's done.

What the Jets are being investigated for is their handling of the Alosi incident. ie- Were others aware, like Ryan, Tannenbaum, OC, DC etc.

And for Westhoff's accusations against the Patriots, which could be a violation of the " Integrity of the Game " rule.

So it's a two fold investigation, neither having to do with the trip. I have been criticized for saying the Jets need to not answer questions about Tripgate and not yap to the press. But if Westhoff hadn't done that Chicago interview and hadn't come out with the fingerpointing, the second part of the Jets investigation would never have come to be. Then Dig comes out two weeks later and starts fingerpointing, again at the Patriots. It just doesn't bode well for a team that is already under the microscope.

2. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Why is this such a big deal. Every team lines the sidelines, Alosi should be punished, BB is Satan, Dolphins are faggots /thread.

3. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I do understand. That's my point. There's nothing illegal about what the Jets did EXCEPT for the Alosi trip. Who cares if the coaches told the players to stand there or not. I hope they do it again today. What the Jets did wasn't illegal. What the Patriots did wasn't illegal.

Additionally, you're wrong about "the integrity of the game" thing. You can't make FALSE accusations about other teams. There's nothing false about what Westhoff said. They did do it, there's video evidence. But then again, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. The media is blowing it out of proportions. The league has absolutely nothing to look into unless someone TOLD Alosi to trip him. Highly doubt it. They could have told them to form a line. Who cares? Show me in the rules where you can't do that or can't coach that. That's my point...it just doesn't matter. They did nothing wrong. Only Alosi did.

4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

That's not what he implied.

He didn't say "everybody does it, so don't blame us."

He said everybody does it because IT IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES and the notion that Sal Aliosi was engaged in some unique method of interfering with special teams play is a figment of Mike Francecsa's imagination.

5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

We know that.

(1) Why does it matter if they are aware or not of a LEGAL procedure, something that is NOT AGAINST THE RULES ???

(2) If Rex Ryan and the OC are not fully aware to tell Sanchez not to spike the ball with more than a minute to play, what makes you think that Rex Ryan or MW are going to be concerned with how 5 scrubs line up ?

Westhoff, the best special teams coach in the NFL, nailed it again. The Pats do it and so do lots of other teams. Game, Set, Match....WESTHOFF !!!

What can Goodell do -- sanction the Jets for lying about something that is legal ? For not remembering a trivial action ?

What if Aliosi told Westhoff and/or Ryan how they'd do this during training camp -- do you think Rex or MW would remember this from 4 months ago ?

About as likely as remembering what flavor of Gatorade was put in the tubs....I'm sure Rex and the coaches are told all the time, what are the chances they'd remember days or weeks later ???

6. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

How about a link regarding this "investigation"? All I have been able to find is that the Jets did an internal investigation, and after finding out more info., suspended Alosi.

Here's what the NFL had to say:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New-York-Jets-Sal-Alosi-suspended-indefinitely-121510

Aiello didn't say "we are investigating the Jets."

So feel free to post a link showing us that the NFL is investigating, Rex, etc. for a "coverup," just like I showed the Pats* rogues gallery of sexual offenders, including the "character guy" who assaulted a 14 year old in the Pats injured Digs thread.

#146 TheBlairThomasFumble, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

8. Foxy-boro

Foxy-boro Banned

I know you guys think I'm a A hole, but I don't know how well you've been following your own story. Why do you think I keep saying The Jets players, coaches and Org. needs to hush up ?

Because you are being INVESTIGATED.

" Four days after NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told PFT that the league office wouldn’t be investigating the Jets regarding the circumstances surrounding the placement of strength coach Sal Alosi’s knee into the path of Dolphins gunner Nolan Carroll, representatives of the league office were at the Jets’ facility, investigating the situation

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/18/jets-get-third-visit-of-the-year-from-league-office

profootballtalk dot nbcsports dot com/2010/12/16/westhoffs-accusations-against-pats-potentially-violated-league-rules/

sports dot espn dot go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5928044[/url]

" A league representative is expected to meet with Jets officials as part of the investigation, and that meeting may occur as soon as Friday."

sports dot espn dot go dot com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5928044

I have explained and re explained that it isn't about the " Trip " . It's about Westhoff accusing the Pats without proof. The Jets lined up coaches and inactive players to make the wall. The illegal part is lining up inactive players. The Pats tapes show active players, helmets on. No violation. So it is not the same thing. Besides if some one has a beef with another team, it is to be addressed with the Commish's office, not Chicago radio. A side note, there was footage today of the Jets coaches doing the same thing in other games, including inactive players. I don't recall if it was ESPN or NFL Sunday. Sorry.

The seond part of the investigation is to determine if Ryan, Westhoof or any others had knowledge of this practice. Again, because of conflicting statements by Westhoff.

As for your links about Merryweather and Meggat et al: I told you I wasn't playing and I am not. I said in my initial post that sex scandels were present in every team. If you want me to Google a sex offense, each time you post a sex offense we could spend an entire week doing so. You seem to want to point out Pats offenses. Go ahead. I stand by my statement that ALL teams have a few skeletons in the closet. I'm not going to call out every team and individual that has done it. I'm really not getting your point anyway, and don't want to. I admitted ALL, that encompasses the Pats have done it. But keep going if it gets you thru your day.

And congrats on your win today.

Apparently I can no longer post links until my post count is 50, so again, they are coded. I gad to remove your link in order to post also.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

10. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

Did you read the artivle? did you? The proof is there. I will say the trip was bad and wrong. but do not claim high and mighty when your hc try to trip Marvin Harrison. Your team was caught. You don't like I don't care. This is case were everyone is entitled to an opinion and even in the face of proof you try to claim innocent. WRONG just like your opinion

11. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

" Four days after NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told PFT that the league office wouldn’t be investigating the Jets regarding the circumstances surrounding the placement of strength coach Sal Alosi’s knee into the path of Dolphins gunner Nolan Carroll, representatives of the league office were at the Jets’ facility, investigating the situation

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/18/jets-get-third-visit-of-the-year-from-league-office

Again incorrect in light of the rules sorry but like most pats fans thanks for playing try again
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...line-rules-restrictions-in-memo-sent-to-teams
    read them if you can.
    Your next argument will be they were situational subs wrong that would be 2 or 3 players not 8

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Who knows. I guess its not worth the air time cuz its not the Jets.

13. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I agree w/boro that the Jets need to STFU about this (but we don't). But I'm not exactly worried about an investigation into people standing in a line on the sidelines.

BTW - The Jets handled this little crisis pretty damn well this past week. Practice makes perfect in the media game as well. They dealt w/the issue promptly and addressed it promptly w/the media. Then they were able to get their preparation done and go to Pittsburgh and win. Overall not bad.