Westhoff Correct, Pats Guilty of lining Sidelines on Punts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Dec 17, 2010.

1. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I know all this, joe, and I agree with you 100%. And no, I didn't go looking specifically for a Pats player doing it.
    After filtering out this weeks brouhaha, it happen to be the 1st pic that came up.

I'll turn up my sarcasm generator, it's been on the fritz lately...

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

gay thread is still gay

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Actually coaches and staff and players have always pulled stuff on the sidelines. They were doing much worse on the sidelines in the NFL 50 yrs ago than they are now. They would F people up on the sidelines in the old AFL/NFL. None of this namby pamby little tripping...LOL.

4. So the fact that Belichick's attempted trip failed somehow exonerates him?

5. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

That's your interpretation as a Jets fan grasping for straws.

6. The Mak

The Mak New Member

It's SATURDAY. Why is this thread still active? This is fucking pathetic.

7. Huh? Grasping for straws about what? Belichick tried to trip Harrison and failed. Where's the grasp?

8. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I still don't get why this is an issue. Who cares if they line up on the sidelines. There's nothing against the rules in doing that. So what does it matter? The issue was that he stuck his knee out. That was the dick move. I could care less if they line up, hold hands, do whatever. Maybe the player shouldn't be out of bounds then.

9. It was a dick move, and has been called out by a lot of Jets fans.

Unfortunately, many Pats fans don't share the same objectivity as they try to make excuses for Belichick's actions in 2004.

10. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

I agree. Why was the player running out of bounds? Maybe because he can't be blocked while he is out bounds. This allows him to run without being blocked.

11. RUSH

RUSH Member

fixed, also I wonder why the NFL didn't investigate?

12. Sciz

Sciz New Member

Taping signals is perfectly legal according to Godell. It's just illegal in certain locations, one of which is the sidelines.

13. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

There's no question Belichick was trying to get in the way of Harrison getting back on the field but an attempt to trip him? No. Not even close. Objectivity? All some Jets fans are trying to do is soften the embarrassment by pointing out some poor sportsmanship by a coach they love so much. When was this play? 4 years ago? Maybe it's time to dig deeper in the NFL archives for some more examples.

#133 PatsFan2003, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  14. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Now we know where they learned it

Next we'll be video taping team's walkthroughs

15. I really don't want some troll "fixing" my posts, thanks.

It does have a bearing.

16. RUSH

RUSH Member

cry more, I heard it helps.

17. diggemsmack80

diggemsmack80 New Member

a lot more good fans on this site than i originally thought there would be, but sackexchangenyj u really sound like a little pussy and yes i am a "troll" or whatever other played out word u want to call me.

18. grayburn

grayburn Member

u can b troll if u want b troll, u shud use good english talk tho. it make it better to reading.

19. diggemsmack80

diggemsmack80 New Member

i agree- it's the booze typing

20. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Let's take a step back. If Nolan Carroll doesn't get tripped, this is a non-issue. There's nothing against the rules here. They're not outright trying to tackle the guy or trip him. Alosi made a rogue move, a rogue decision to stick his knee out. That's the ONLY thing that's wrong here. The entire organization has to take the heat for that?? Doesn't make sense. The Pats definitely did it. I'm sure they're not the first, and the Jets won't be the last unless this continues to get blown out of proportion like it is.

The media needs something to talk about with the Jets. They're in a freefall. People are becoming less interested. And there's nothing else going on with the team. Rex Ryan isn't cursing on TV. Braylon Edwards isn't getting DUI's. Holmes isn't listening to music on an airplane. There's no news here. End of story. Alosi did it, not the organization, and those 4 people could have been eating hot dogs or playing hopscotch on the sideline for all I care. Instead they chose to protect their sideline? And that's a problem? I'm glad I just had to listen to Francessa drone on and on about the Jets lack of character this morning because of it.