Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Sure, Schotty is a good coach. There's an opening on the team for strength & conditioning coach.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

pretty sad on the surface but when you realize:

2006: Chad coming off of TWO shoulder surgeries and had 2 rookies on OL w/ Kevan Barlow as our #1 RB
    2007: Chad hurt again, plays most of year w/ Clemens and terrible OL
    2008: was thrown Favre a month before the season
    2009: started a rookie QB
    2010: until a few weeks ago this offense was very good, he gets his share of the blame but LT has clearly slowed down, the QB is struggling, the WRs can't coach and the OL hasn't been very good.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The alarming one is in 08 with Favre.

He even recorded a 6 TD game, but not 300 yards. It's not like Favre had Holmes and Edwards to throw to though.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

300 yard games are the most overrated of all overrated stats.

5. MadBacker Prime

I guess if you have a good running game. Without a good running game we need to gain yards somehow.

Since people are obsessed with the no TD not win stat. Every time Mark has a 300 yard game we win. lol

6. ukilledkenny

I just think the 300 yard thing is stupid and I think the change in the argument has been pretty funny since Mark had a few 300 yard games earlier in the year. The day before the game everyone is talking about how Schotty hasn't had a 300 yard game in however long. Sanchez goes for 300 and the argument becomes ZOMG he had Favre for a year and he didn't throw for 300 yards!

7. MadBacker Prime

You're right, it is a pointless stat as long as we are getting yards from somewhere and putting up points.

8. ukilledkenny

Which we aren't right now.

9. nyjunc

Favre came to us w/ a month to go before the start of the season, playing in a new system for the first time in 16 years.

10. MadBacker Prime

Yup, I'm fully aware.

He managed to throw 6 TDs in a game.

Favre also changed it up a bit, Schotty even admitted that some things were changed that were better for Favre.

I wish I never brought this up, bottom-line for me is that Schotty is not the right coach for our young QB.

11. nyjunc

So he threw 6 TDs in a game that was mostly garbage time in the 2nd half? what does that mean? That Ari D gave up 48 & 47 at NE and Philly too.

Our QB has taken huge strides this year, brian has done a great job developing him. he has hit a rough patch, he'll get out of it.

It's amazing, 2-3 weeks ago our O was carrying this team and now after a couple of bad games people are pretending like the D has been good all season and the O has been holding us back.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The offense hasn't been bad, it's been non-existent. You can't go 2 straight games in the most important part of the regular season with your offense playing such awful football and expect the offensive coordinator not to be criticized.

What are we supposed to ignore the last 8 quarters of completely inept offensive football because we did slightly better than average earlier in the season?

13. MadBacker Prime

I agree our offense came up with huge winning drives where Mark and Holmes called the plays. lol

Do you think Schotty gives us the best chance to win? Looks what Josh Mc did in Denver with FAR less talent.

Win or lose this year I hope the Jets explore some options.

14. nyjunc

He deserves criticism, everyone associated w/ that offense deserves criticism but our QB isn't throwing well or makiing good reads, our RBs have slowed down, our OL is struggling and our receivers can't catch. Is that all on the OC?

Josh did a tremendous job in denver leading them to a 5-17 record in their past 22 games. and waht a job leading them to 20 PPG(less than the Jets in '09 or '10 despite starting a rookie in '09).

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Nope, I never said it was.

16. nyjunc

Not you but many people seem to pin most of the blame on the OC. There have been some bad games playcalling wise but overall I am happy w/ the way he calls a game.

17. MadBacker Prime

Good lorn man, with the offense this year.

Rex handles our defense, you know that right?

So if Josh was hired here it would be to run the offense. Look what he did with Orton. Do you follow me now? We have much better e weapons here too, and could do wonders for Mark. That's just 1 example.

My belief is we did not trade up and take Mark as the 5th pick to be a game manager/pez dispenser. If that is all we needed a QB for we should've just went with Kellen.

18. ukilledkenny

Except at the QB position which is what makes everything else work.

As long as Sanchez continues to have his peaks and valley's no OC the Jets have will get the offense looking the way we want it to look. Is it possible that someone else would be able to work around Sanchez' struggles better? sure is.

19. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Then bring in McDaniels and trade for Orton.

20. MadBacker Prime

With these struggles Schotty does not make changes. In fact he has him to do more, throwing 44 times on a windy rainy day was pure genius.

I know the running game was abandoned because of the 2.5 YPC, but last year we would've kept trying and in such a low scoring game that might've been a good idea. We needed just 1 big gain, then maybe Mark is out of the funk, as well as the receivers.

#1480 MadBacker Prime, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010