I'm not convinced the guy tripped the Dolphins player (Suspended W/O Pay For Season)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaZeus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Thank you. Your edit was accidental, I guess. Crisis averted.

2. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I still think the funniest part of the whole thing was Karlos Dansby's response

"Grudell, Come on man, Grudell handle this" :rofl:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVe9xiuyFh8[/youtube]

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

wrong thread..

5. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

as usual crowder sounds like a total asshole

dominated?

the jets basically handed the games to the dolphins with the mistakes

5 completions is hardly dominating

6. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

From Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com: it fits the situation.

Pathetic.

That was the first word that came to mind when reading remarks made by Jets special teams coordinator Mike Westhoff to Chicago sports radio station ESPN 1000's Waddle and Silvy Show. Westhoff accused the Patriots of building the same type of wall that the Jets did when strength coach Sal Alosi inexplicably stuck his knee out to trip Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll on Sunday.

Is this elementary school? Seriously?

The bottom line is that players and coaches have a specific area that they are allowed to stand along the sideline during a game, and that area is clearly marked. It is the officials' job to manage the sideline and make sure players and coaches remain in that area.

That's why Westhoff's attempts to drag the Patriots into the Jets' mess -- which is more about Alosi's trip and less about any type of wall -- is weak. Westhoff is a terrific coach, someone whose schemes are annually lauded by those who play against them, but he does himself no favors here.

Meanwhile, look for the NFL -- as it often does in knee-jerk fashion -- to make this a new "point of emphasis" in the ensuing weeks. Perhaps they'll call it the "Jet Rule."

That would be fitting because the Jets are the only team that should be part of this discussion.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Mike Reiss is a faggot so his opinion regarding anything doesn't count

8. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

That's some hard-hitting analysis right there. Please post with some content next time and think about what you're typing.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

This coming from a guy who posted a useless blog post from espnboston.com

Who gives a shit what some douchebag writer from Boston thinks? If a Patriots player/coach said something that's one thing. But a blogger? Nobody here gives a fuck.

10. Ironforce

Ironforce Banned

Hardly dominating, but enough for the win.

11. 1. It's good to see the Pats have a blind homer as their ESPN beat guy. Naturally, ESPN picked a guy in Cimini who hates the Jets to be their beat guy, so it seems like it's in perfect character. Pats get the love, Jets get the hate.

2. There is NOTHING WRONG with setting up such a wall, if it is within the box. There is nothing illegal, or even questionable, about it. It's not poor sportsmanship, it's not anything. So ultimately it doesn't matter who ordered the wall. We don't have such investigations into other coaches ordering legal maneuvers.

3. The only wrong move was Alosi sticking out his knee...and possibly Dixon, if he intended to deliver a shoulder. Why is anyone looking beyond that? Answer: It's the Jets.

This is absolutely ridiculous. For the media to go nuts over something that is not illegal, and then for Roger Kraft-Goodell to follow suit, is just insane. One move in this whole thing is worth investigating, and that was Alosi's actions. It was investigated, and he was punished. End of story.

This is just ridiculous at this point.

12. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

The same way when they asked Belle about him missing the tarp for game and he answered with smile stating that he was not in charge of the field.....
    No I am not saying I know Don Shula but I have meet hi actually bduring the game where The Jets beat the Buck (the Keyshawn and Wayne Game) and the fucker lied to people as his sources were telling him the score who was his source you ask, I was the fucker out right lied to people who were asking while I was in the seat behind him talking with my wife my source for the score.
    Dude knew trust me

13. The beautiful difference in these situations:

Then - the NFL had specific rules about the covering of a field prior to a game. The Dolphins violated this.

Now - the NFL has specific rules delineating where players and coaches can stand. The Jets did not violate this.

14. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

+1 Great post! Fuck espnboston.

15. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#435 TheBlairThomasFumble, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

What?

I think you are saying "I actually met him before the game"?

But I am not sure.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What ?

18. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

I think he was talking about his defensive unit (which dominated the Jets). I wouldn't say the Jets handed anything away.

#438 ElleClouds, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  19. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

OK there seems to be alot of whats, I was at work and extremely busy when I responded. The what is I have met Don Sula back in the 2000 we were traveling to Orlando from FTL. My wife was calling me giving me the update on the Tampa and NYJ jet game jet fans will remember the Curtis Martin TD pass to the Flashlight to win the game. I was talking to my wife he asked the score and when people were coming up to him I was his source.
    he made it seem like he was in contact with people at the freaking stadium. Trust me the guy knew what was happening as well as every knows there were tarps at the OB as they were used a few weeks before for a Canes game.
    They were magically lost. Rules be rules and my point in this entire thing is the dude fed up but it is not the biggest screwing anyone has ever gotten. I showed two blatant examples of cheating and people kindly explain them away as home field advantage.
    Now Ironfarce if I read your post correctly I would suggest before you go onto a talk show you know the rules of the sport you are going to talk about. Or if that is post from a Miami beat writer I would expect the half baked morons to do better then that and know the rules before they speak. And never trust the Herald as proof I would suggest going to a real news paper for information. Such as the FTL News at least they are more biased or the LA paper, Chicago Tribune.
    Do I have hard proof no sir I don't but as they say the proof is in the pudding who stood the gain the most from loosing the tarps? Both home teams why because it gave them an unfair advantage (cheating) taking away the other teams speed which they could not keep up with otherwise.
    To say they both played on the same field is a farce as the Jets had McNeil at RB and Walker and Jones at wide out, while the fins were a plodding team with Woodly at qb and two plow-horses running.
    As for I don't know and that may be true, it is please go verify it. I actually got the rule from the 2005 Pats Colts game

20. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I tried to fix the GBOSTNOWTR, but holy shit dude, you didn't have to rush to bang this out. Take a couple of Valium, and take a little longer than 3 seconds to write a post this long :up:

And I'm not trying to be a jerk. From what I can tell, the story appears to actually be interesting, it's just very difficult to decipher :breakdance: