Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Let's start with Droptonio Holmes.

Schotty had the call,The ball was in his hands..

Realistically, the drops alone are killing us IN SPITE of the horrendous play calling.

Just playing Devil's Advocate for a minnit.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Droptonio holmes. Funny how people are quick to kill a player that probably won two games already this year for the Jets.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Who is killing him ?

Did you read my post...I was playing Devils Advocate for Schotty.....

But...at the end of the day...between that drop and the missed pick play...that puts the ledger at won 2 lost 1...

I love the guy....but..it is what it is.

#1403 Hobbes3259, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

That has always been one of my main reasons for not completely throwing the guy under the bus. Let's be honest, every OC is going to make bad calls or at least calls that the fans say are bad.

No matter what you think of the play calling it does not excuse the players for leaving plays on the field. I was willing to live with seeing a shotgun on 2nd goal from the 4 yard line when the offense was putting up respectable point totals so I defended Schotty. Now that the offense has become completely inept for 2 games there is nothing to defend even if we do still have the players leaving plays out on the field.

If they were to somehow put up 28 on the Steelers and I see someone going off about some bad call he made in the second quarter I will probably defend him again. It's more about the big picture for me than single play calls that didn't work.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I just dont agree with his play calling. The Steelers have the best run defense. I bet you he will call run plays all day long that won't work. He just doesnt get it.

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Jesus Christ, someone make him stop.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Very well. That is one way to look at it, I guess.

I am more like, "those individual plays make up the big picture" kind of guy, and moreover, if I see a consistent failing tendencies, that literally sets me off. You know, the stuff like getting the plays off at 15 secs on the clock, lining up with 7 secs on the clock, this kind of fuck ups.

I once ridiculed at junc's notion that 3rd and 3 is a passing down - to me, anything less than 3rd and 5 was a rushing down. However, current sorry state of Jet rushing offense caused the change in my logic - maybe 3rd and 3 IS a passing down for this sorry offense. So in that regard, I might not yell at Schotty for lining Sanchez up in shotgun with 3rd and 3 any more - Schotty is simply incapable of letting his offense impose their will on the opposing defense. He is a pussy quite unlike his father.

8. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

There have been more drops this year than fleas on a Cantab Tomcat.

9. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Whats a cantab tomcat?

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I agree that at a certain point enough individual plays make the big picture which is why right now I don't disagree with anything your saying. The offense hasn't scored in 8 quarters, its unacceptable.

Earlier in the year when the Jets offense was actually putting up points the big picture to me was that sometimes Schotty made an awful call but in the end was getting the job done. Now he isn't getting the job done so he deserves what he is getting the last two weeks.

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

This is exactly the point I'm at too. I was okay with Schotty and was much more forgiving of plays that drove me crazy in-game because the results were good enough.

The results haven't been good enough lately. Hell, they haven't even been competitive.

The thing right now is that while I'm irritated enough about the poor playcalling in-game, as well as the delay in getting them in, I'm far more concerned with what is clearly a bigger problem from Monday to Saturday. It's really easy to point fingers at Holmes or Cotchery or Keller for dropping passes, but why are they dropping them?

It's becoming more clear to me that this team is sleepwalking through the week and expecting to show up on Sunday and let talent win. Guys aren't in the spots Sanchez expects. When they are he's either overthrowing, underthrowing, or they're not concentrating.

If this were one guy or it was infrequent it would be one thing. It's repeatedly now though. That tells me these guys aren't taking practice seriously enough. Even if we blame all of these talented players for being mentally out of the game, we still have to look at why they're allowed to get away with it. That's coaching.

Schotty is not doing his job right now. Neither is Rex. It's time to fix this.

12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The problem with the 3rd and 3 shotgun is it takes away some of the uncertainty in the defense.

Also it depends on the situation, I believe last Sunday on two occasions of 3rd and 4 or less in what my opinion should have been 4 down territory we passed - On one occasion we did go on 4th but instead of trying to pound it twice we threw an incomplete on 3rd. I do not know if it is a communication thing between Rex and Schotty but if you know you are going to go for it on 4th, I think it should affect your 3rd down decision.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I didn't like the playcalling Sunday but overall for the year I think the playcalling problems have been overblown. The plays have been there, it's been mostly a lack of execution whether it's the wrong read, poor throw, protection breakdown or drops.

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

The guy doesn't seem to adjust well during in game situations.

He's stubborn just like his old man.

Why is Mark throwing the ball 44 times a game when we are only down 10 points in the first?

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Have any analysts on either ESPN or NFLN commented on the playcalling?

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

a lot of 3rd and longs are the reason.

Run game sucked, short yardage decisions sucked, receivers couldn't catch, 20 yard out routes for a 2nd year QB in the motherfucking rain, not many quick decision plays to get Sanchez back in rhythm, line ate my balls, Holmes drops winning TD, Schotty can't prepare an offense and keep them consistent, he can't fix problems dating back to October, etc.

I probably missed about 9 or 20 things.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

18. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

That was my point, it always seems like other than 2-4 plays, every other play is predictable, stale, and part of a script.

Never thinks on his feet.

I will scope the link later, thanks.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

did you notice we couldn't run? LT & Greene average 2.4 yards per carry, that is pathetic. My biggest problem sunday was always running on 1st down setting up 2nd and longs b/c we could not run.

20. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'll admit our line isn't as good as last year but maybe if SG was given the opportunity to wear down defenders in the beginning of the game instead of Schotty calling LT's number, we'd be getting more yards.