I'm not convinced the guy tripped the Dolphins player (Suspended W/O Pay For Season)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaZeus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Tie goes to the Mexican reporter, great ass being the first tie-breaker.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

WRONG Westhoff didn't contradict himself at all. You are spinning in order to make up a false controversy over nothing. You can not have noticed something and you can also go back and check film to pick up things that you didn't notice at the time - things which are BTW - TOTALLY LEGAL.

3. Italian Seafood

They did just play the Patriots six days earlier, so it's not that far back to go and find the film. Unless Rex buried that too.

4. gangreen_indeed

You think that was a non-story?

I don't. 1) It speaks directly to the lack of discipline on Ryan's staff. 2) we're talking about a sideline coach influencing a game by taking an opposing player out. Neither should be acceptable to Jets or football fans.

5. Ironforce

Ironforce Banned

No, they're making a fuss about it because of the TRIP. Had Nolan not been tripped, we'd have heard nothing about the wall.

6. gangreen_indeed

7. 624

624 Banned

"the wall" was a dumb call

We can't even make the right sideline playcalls lately.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

so is it legal or not to form a damn wall? I thought the players can do whatever they want on their side of the field. Stand, jump, do back flips as long as they are behind the line. But according to NFL executive vice president of football operations Ray Anderson, it violated league rules.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yes it's a non story. The one coach did something stupid, and the Jets suspended him and may even fire him down the road. What more should the Jets do?

One idiot coach does something stupid and now there's no discipline on Ryan's staff. Cool story.

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Ray Anderson and the word "joke" go very well together.

11. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

I think the concern is that it was originally believed that he stuck his knee out kinda in the heat of the moment, just reacted and stuck it out.

Instead, it is now found out that he had every intention of trying to impede and take out the gunner. It was what he was trying to do the whole time. It was premeditated. And then questions begin to form that if it hadnt been Sal... would others in the line have done the same thing if Carroll had got to them? How premeditated was this thing?

Thats why this revelation became a big deal. Not b/c of the actual wall itself... but b/c there was a premeditated wall involving multiple people intentionally tried to hurt an opposing player during a game.

#371 FinNasty, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  12. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

the cover guy really shouldn't be running out of bounds. and the guys standing out of bounds shouldn't throw knees.
    the only way to make sure none of this happens is to put up boards, like hockey.

13. Ironforce

Ironforce Banned

That's what I had originally thought. I figured the guy was just caught up in the moment of a heated rivalry game. I'm surprised to now hear about the conspiracy. I still don't think any additional punishment is necessary. He's been suspended for the year without pay and fined $25k. That should be the end of any punishment, IMO.

14. gangreen_indeed

The question isn't what more could the Jets do (they've done plenty), it's why it happened in the first place. Where discipline does not exist, incidents such as this are repeated in other forms.

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Anderson told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that there are "protocols where players and coaches are supposed to be," and the Jets' alignment was "improper."
    :breakdance:
    I had no idea.

#375 mute, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  16. Italian Seafood

Literally a knee-jerk reaction.

17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

So now I wanna hear the hundreds of posters on here still say they don't want this guy fired.

With this new info. there is absolutely no reason for Alosi to still be employed by the Jets. The negatives of keeping him here far outweigh any benefits that he brings to this organization.

Hopefully he is fired immediately so this team can move as this distraction can only hurt this team as it embarks on a playoff run.

I'm shocked he hasn't been fired yet.

18. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Yeah Yeah, fire the guy. What do I care. Except, this new information doesn't add anything, because it's not against the rules to line up on the sidelines like that. Tripping a gunner is VERY illegal. Punish him for that offense, not for some contortion of the rules.

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I just want to see this distraction go away for the sake of the team. If there's another way to deflect attention from it then so be it. However if the distraction lingers as long as he's part of the Jets staff then I think he has to go.

20. gangreen_indeed

Wait... WHAT?

Are you stating that a sideline coach has every right to intentionally trip an opposing player because that player strayed to close to his sideline?