Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

According to Manish, they averaged 2.5 yards on 1st down... yet kept pounding the ball over and over on EVERY first down. Smart.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I was furious when I heard the interview, BS has the veil over Rex eyes, he is probably throwing the players under the bus just to keep his job.

BS is here to stay for a while men, so sit back and watch the the offense struggle until Rex loses his job because of this clown, hey don't be surprised if he is the HC in waiting in the next couple of years.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

It's ridiculous.. during last year's playoff run, they had great success with the play action when the defenses were creeping up to stop the run. It's unbelievable.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Consistent?!?!?!?

I'll grant you they played great on Sunday, which is overshadowed by the putrid offense.

But.....OTOH...They've never had enough attitude to close out opponents (you know like at the end of the Browns game, for instance.)

And you might want to argue the point, so I'll end it with this.

Rex always has a handle on what the defenses stats are....and after a loss in which they gave up exactly 10 points ....after turnovers on Offense...(and the Miami punter had an out of this world game)....He lit them up for a reason.

The only place left to turn, is the attitude with which he clearly expects them to play.
    It's not like he's never made that clear.

#1344 Hobbes3259, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Telling us the D isn't angry enough to close out a game and then using Baltimore as an example just isn't a good idea today.

6. Hobbes3259

Yeah, I know...but the problem remains.

As good as they are playing....can you honestly say, you feel good going up by 4 and kicking away with 1:45 left?

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I didn't see this posted, but I read it on thejetsblog.. it has some things that i absolutely 100% agree with and have posted numerous times on here.. Not the first paragraph part about Garrett, but the 2nd point about how Shotty was, for some reason, considered a HC in waiting for some team next year. He came into this year figuring he would show off his brilliance and what a genius he is with this offense and make everyone around the league ooh and ahh while ogling him from afar. A lot of times it seems like he is more interested in doing that crap than doing what is best for the offense and making things simple.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

If it's the Pats no.

Anyone else I would take my chances.

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Stop harping over the low pass completion ratio, will you?

I have said it in the past, and I will say again. Show me which QB can complete 60+% of his passes with 3rd and 10+. Sanchez was 4/20. If he didn't have to deal with that 3rd and a mile situation, (his 20 attempts - that's half his attempts - came on 3rd and 9 on average) he was respectable 13/20. That's the 60% completion ratio you so crave about. Are you illiterate?

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Finally someone else noticed this.

And it was none other than junc. How am I surprised to find this.

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

#1351 truthbtold, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I bet a large number of people who complain abour Sanchez's completion percentage are the same ones who said it doesn't mean shit when all the Pennington supporters would point out he had on of the highest in history.

Point being you cannot just look at one stat - it will never tell the whole story.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You are digressing, but ftr comp percentage was most of what Chad had going for him. The ability to lead the team from behind to score with little time left? Not so much.

14. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Consistent considering they were the #1 D last year and the #3 D this year, yes I'd say they are pretty consistent in our year and half sample size we've been given.

Also this years D has closed out more games than last years even though last years stats are better. Have we had some hiccups along the way??? Yes we have but to harp on the D whose really only had one shit game in a year and a half is ridiculous.

The offense is a roller coaster and it doesn't even go by game it goes by series. Theres absolutely NO consistency.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't want to make too much of this, because the strength of the Steelers is not their O right now. But ftr while from OUR perspective the D played great, in truth Miami's O sucked in that game. Flat Out Sucked.

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I agree that one stat doesn't tell it all, and as I've stated before, I like Sanchez... I like his elusiveness, I think his arm strength is good, I like his ability to throw on the run.

With that said, he still misses as many throws as he completes ... And the guys on here who are blaming it all on the OC are just ignoring the problem. Schotty might have some partial blame ... but the lion's share of the blame is on Sanchez and if we want to keep drives from stalling he needs to get much better at putting the ball where it needs to be.

Why would that be offensive to anyone on here?

#1356 truthbtold, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I still blame Schotty, our receivers rarely get any separation, too often Mark has to throw a near perfect pass to get them the ball.

Watching other games you see receivers open by 5 yards easy, that target would be better for Sanchez.

18. Hobbes3259

Dan Henning, Chan Gailey, and Scott Linehan, are all better Offensive Minds than BS.

That's the data that backs it up.

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Mike Mularkey is pretty good too.

He coaches Matt Ryan, and they make the right decisions come crunch time. They also never run stupid cute plays that are designed to outsmart opponents. They work on being a well oiled machine and execute everything too.