Fans at the game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Exit 117, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

haha, so true. Plus the other thing is every time some mope has a ticket they want me to take off their hands, it always entails getting to the stadium 6 hours before kickoff so they can do some elaborate tailgate thing like they're catering a goddam coronation. So stupid.

2. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

I would have to agree with you, it makes me sick to see the seats empty. I am a season ticket holder in the Gridiron Club, and although the seats in my general area are filled with Jets fans, there are many many seats empty, especially in the bad weather. The club was PACKED with people watching on TV - it sux. I screamed my head off the whole game with my brother and father, tried to get people rowdied up, but everyone just sat there. Told several Fish fans to sit their ass down, and for the most part they abided, it was quite funny.

Nothing can be done about this, so I have started to just accept it, all I can do is attend EVERY GAME, no matter the weather and give the Jets my support. I will do the same at the Bills game.

3. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I had a bunch of asshole dolphins fans taken out by security in front of me.

4. steves850

steves850 Active Member

The last sentence is more venting but I still stand by my original point I'm a die hard working class fan, I can't afford to go to many games. If I had tickets and couldn't go for some reason I'm selling my tickets to the highest bidder. So fuck you, stuck up bitch.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

More like a casualty of big business

6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Its a completely separate issue yes, but an issue nonetheless. Fuck that turd Woody Johnson. He doesn't have enough money.

7. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

First off... FUCK YOU!

Second... I didn't go to the game with a Dolphins fan. I sat through the entire game in the pouring rain cheering on the Jets.

Third... FUCK YOU for posting something as stupid as this.

Fourth... People can do whatever they want with their tickets. A lot of tickets are owned by companies and they give them off to clients regardless of what team they are a fan of.

Fifth... If you don't like it than don't go to the games... and if that's the case... once again FUCK YOU...

8. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

The traffic was probably the best part of the day.

All in all, it didn't rain too much during the tailgate or beginning of the game. The wind was terrible the first 4 hours of the tailgate. The earlier you were there, the worse the wind. Several tent efforts were thwarted by the wind. We were able to get our's up but we carry tons of bungee cords, weghts, etc to make sure it does.

You knew going in you were going to get wet for this game so if you were unprepared and that was on you.

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Tougher than alot of the fans as well. But they are getting paid to be out there. The fans pay in excess of $100 to sit in the rain.

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I thought the cheerleaders were not paid?

Either way, you all know my opinion on this topic.

If you don't fork out the thousands every year for seasons, don't tell those of us that do what to do with ours.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Blame the owners of the stadium for not doming it. I think most of the blames go to the NYGs who were totally anti the dome & while Woody was in favor but I guess not enough to fight the NYG owner on it. So chalk that decision up to Woody being wimpy on the topic. :jets:

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I felt bad for the cheerleaders getting soaked out there in their Santa hats, but it was also kind of sexy.

13. DarrylStingley

DarrylStingley New Member

People who sell tix on Stub Hub have no idea what team the buyer roots for. I'm guessing that a lot of Jets fans sold tix that way.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Wanting a dome is wimpy.

15. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Holy unwarranted indignation, Batman!

All things considered, any Jets fan who lets their ticket go to a Dolphin fan is a faggot.

16. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Champ = I'm NOT complaining. I don't want to be one of those pussy dome teams and am more than willing to sit out in the weather. I just come prepared.

17. Italian Seafood

champ is old, he moved out of the cold a long time ago and now apparently can't even stand to see it on TV.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Thanks for clearing that up but the dome comments I made was for assisting MS since it appears he cannot cope with the cold/wind/wetness in the NE in Nov/Dec/Jan :jets:

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Didn't Sanchez play great in the 2 Bengals games last year?

20. Italian Seafood

Yes. champ has selective memory, that's why he can cite draft picks like Gholston, Vlad and Wilson but forgets about guys like Brick, Mangold, Brad Smith, Harris, Revis, Sanchez and Keller.