(Week 15) Jets @ Steelers Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StainlessStill

StainlessStill New Member

Did you watch the games? Ben was phenomenal and we did NOT ride the running game. Ben was asked to win the games and he did.

Passing against Bengals in 2005 Wild Card:
    Ben Roethlisberger- 14-19, 208 yards, 3 touchdowns.

Rushing yards: Jerome Bettis, 10 carries, 52 yards

Passing against the Colts in the 2005 Divisional round:
    Ben Roethlisberger- 14-24, 200 yards, 2 Td's

Rushing: Willie Parker, 17 carries, 59 yards (Ben also made the SEASON SAVING tackle on Bettis's goal line fumble.)

AFC Champ game against Denver:
    Ben Roethlisberger, 21-29, 275 yards, 2 td's

Rushing:
    Jerome Bettis, 15 carries 39 yards.

That year in '05, the Steelers were averaging the run like 80-20. Our premier back never carried the ball more than 20 times during that whole playoffs stretch. Ben threw 7 touchdowns in that stretch as well.

His Super Bowl performance was awful, so was both teams, but the kid was 23 years old. He made up for it down the line. Anyway, I'm out. Good luck Sunday, I'll be in after, win or lose to talk post-game.

2. Brick

Brick Member

That's fine. Most of my comments were directed at Spike anyway - his attitude reflects what I get 2/3 of the time out at bars in Shadyside, South Side, etc.

The Steelers are a great franchise. I also see how important they are to Pittsburgh as a city. It's fine to celebrate that.

If it must come with mocking the fans of other teams, it's arrogant, demeaning and you can only expect that it will elicit a response.

It's been my experience in Pittsburgh that only the minority of people do only the former.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Sure did, I felt like his job much like Mark's rookie year was to just not mess up. If the Seahawks weren't so awful he might've cost you that SB.

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

..or the refs screw up!

5. Brick

Brick Member

I say that we ritual sacrifice Brian Schottenheimer to the football gods at halftime with the hope that it will reverse the fortunes of the Jets and Steelers. Throw Spike in there too.

In all seriousness, I don't see a lot of conversation about Mindenhall. I have watched this guy a lot this year, mainly because it is impossible not to see the Steeler game at a bar in Pittsburgh. The guy has great patience and runs with power and speed. I hope Shonn Greene develops more of those instincts. Despite the Jets exceptional rush defense, I think it's going to be a big challenge.

6. Spike

Spike New Member

What did I do? I pray to all the gods that Troy's knees will make it through the year, I'm just as faithful to my team.

Just trying to spice things up before a big game.

A big game to us. Let's face it - nobody will care about our game but us, the media is currently too busy sucking off the *Pats to even look at us now.

Mendy just can't find the holes to run through, we keep slamming him into the line for old times sake - the O-line strikes again.

7. MadBacker Prime

It's hard to try and stir shit up considering the Steelers game.

That organization is top notch, a model of success for decades. Rex is old school, so I hope this approach leads to our organization leading to developing a winning culture for the next 20 years. Would be a real nice change.

How Cowher just leads to Tomlin, 21 coaches in 77 years is insanely good, I realize Chuck Noll was a big part of that but still.

This ass kissing does lead back to Ben though. I was shocked that after two rape charges a respected organization like the Steelers kept him. During the time Steeler fans were calling NFL radio and asking for his head. Now that you're winning again it's all okay??

I wonder if you were 3-10 right now would Ben still be around?

8. benhamean

benhamean Member

At least they cut Holmes loose for his poor decisions...

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

hahahaha yeah smoking pot is way worse than rape.

10. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

According to steelers fans it is.:lol::lol::lol:

11. black&gold

black&gold New Member

Lord ignorance is abound on this board, huh? Looks like no one knows what rape actually is and what a charge is versus accusations.

In order for there to be a rape, there must be semen present inside the woman. Comprende? Doesn't need to be a lot, just a little. It's simple really. There was none, nada, nothing. But I suppose the same people that cleaned the bathroom scraped her insides out as well, lol! Nothing was found in the bar skank ho, so NO RAPE OCCURRED. Pretty much common sense something of an oral nature took place, but no one wants facts, they just want BS. But it takes a brain to understand this, so I'm not expecting much.

Why would the Rooney's cut someone who hasn't been "CHARGED" with a crime? Holmes was charged twice. Ben had accusations no charges, but again why would you want to be bothered with silly things such as facts. Accusations (noun) look it up.

Seriously, is this a football forum which I signed up for to talk football or the National Inquirer? Maybe you all need to be worried about the scumbag coach you have tripping a player trying to intentionally hurt another human being. Thought some good football talk would be had here, what a mistake.

12. MadBacker Prime

I stopped after the first 2 words I won't let you rape my intelligence.

Shhhhh-

[​IMG]

13. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

You'll need a good seventh grade health class to explain why that boldy statement is somewhat flawed. You'll also need an attorney to give you a more correct definition of "rape."

Just sayin'. I mean, if you're going to get all uppity about it, you should work out a few issues first. Maybe it's good that you practice on this board before you bring it somewhere else. We're very forgiving around here. And we generally like to lend a hand with things like this.

14. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

They pride themselves in getting rid of 'troublesome'' players.

If they are Black.

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Fine, we'll call it attempted rape. Happy?

16. black&gold

black&gold New Member

I'm a nurse dude, there is no flaw there at all. Don't care how forgiving you are. I'm just amazed at some of the ignorance.

17. black&gold

black&gold New Member

LOL, need intelligence first in order to "rape" it, lol. No worries here.

18. 624

624 Banned

What an ignorant statement.

You don't even know what rape means.

19. MadBacker Prime

Wasn't expecting that at all, good one.

Ready my turn, you poopy head!!

20. black&gold

black&gold New Member

LOL, cool comeback. You're alright. I'm guessing you're one of many who talks football and the rest are hopefully the minority?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.