Not firing Alosi makes NYJ=Raiders East?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Donttasemebro, Dec 14, 2010.

1. HOI

HOI Active Member

Im not saying we havent...

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

No it doesn't even come close. The guy is an 8 year employee who has no prior history of misconduct. He made a bad decision, we all have made stupid decisions at work and weren't fired for them. He was suspened and fined a large chunk of his salary. It's not like he is making James Harrison money and fined 25K. There are probably people who post here that make more money then him.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

+1....You want to have a big mouth, all that bravado and swag?

What do you expect???

When times get tough it isn't pretty.

Rex's persona is polarizing, Jet Fans love him, and other fans hate.

If we continue to lose and Rex is still Rex....it won't have a good ending.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I wanted him fired, but the punishment he received is pretty stiff, I'm OK with it. It's not like he's one of the coaches making millions. The guy was probably relying on his paychecks for the rest of the year.

I was listening to the local ESPN radio show on my way home from work yesterday prior to the suspension being laid down and the dick said "Of course the Jets haven't done anything yet, this is the team that didn't suspend Braylon Edwards for a DWI!". Dick. I wanted to call him and point out that no one gets suspended for DWI's in the NFL, but he would have hung up and said I was being ridiculous for defending the Jets for not suspending the coach.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We love him while winning, if this keeps up and they choke away another season he'll really feel the heat from the fans and media. He can talk all he wants but his team has to back him up.

6. Barry the Baptist

Actually from what I understand (I have a friend who does a radio show in Denver) Pat Bolen went absolutely apeshit behind closed doors. He may have hidden it from the public but Bolen is no Bob Kraft sweep it under the rug type. Bolen personally called John Yorke to apologize and had every person in the Bronco's organization call thier counterpart in the 49ers organization. So if you are the 49ers equipment manger you got a call from the Bronco's equipment manager. McDaniels was on thin ice to begin with and him getting the ax had a lot to do with the embarrassment he brought Pat Bolen.

7. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Trade Sal Alosi to the Raiders for Nnamdi Asomugha!!!

8. nyjunc

Something tells me if his team was winning SNs while doing it he wouldn't have fired McDaniels- heck if they were in playoff position he wouldn't have fired him. It's easy to take a stand when your team is losing or the person is replaceable.

9. Barry the Baptist

Maybe or maybe not, you have to take into account that Bolen will now be paying 3 head coaches 2 of which are no longer working for him. We can't say with certainty that he wouldn't have fired him either. The fact he made everybody call the 49ers to apologize tells me he's a pretty stand up guy. I know he was greatly embarrassed by this unlike Kraft who acted indifferent about it.

10. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

More like SOJ Fan again.

Typical...

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

donte stallworth killed somebody. sal alosi tripped somebody. they are both jerkoffs, but one killed a person.

12. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

That was Don LaGreca. I'm a fan of his and even I wanted to reach through the radio and bitch slap him for that comment.

Rex brought an identity to this team. I don't care if other fans hate us. They have been making fun of us cause the Jets were irrelevant for so long. Fuck them. Now they hate us cause the Jets are relevant. I'd rather be hated and relevant than a lovable loser.

Rex is my coach - big mouth or not.

There will always be heat on the head coach of ANY TEAM in NYC. It doesn't matter if Hooks from Police Academy was running the Jets, she'd be under fire when the team goes in the tank. I'll take Rex over any other potentials that are or were available.

Remember - Cowher had 7 years before Pitt won a SuperBowl. Are we gonna run Rex out of town before he gets a fair shake? When was the last time the Jets started a season 9-4?

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Without mentioning the fact that the guy was so far off the field of play that the 'incident' happened on the Jets Sideline.

14. nyjunc

They won SBs, did you expect Kraft to fire him? NE also wasn't the only team to do this, they were the ones who got caught but if we think NE was the only team doing this we all have our heads buried in the sand.

Why didn't Bowlen fire Shanahan for the cheating the salary cap in the late 90s when they were winning SBs?

15. nyjunc

I don't want rex run out of town but his big mouth will bring more heat. Obviously any coach that isn't winning will have heat on them but if we blow this season and finish 9-7 rex will have more than any coach i can ever remember b/c of all the big talk.

16. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Alosi is a dick.

17. Barry the Baptist

Those SB's are tainted because everybody knows they cheated to win them. You are going to use the everybody was doing it response too? Your better then that Junc, everybody speeds does that mean everybody should have thier license suspended too? Here's another cliche' It ain't cheating unless you get caught. The Pats got caught therefore they were the only ones doing it.

You really want to compare doctoring the salary cap to filming a team's walkthrough and taping thier signals? There is a pretty big difference between deferring money and video taping an opponent's signals.

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I agree, I like Rex and his attitude is a good thing as long as you can back it up.

When things start to go in the shitter, people will turn quickly.

19. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

This team could be full of saints and they would still be hated as long as the "New York" is in front of the team name. People have this perception that New York is full of arrogant and unethical people...and they are constantly looking for ANYthing that supports that stereotype. Personally, I got bored of defending my city and no longer give a shit what out-of-towners think. I brush my teeth with their hatred...mwahahahaha.

20. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

being fined 25k plus missing at least three weeks pay, is pretty hardcore relative to his salary.

i think i read he could miss 50k in pay which would mean he misses 75k total...

relative to his pay, that is a sound but harsh punishment. I think it is punishment enough.