Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Sanchez does throw better on the move too, I don' get why there was no PA pass with a rollout, Sanchez isn't over-thinking at that point just playing the game he's played his whole life.

2. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Schotty is pathetic. This offensive playbook needs an enema.

3. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

When are people going to see that the offensive struggles are a joint effort. Certainly I think Schotty is not doing a great job, but how do we know? We are not working with mark sanchez. Maybe Sanchez is just not getting it and yesterday is evidence of this. Stop looking for a scapegoat and understand that we are not football coaches and there are somethings we just don't know.
    However, I think if we continue with our predicted collapse, its a necessary change of scenery to get rid of schotty and get somebody who can work with this QB. Mind you this fucking guy started minimal games, at a questionable program (as far as putting NFL talent on to the field.)

4. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Yup.

I'm not a huge fan of the way that Schottenheimer runs the offense, but I have a tough time giving him the majority of the blame for yesterday's loss. Frankly, when the QB plays that poorly and the WRs fail to help him out at all, and the OL forgets how to block anyone, you won't put up any points no matter what the playcalls are.

Now, if you wanna blame Schottenheimer for not having his players ready to play, that's another story.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Promote Callahan, bring in Paul Hackett.

Cavanaugh is also part of this problem.

6. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I don't know what Bill Callahan has done to deserve a promotion. The offensive line was downright pathetic yesterday, both in run blocking and pass protection.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Sure he has, you guys don't want to acknowledge the circumstances in each season.

So know he's getting blame for when he was a QB coach? Using that logic shouldn't our current QB coach be getting the blame?

We got Favre a month before the 2008 season began and he was in a new offense for the first time in 16 years. Last year he went back to the O he knew.

It's amazing how you guys ignore key facts.

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

uh, yeah - his offense sucked against the pats for 4 quarters and then his offense sucked against fins for 4 quarters. Complete FAILURE by schotty. Whether its his gameplan, his playcalling, his preparation, his lack of effective adjustments at any point in the game, his system, his plays that don't work, his failure to sufficiently develop and prepare this QB - You can pick whatever you like to find fault w/Schotty for. I wouldn't argue w/you.

As for this bizarre argument that we need to blame the players for failing to execute Schotty's brilliant offensive schemes - Your Offensive Coordinator does not become immune from blame just because the offense sucks alot. In fact when the offense sucks alot and doesn't really get any better during the season - thats a sign that your offensive coordinator is sucking.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

What exactly are Cavanaugh's qualifications as a QB coach? His playing days were over when I was like 3 years old but according to wiki he was a pretty average player and he was the OC for a pretty average Pitt team (NCAA).

10. Hobbes3259

Stability. And Pass protection is always going to look like shit when you have 9 in the box, and pass plays run from formations with Hartsock and Richardson on the field, AND take 4 seconds to develop.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

So the players don't deserve any of the blame for botching the execution of a couple well called plays that would have changed the game?

In a field position/defensive game all it takes is a couple good plays to win the game which were there but horribly executed.

12. Hobbes3259

He as an asst. at Baltimore.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Last year and heading into this season Callahan was getting lots of props for the play of the OL.

I don't hear much of that lately, though. The OL has become average.

14. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

So about Shotty's play-calling...

I think we all agree that the play-calling has become beyond repetitive. But I'd like to hear some specific alternatives.

What plays would you like to see call that play up to the Jets' strengths?

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Your last sentence is why I am becoming less of a fan. (even less of a fan?) I know it's on the players too, and the rest of the CS. But part of BS's job is to get the players ready. I am not sure of the exact dynamic here and the problem with it, but it's fair to say he's not doing a kick ass job getting the players ready.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

For some pretty bad offensive teams that have always had instability at the QB position?

Maybe I'm just being knee jerk/ignorant and I'm certainly not calling for him to be fired now but at the end of the season when they evaluate Sanchez I have to imagine Cavanaugh will be on relatively thin ice...esp if Schotty leaves.

17. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

it doesn't take all that much imagination to simply call a pass on first down every now and then to keep you out of 2nd and 8 or 9 every drive, keep the defense guessing at least a little, and maybe, gulp.....gain some yardage and keep situations manageable...simple as that to me. Second, if you insist on calling off tackle runs into the line, maybe try giving Shonn greene a few touches as opposed to LT in those spots. I don' think LT has broken a tackle since like week 5

18. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

When was the last time the Jets called a flea-flicker?

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Go back and look at them in the context of what I was responding to. I have been very consistent in saying that he does plenty of stuff that annoys me. I know what I said and I stand by all of it. My opinion hasn't changed much from September. The difference now is that the offense is in an extended slump so I don't see anything to defend right now.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think we tried one a few weeks ago, it didn't work. We call too many trick plays as it is.