(Week 15) Jets @ Steelers Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Except the Bills are playing pretty well and know how to put up points, other than that I agree.
    Lol, its fairly black and white now

2. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

The good news is that Pitt could only manage 3 FG against the Bengals (D ranking 21st).
    The bad news is the Pitt D had 2 pick 6s'.

It's going to be a long day for the Jets offense if they don't step up.

3. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

we'll be lucky to put up 10 in this game on O. if the Defense or ST don't score any points this is a loss.

4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

At this point scoring 10 would be a step up.

5. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

agreed, it would exceed the production of the last 2 games! scary

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I fully expect the Jets D to play well against Pitt. They have a shitty o-line, and Ben holds on to the ball forever.. the blitzes can definitely get to him and affect them. But unless the D takes a fumble or pick back for 6, it's going to be another extremely frustrating and boring game. They really could lose like 6-0, it might be that pathetic.

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

With Woody supposedly having (regular) season ending surgery, a potential combination of Hunter and Hartsuck-- I mean Hartsock, is brutal against Woodley and/or Harrison.

8. Gunther

Gunther Member

The Defense does not have to play well in Pittsburgh. Roethlisberger isn't good enough to play well anyway. I just wonder if we put up 3 or 6 points. I doubt if this offense puts up 10 points against Pittsburgh. You have to throw the football if you want to beat them, and I doubt if this team can do that.
    After this season people like Braylon could care less if the Jets want him or not. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

they have a fucked up offensive line. we can probably get a pass rush on them.

the thing is though whether our offense can handle the devil dick lebeau's defense.

10. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

It's hard to be optimistic when there have been zero bright spots in the past 2 games.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The D played well yesterday, so I consider that a bright spot.

Regarding Pitt, I think it quite likely it will be a low scoring game, but I don't see the Jets scoring even double digits.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

so its a win win situation :beer:

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Polamalu is the key to this game. If we keep him off sportscenter top ten we win.

14. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Don't worry about the Steelers pass rush. The refs never call our opponents for holding anyways. Maybe once in the last 5 weeks.

Feel free to smack Big Ben in the head, land on his broken foot 3 seconds after the play is over. Hell punch him in the head, it'll only cost you $10k and an ejection.

This game will come down to how accurate Sanchez is and how well he reads the D. The short intermediate routes are always available to passers when playing the Steelers. It's when we rush a throw and the QB misreads it that we take it to the house for a pick 6.

Pretty sure LaDanian Tomlinson has never done a single thing of note against the Steelers, and I don't expect that to change this week.

On the flip side, our offense has been struggling due to how destroyed our O-Line is. This game could easily be 9-6.

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

problem is the jets have given up everything over the middle and i think sideline out routes with no threat of a run after catch will allow the steelers to cheat up to the line all game and just go off on anything behind the line of scrimmage

16. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

I think the keys to the game are:

1. Make their linebackers play pass coverage
    2. Draw Polamalu into the box when we pass the ball
    3. Don't turn the ball over
    4. Punt well
    5. Make sure Wallace does not burn us for a long TD
    6. Heath Miller can't be a big factor in the Steelers passing game
    7. Ground and Pound
    8. The most important key of the game is, the o-line has to BLOCK!

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

IMO, the best defensive player in the NFL, the guy is a playmaker and game changer.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Wayne Hunter on Lamarr Woodley will be a nightmare.... I expect they will stack the box and try to make Sanchez beat them deep. Schitt needs to spread their D out, and we have the players for it on this offense, but will he fuckin act accordingly??

19. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Offensively I think we need to go to 2 and 3 steps drops and get the ball out quickly to nullify the pitt pass rush. If we stick to 5 and 7 step drops which we have been doing a lot of sanchez will be a dead man back there. We have the weapons to spread a team out and hit them with shot passes. If we do this sacnhez will need to know where palumalu is at all times and avoid batted passes. The O-line will need to use blocking techniques that prevent guys from getting in the air and getting their hands up to help sanchez out. On running plays I am going to give all three backs a chance this game. Ptts d will pound us and a set of fresh legs like McKnights could make a difference late and who know maybe even break one. I know Mcknight has fumble issue and with Pitts ball hawking defense it might not seem like the time to unleash him but we need a spark and maybe he can provide one.

Defensively we have revis and cro take away wallace and ward. We will stop the run and I don't think Pitt has enough weapons to exploit out D. I expect a good game defensively. Now we all know Big Ben will hold onto the ball to long so we will get to him at points and its key we force turnovers. This game is a game our D puts points on the board its long overdue and now is the time to do it.

20. jb944

jb944 Banned

steelers have a worse O-coor then schotty. arians is the worst in the game by a mile and kills the steelers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.