I'm not convinced the guy tripped the Dolphins player (Suspended W/O Pay For Season)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaZeus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Kind of odd that some think he should be fired but Michael Vick should be allowed to play football?

2. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

While you're at it, why not bring up every scenario that is completely unrelated.

3. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

they have nothing to do with one another, bad comparison, besides Vick did his time in prison in case you forgot. I'm not saying the guy shouldn't work in footbal, but if the Jets have any class left, he should be fired, simple as that.

4. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

The player acted a little too much for the trip. The guy should be fined, get on with it and move on.
    There has been major hits this year that the player's got right back.

5. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Maybe it does and it deserves everything it gets. It was a bs move and definately needs to be punished but I just love how no media outlet or a lot of fans think its okay for their gunner to continue running out of bounds.

Its not like our guys threw him out of bounds at that exact spot, the guy was thrown out of bounds a good 5-7 yards before then and is still running on the other side of the white.

No one points out they tried to get away with this a few punts before.

6. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Alright. I wake up this morning and Alosi admits to intentionally running into him. I'll be a man and admit I'm wrong. I have no problem doing that. I based my opinion on evidence available at the time and I was proven wrong.

Next step is that he should probably be fired for his actions. I'm more embarrassed for him at this point that he didn't at least try to clothesline him or tackle him outright. I mean, if you're going to do something that dumb, at least make it worth your while.

7. WiscJets

WiscJets Member

all we need is a un-prosecuted murder and i am a ravens fan

8. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I think a lot of people have pointed that out.

Yes, it was illegal for him to continue running out of bounds without making an effort to get back in... yes, that could have been penalized and probably should have... no, that makes no difference when it comes to the actions of the coaches on the sideline. If that player had gone on to make a significant play after running out of bounds, refs are generally very good at getting that call right, or at the very least Ryan could have challenged the play, so there is no need for old fashioned "street justice" from a coach.

If Terrell Suggs body-slammed Sanchez five seconds after he throws a ball away, would you defend Suggs because Sanchez should have been called for intentional grounding?

9. gopats88

gopats88 Member

sorry, i actually didn't realize that you were talking about a previous punt, but I still don't think that changes anything

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

"maybe he was hired by buffalo wild wings to extend the game"

11. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

How is this about the pats? Quit trolling!

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I wonder what asinine connection you're gonna make here.

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Of course they have something to do with one another. vick tortured defenseless animals and he is being celebrated as this wonderful qb who has paid his dues and who is now somehow beyond reproach for his actions by virtue of his having done some time. do you feel the same way about other criminals? are we now supposed to respect ex-con pedophiles b/c they went to prison?

meanwhile we have a guy who makes one dumb inconsequential mistake of sticking his knee out on a sidelines when some special teamer is stupidly running up field out of bounds. Some folks want to defend Mike Vick and kiss his butt but they want to portray Alosi as some sort of evil person and say he doesn't even deserve a second chance.

Its hypocritical and if you can't see that you need to take another look.

14. mgmrfn

mgmrfn New Member

I am soooooooo outraged! This is completely preposterous!!! Someone could have been hurt! The play could have been affected! Someone could have been killed!

This cruel and disgusting act transcends any divsions Dolphins and Jets fans have had in the past..
    We must now unite to send an unequivocal message to all the would be Sal Alosi's of the world that this reprehensible behaviour will not be tolerated!

15. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

My first impression was that he was braceing for impact and the guy brushed his knee. Were talking about a 3 inch difference in how far his leg extended But if he admitted he tripped the guy than he should at least be fined if not fired.

Why was the player running down the sidelines 3 yards out of bounds anyway. Are they taught that in Miami? If he was knocked out he is suposed to re-enter as quickly as possible and as close to where he went out of bounds as he can. This guy was running out of bounds to avoid the blockers which is pretty pathetic. I thought this was a man's sport.

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

im already done with this topic. fire the guy who cares. find another strength and conditioning coach.

whats this guy do? rub peoples legs? find some hot naked broad to do it.

17. steves850

steves850 Active Member

You forgot to mention the grassy knoll and magic bullet.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Mike Vick lost millions and millions of dollars and did 2 years in prison. He paid his debt to society. Of course he deserved a second chance. That has absolutely no relation to what Alosi did. None, what so ever.

Do you hear anyone suggesting Alosi should go to prison or lose his life's savings for what he did? No.

19. Bootis

Bootis New Member

Agreed. Why is ANYONE here arguing this guy shouldn't be fired? Who cares about this punk? Yeah it's too bad for him, he made a mistake, blah blah blah..It's not even a question of if what he did should be a fireable offense or not--the fact is, he's brought a crap load of awful negative attention to this team who has enough of that to deal with already at the moment anyways. Clean your hands of it. Keeping him only keeps the story going. Nobody here, barring his family members and personal friends, should seriously be arguing AGAINST firing him.

20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

If this guy admits he tripped him, which he did, he needs to be fired. His actions were deplorable, dangerous and just plain stupid. The Jets have had more than enough distracting issues this season to deal with.