Crowder opening his big mouth and calling us "cheaters."

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dexter Morgan, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

I like how he says they "beat the hell out of them today." I didn't know losing by 4 was considered an ass-whooping. That dude that tripped Caroll is an embarrassment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5913168

During the New York Jets' 10-6 loss to the Miami Dolphins on Sunday afternoon, the Jets' strength and conditioning coach intentionally tripped Miami cornerback Nolan Carroll as he ran out of bounds on punt coverage.

The rookie fell to the turf while running down the sideline, and the Jets' Sal Alosi later admitted he interfered with Carroll.

"I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment," Alsoi said in a statement. "My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for. I spoke to Coach [Tony] Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off. I have also apologized to Woody [Johnson], Mike [Tannenbaum] and Rex [Ryan]. I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows."

Carroll said he was not angry about the incident. But his teammates were fired up.

"They're cheaters," Dolphins inside linebacker Channing Crowder said. "They do what they do. They cheat. They talk junk. But we beat the hell out of them today.

I wish they'd tripped me. I'd have broken that old man's leg. I didn't see anything. He stuck his leg out and tripped him? He should be ashamed of himself. A grown man from the coaching staff? That's high character.

-- Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder
    "I wish they'd tripped me. I'd have broken that old man's leg. I didn't see anything. He stuck his leg out and tripped him? He should be ashamed of himself. A grown man from the coaching staff? That's high character."

Running back Ricky Williams said: "It's the Jets right? We're not surprised."

NFL spokesperson Greg Aiello said via email that the league will review items like this Monday and through the week.

Jets coach Rex Ryan said he was just told about the incident when he was stepping to the podium, so he deferred all questions on it until he got a chance to see what happened.

"The team is reviewing the situation and is looking into the appropriate next steps," Jets public relations chief Bruce Speight said in a statement.

Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano said he would submit the play to the NFL for a review.

"There was a player down on the sideline, and that's not good," Sparano said. "We're trying to take care of players in this game."

Alosi, 33, is a former Hofstra linebacker who joined the Jets as a strength and conditioning intern in 2001. He worked for the Atlanta Falcons before returning to the Jets in 2006.

CBS Sports replays showed Alosi stick his knee out and lean toward the field. Carroll tripped and fell down and needed to be attended to by medical staff on the Jets sideline during the third quarter of the game but eventually returned.

In the locker room, Carroll, whose mother is Florida politician Jennifer Carroll, the lieutenant governor-elect for the state, was not sure how he landed on the ground on the play. He said he felt contact but couldn't be sure what it was until he looked at film.

"I just remember running and then next thing I know I'm on the ground, 'What happened?'" Carroll said. "I remember I split the double team and after that couldn't tell you what happened."

Dolphins defensive end Kendall Langford said of the trip: "That was bad. Unfortunately, he had to do that, and he really could have hurt Nolan. He could have ended his career with that. I think maybe somebody needs to do something about that as far as the league goes. I think he should get fined. We get fined for illegal stuff. Why can't the coaches?"

Crowder isn't expecting a fine.

"You can spit in people's face nowadays in the league and not get fined," said Crowder, referring to an incident earlier this season where the NFL decided against imposing any fines after investigating complaints by the Dolphins that Baltimore fullback Le'Ron McClain spit in the Crowder's face.

Upon seeing a photo of Alosi's trip, Dolphins inside linebacker Karlos Dansby called for a suspension or even a permanent dismissal.

"Four games? The rest of the season? Suspend him, man," Dansby said. "Get him up out of there. He's got to go, bringing down a whole organization like that. That's sad. You don't do a man like that."

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

This just in: Crowder doesn't know what words mean.

3. Wow, the Dolphins are trying to claim some sort of moral high ground? Seriously?

And congrats on "beating the hell" out of the Jets today. It was a true blowout...at least by Dolphins standards. You're still third in the division, Channing.

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Channing Crowder is an idiot. I hope he gets audited.

5. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

If it was him Crowder still wouldn't have done shit. McClain straight spat in his face and he didn't do shit about it. Fuck this guy.

6. Ironforce

Ironforce Banned

Miami's defense did beat the hell out of the Jets offense, but then the Jets defense did a pretty good number on the Dolphins offense as well.

When a staff member gets involved in the game in this manner you can't call it anything else but "cheating." It was a classless cheap shot and you can expect the NFL to get involved with this one. I expect Alsoi to get suspended for this.

7. CatoTheElder

How was it cheating? How did it help the Jets/attempt to help the Jets win the game?

It was classless and completely stupid but how the fuck does it actually qualify as cheating?

Oh, and Channing Crowder is a punk bitch who'll talk shit about breaking an old man's leg to a camera but will wince and walk away when Leron McClain spits in his face...only to cry to a camera later.

8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

As much as I'd like to quibble with Channing Crowder about the small details, I don't think today's the day that I get to call him a mouthy, second-rate player. Which he is. But unfortunately, today isn't the day I get to call him that. Even though he's a loud, mediocre, third-place loser, I don't have the luxury of being able to say that today.

But, tomorrow, he'll still suck. And he'll still have a big, fat objectionable yap. So, I'll be able to call him out on it when all this has passed.

9. Not many people are taking Alosi's side on this...and that includes Jets fans and the organization. So before Channing starts shooting off his mouth, why doesn't he wait to see what's done about it?

Did Channing actually see it, or was he as blind as Anne Frank about it?

10. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Crowder saying they beat the hell out of the Jets is embarrassing.

11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

crowder is a moron. You can't classify a whole team as cheaters when someone who is insignificant like Sal Alosi tries to ruin the game.

12. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

:lol:

First larf for me since 4:16. :up:

13. Ironforce

Ironforce Banned

He's not a player and had no right trying to take a player out of the game for any length of time. He succeeded at taking him for part of the game anyway.

Crowder didn't "walk away" from McClain. He went after him but was held back by his team mates.

14. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Ask Channing to point to London on the map. Hell have him point to New York. Guy is borderline. His opinion is moot. I don't respect anyone with an IQ below 80.

15. Why does Crowding remind me of Brandon Jacobs proclaiming the Giants' superiority after their fourth-stringers came back on the Jets' fourth-stringers in a preseason game?

16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

was the retard in the field of play? Im not exusing the retard that tripped him,but he shouldnt have been running where he was

17. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

[​IMG]

18. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

Because they're both fucking dumb as fuck.

19. Ironforce

Ironforce Banned

It doesn't matter if he was in the field of play or not. You'll see what the NFL has to say about it. Don't take my word for it. LOL

I'm not a Crowder fan either. I want him traded or cut. He's useless. His back-up plays better than he does.

20. CatoTheElder

Hey, it's not like he actually beat you today, just the team you root for. You can still say whatever you want about this untalented idiot.