Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

And that's the OC's fault?
    Can you possibly sound more stupid???

You're making my point --- PLAY BETTER!!!
    It's not the plays ... its the PLAYERS.
    Why can't you understand that? Its not that complicated.
    Complaining about the playcalls is for crybabies.
    We lost because our guys didn't play well enough to win.

2. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Your right it was Sanchez's fault two years ago when we scored 3 against Seattle in December throwing all over the place in crap weather.

Also the receivers are not WIDE open , that is the biggest problem Schotty's system rarely creates the open receivers you see week in and week out in other games.

Even with the less effective running game, the offense still looks better when it runs. We cross the 50 and start throwing every down.

3. truthbtold

I support Sanchez and I expect him to be a good QB in this league.
    Who said anything about giving up on him?
    But if you can't see that the main reason we lost this game today is because of his play, than I don't know what else to say.
    You can't go 17-44 with an INT and expect to win the game.

4. truthbtold

Let me ask you this ...
    Do you think New England Scores the way they do because they have a great OC or a great QB?
    People always want to complain about the plays, but almost always what it really comes down to is the players. And I gurantee if you asked them EVERY ONE would tell you that they need to play better than they did today.

5. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If you constantly find yourself in 3rd-and-20, let's see how YOU do as a QB. Beep me back when you can hit 75% of the passes for 1st down conversion.

If you didn't see how Jets almost always had 3rd and long all game (and that little 3rd and short chances were wasted away on a shotgun play call by that moron you so staunchly defend) you just have no fucking clue as to how to watch the football game.

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I love how people don't want any of the blame to be on Schotty dont bring up the fact that Brad Smith doesnt throw out of the wildcat. Its an all around failure.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You asked a question and I answered. By the way, the adding more question marks to the end of your sentence doesn't actually project a greater sense of intellect. Just thought you should know.
    The playcalls are part of the offense's struggling. The playcalling on this team has been poor to average for several years now. We've seen multiple players struggle to put up elite numbers in this system and then excel in other teams. We've seen players currently on the team underutilized or utilized poorly. All of that falls on the OC.

Getting the playcalls right keeps the team from having to deal with excess stress, something that tends to become very important when you're trying to make a comeback.

Everyone involved in the offense was at fault for the final score of this game, that point cannot be argued.

This thread, on the other hand, was the product of compounded frustration after watching Brian Schottenheimer put this team in bad situation after bad situation with predictable play calling, overly complicated pre-snap movement and a complete inability to adjust at halftime since 2007. "Just play better" doesn't solve those problems and it can only hide them for so long. It's that part that you seem to be having trouble understanding.

8. truthbtold

I'm tired of arguing with you.
    When we lose a game where the QB just completed 17 passes out of 44 attempts I don't blame the OC and complain about the play calls.
    I complain about the execution.
    That's just the way I am.

#1128 truthbtold, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  9. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

The fact there are people here STILL defending Schotty is almost surreal.

Wow.

10. ex-jetsfan

ex-jetsfan New Member

I don't think Schotty is the problem. The players need to execute. Too many bad throws and dropped passes. Not having a good OL doesn't help.

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

A couple of things:

1) This offense is inept. Sanchez looks absolutely awful out there, and you can't blame the HC for body language or Sanchez's release point looking like he's chucking a pizza. You also can't blame Schottenheimer for things like Holmes dropping what might have been the easiest TD catch I've seen all year.

2) What you can blame Schotty for is an absolutely inept game plan which probably leads to a lot of our problems. I was at a family gathering this evening, and we were all watching the game. Everyone in the room (some who normally don't even watch Jets games) was able to tell what every play was before the snap.

If you're that predictable, I don't give a damn if you have Tom Brady throwing to Jerry Rice in his prime. It's not going to work. Miami blitzed like crazy and stuffed the run. Why? Because every single human being watching the game knew exactly what the Jets were doing on every play.

I've been a major Schotty supporter, but this game was the last straw. He's got to go, and he's got to go now.

12. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I agree with you to a point. Sanchez was throwing the ball everywhere today, and has for a while. But if you look at the Jets, there just doesn't seem to be a plan. There's no rhythm. I'm not a fan of the "Wildcat" or whatever the Jets call it. It just seems to throw Mark off a bit and he loses connection with the offewnse. Brad Smith is a fine athlete, but more times than not, when he comes in, the defense knows he's running the ball. It's a play of deception that fools no one. I say get rid of it. As for Sanchez, he seems to do better with a)two minute offense and b) whe nhe's rolling out. So why not have more plays that use his athleticism.

I agree with everyone, Hunter is worthless. Play Ducasse...he can't b much worse. The chickens are coming home with regard to the offensive line. Althoiugh Faneca cost too much, no one has really stepped up and replace him adequately.

As much as I would love to see this team make the playoffs,I would rather nhave a higher draft pick. Offensive line and safety are my two biggest concerns,as well as p[ass-rusher.

13. truthbtold

I've been banging my head against the wall in here.
    I advise you to just give up.
    It seems that the dropped passes, INT's, penalties and bad throws have little to do with our struggles. Apparently, if we just had better plays to work with we'd be scoring 35 points a game.

14. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

How does anybody sit there defending anybody in charge of this offense? Whether its Sanchez, Rex or Schotty - we need to make a Freaking change and we needed to make it at halftime of this game. Rex should have either benched Schotty and taken over the playcalling or benched Sanchez. But to do nothing at all was just pathetic by Rex.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Why didn't we pitch the ball ONCE!!!!!?

The Dolphins knew exactly where we running every play. RIGHT UP THE MIDDLE. If we had did one pitch we could have fooled the entire defense and it would have went big. Not a single damn pitch.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

We did, first play of the game was a pitch for -1. Any more theories?

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

o well my bad, my stream didn't start until like 5 minutes into the game. We should have done another though later in the game.

18. grayburn

grayburn Member

Don’t ever question schotty's playcalling!

19. MK1

MK1 Member

20. 624

624 Banned

See soxxx's next thread for soxxx's next soxxx theory.