Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Sanchez could show some emotion like Brady does and wipe the stupid face he makes off. Forget the body language fine. Brady gets fired up while Sanchez plods along.

2. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

The offense scored 6 points in 8 quarters. Now you can either A: fire the entire offense or B: Replace the offensive coordinator. Take your pick. :drunk:

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Schotty this ... Schotty that ... blah blah blah. Its all bullshit.
    I'll say it until I'm blue in the face ...

Playcalling is not the problem people. Yes there are calls you can always question in every game but that's not the problem. The problem is execution!

Its next to IMPOSSIBLE to keep drives going when your QB only completes 50% of his passes --- and actually, FAR LESS than that today. It's that simple and that's really all there is to it.

If you can't complete most of your passes, then you either score on big, quick strikes down the field or you don't score at all.
    I saw us thow enough passes downfield today ... but 90% of them sucked.
    And if you can't complete 65% of your short passes you can forget about keeping the chains moving and scoring from inside the red zone.

Sanchez has been GOD AWFUL lately and you can't win when your QB is playing like that. I don't care what play you call if your QB can't hit a receiver on the goddamn numbers from 10 yards away.

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

OK, so to continue on with this line of logic:

Schottenheimer's inner monologue:

"Mark is having a terrible day throwing the ball, he's only completed 50% of his passes. What should I do?"

/Thinks
    /Gets headache

"I know, I'll run another passing play!"

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Stop calling routes over the middle where 4 guys in the box are standing, but it falls on both.

Sent from my HTC Dream using Tapatalk

6. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

Fire him nowwwwww!!!

7. truthbtold

You don't seem to get it ... Its not about Schottenheimer. Its about Sanchez... PLAY BETTER!!!
    The play is called ... the reciever is open ... complete the damn pass.
    If the QB can't get it done, its not the OC's fault...
    He's got his own job to do, and the QB needs to do his job.
    Or maybe we should just punt on first down from now on.

And BTW ... were you seeing gaping holes being created in the running game that nobody else can see???

#1107 truthbtold, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

These geniuses think connecting 3rd and 20 pass is very easy. Completion ratio? Look at the game first and foremost. Is it THAT hard to find 4-5 yard completion on 1st down? How about finding another on the next down? Oh, right. Jets do not run on 3rd and short. They call shotgun.

Keep bending over for that glorified QB coach that is Schottenheimer.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

who do you think coaches and prepares those guys to play as poorly as they have?

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

3 homes games with no TDs. 2 of which with extra time to prepare.

Get the fuck out of my city.

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Get him OUT OF NEW YORK! I feel bad for any team that hires this guy as there Head Coach

12. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

The point is Sanchez can't complete plays because those plays have been drawn up by an 8yrs old moron who is an OC because his father was a famous HC.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Today was it for me. Ive defended Schotty a lot but its becoming clear that he should not be our OC. I kind of liked him in HK too and thought he would make strides this year but his inability to adjust to games is mindboggeling.

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I can't believe people are still trying to defend this bozo. A good OC puts his players in position to succeed. Shittenheimer does no such thing.

How is the running game supposed to succeed when he runs on EVERY SINGLE first down against a 9 or 10 man front? How are they supposed to succeed when he doesn't change anything up and it's been the same garbage week after week after week after week. How about mixing it up a little, try a play action from time to time on first down since the defense is clearly always expecting a run. How is Sanchez supposed to succeed when he's constantly put into 3rd and long situations after the runs on 1st and 2nd down fail? How about running the same plays week after week that the defenses have clearly caught up to? It is ridiculous.

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

He's completely unable to identify weaknesses in a defense and exploit them.

16. truthbtold

I'm not saying I disagree with you, and I'm not saying we have an offensive genius as out OC ... but I am saying this ---

At some point it comes down to helmet on helmet and the QB and his cast being able to execute and make a damn play. You watched the game ... how many times did Sanchez miss wide open guys by 5 yards??? How many times were guys reaching up, down and behind them trying to make a catch??? And how many times did guys drop passes that actually managed to hit them in the hands??

None of that is on the OC. It's 80% on the QB and the OL.
    The guys on this offense were all were high draft picks. If I'm the playcaller, when I send the plays in I would expect them to be able to play better than this. Wouldn't you???

17. CatoTheElder

No but I did see Santonio Holmes, Jerricho Cotchery, Dustin Keller and Ladanian Tomlinson all drop passes that were right in their hands. But I guess that Sanchez should have blah blah blah shut the fuck up.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Actually, he does that well.

Only, he does it the other way around. If pass defense is suspect but run defense is built around the rock, Schotty will draw up a gameplan that revolves around crashing his RBs against that rock. etc etc.

19. CatoTheElder

If you cannot make a catch on a ball that is above below, or behind your hands then you don't belong in the NFL.

Santonio in the endzone for the tie. Tomlinson on a swing pass. Cotchery multiple times. Keller even more.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So now the blame shifts to the QB. Fantastic.

Cue up next, the instability at QB position. That's how classic Schotty defense is organized.

And how about Sanchez not getting plays before 25 seconds on the play clock? He ALWAYS breaks the huddle very late, making the last second adjustment extremely difficult. Does THAT fall on the shoulder of Sanchez too?