Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I've said it before the difference between a good offensive coordinator and a bad offensive coordinator rests in being confident or being overconfident. The overconfident coordinator has no sense of what he can do and their for runs a retarded game plan thinking he can get away with everything. That is Schottys problem. He thinks he can just roll the dice and get away with everything because he has talented players. He has no clue what he is doing

Look Sanchez did not have a great game, even without the drops, but how can you expect him to be good if he has such a shitty offensive coordinator

2. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

I know right. The Jets are the only team in the world who have ever run on 4th and short.

3. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

and what receiver is that. the one that is double teamed or the other one running a 4 yard route on 3rd & 5. Sanchez has his flaws but Schotty has no freaking clue. The D played lights out and we lost so it comes back once again to the O & Schotty. The Jets have lost 4 games in which they scored 18 points total. Thats 4.50 pts per lost.

4. SettlerDawg

You blame the offense's problems on the OC being overconfident? Do you watch the games?

5. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I'm extremely tired of seeing 3rd down routes that don't go past the marker.

6. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

No it is not - do it now. This team is done and any hopes of a playoff run are over as well.

The only chance for this season is to fire Schitty and possibly wake the O up by letting Callahan call the plays. Most likely it will make no difference as I think even worse than his play calling is Schitty's actual playbook/system whatever you want to call it.

Time for Rex to man up and take this situation by the balls.

Hire McDaniels now before anyone else.

7. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

this thread should be stickied as dumbass thread of the season.

badger hit the nail on the head.

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Any receiver past the first down marker you stupid ass.

9. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Its never too late. Fire his ass monday morning and the O puts up 20+ plus next week.

10. Wizard Of Odds

Wizard Of Odds New Member

I think Favre had a certain amount of success here (before the injury) because he had the ability to tell Schotty to shut the hell up.

11. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

This, this, and this....

even if there is only one receiver running underneath, Mark will always find him, like a fucking magnet. Don't even give him the option!!!

12. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

No I wanted Greene to get the ball or even T-Rich.......on a simple running pattern. Not one of these cutesy crap where our RB is 5 yards away from the LOS. The Phins D is all about penetration especially on 4th and 1 where they expect run. Its borderline suicide to try something that stupid and silly.

Seriously its not hard to let your bowling ball RB go on a normal run play and ask for 1 yard.

13. Wizard Of Odds

Wizard Of Odds New Member

The fact remains that after years of being the Jets offensive coordinator he does not have this offense ready to win it's battle in the trenches. He does not have them ready to win a straight match up type of game. He instead resorts to cutesy plays. This all comes back to basics, and this OC has not instilled those basics in this training program.

14. SettlerDawg

I'm just gonna put this here:

- The O-line was mediocre again. Mangold was getting pushed around. Hunter sucked.
    - The receivers dropped some critical passes. Holmes, Keller, Cotchery...
    - Hartsock called for 2 huge penalties
    - Sanchez was terrible. He threw many passes that were off the mark. Some of his passes were 5 yards away from his intended target. He had a unforced fumble where the ball slipped out of his hands. He even couldn't throw a simple screen pass on target (the one to Keller). This could of been his worst game as a Jet even though he only had 1 pick (Buffalo last year was probably worse).

We had some stale play-calling today, that's what happens when you try to establish the run. But guys were getting open. Schotty should of used Greene exclusively as LT would go down with only a little contact. The 3rd and 5th play where Sanchez threw it short: he was throwing to his 2nd option because the inside route (probably a slant) was covered.

IMO, the blame should be:
    25% on Sanchez
    25% on the receivers
    25% on the coaching (play selection, preparation, and penalties)
    25% on the Oline.

It's a collection of fail. Firing Schotty won't change anything.

15. SettlerDawg

Brad Smith handed the ball off to Greene. I don't think it gets simpler. Sure, there was motioning by a wide receiver, but the play itself is a simple handoff. The O-line couldn't get a push. Simple as that

16. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Schottenhiemer sucks donkey dick.

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

But if someone doesn't run a 2 yard drag on 3rd and 4 then everybody will be 35 yards down the field!!!11!11!!1! 7-12 yard routes are illegal!!11!!1SH1FT!

18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

My problem is having Greene 5 yards back though. I dont get the point of it. Your setting the RB up to get yards for loss on the play.

You can even have a Brad Smith QB sneak and I would not even be upset. Shoot that might've even been the best thing to do if Schottenheimer is so adamant on getting Smith involved in a play.

19. yeayo

yeayo New Member

Schotty should just rename the wild cat play to fucking Brad Smith will run the ball. That alone is an example of how stale and predictable this offense is.

20. SettlerDawg

I see what you mean. I think the formation was essentially a pistol formation which put Greene 5 yards back further. Still, the O-line got no push. I don't think having Greene 5 yards closer would have made a difference