Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. tubby

tubby Active Member

run, 7 step drop, short pass that isn't long enough, punt

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I don't think there is anything left to doubt any longer. he truly is terrible. I don't even know what we are trying to establish from play to play.

are we a running team trying to set up the pass? passing team trying to set up the run? there simply is no plan to what we are doing from what I can see.

3. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I think the threadstarter is in the witness protection program.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

So did Pennington and Favre.. the year after they left him they both had MVP calibre seasons. The guy is a complete and total joke. Pathetic.

5. 624

624 Banned

Our offense was shit but we still should have won this game..Santonio has to make that catch.

6. I wouldn't mind it if it was unpredictable. But he's not establishing anything AND he's predictable. That's just an awful combination.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

The offense has no identity.. no rhyme or reason to anything they try to do. It's just like a big clusterfuck where Shittenheimer throws a bunch of garbage against the wall and hopes something sticks.

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Its bad play calling and the Sanchez piling it on with horrid play. This Offense does not believe in Schotty, you can see it in their eyes. They are consistently put in 3rd and medium or long. two running plays then passing play. Teams don't really blitz us on 3rd down. They drop everyone into coverage and the is no place to throw the ball. Teams do not play man against us, They play zone. Sanchez could also choose not to throw into triple and double coverage, but he doesnt usually get a good matchup.

9. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

the Jets will finish 10-6 because of him. Yeah Sanchez had a bad day but there were so many drops and bad routes that it has to fall back on Schotty. How can you call for a route to be ran three yards short on 3rd & 5. Even my 7 year old asks why are we calling these plays. All I could tell him was welcome to being a Jet fan.

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Schottenheimer has to go. I'm sick of seeing two WRs running routes right next to each other, I'm sick of TEs running drag routes 3 yards shy of the first down marker on 3rd down and I'm sick of all of our WRs running deep with only one option shallow or intermediate.

It's like he thinks he can recreate Spurrier's Florida spread without realizing that there is an actual NFL defense on the other side of the ball and that those guys can actually cover WRs past ten yards.

11. Double Zero

Double Zero Member

We have 2 versions of the offense:

First down - Off-tackle run, 2 yards
    Second down (8 to go) - Incomplete pass, 0 yards
    Third down (8 to go) - 5 yard pass play
    Fourth (4 to go) - Punt

OR we can mix it up:
    First down - Incomplete pass, 0 yards
    Second down - Off-tackle run, 2 yards
    Third down (8 to go) - 5 yard pass play
    Fourth (4 to go) - Punt

That's it. I have game planned our offense for next week.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Sanchez has to recognize that as well and find the receiver past the marker too.

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Everything is too predictable. Nothing changes. He's gotta go.

The only bad thing about him sucking so hard is that no team is going to hire him to be their Head Coach now. It would be great for him to completely bury another organization so we don't have to worry about them.

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I want the people defending Schottenheimer to have the balls to defend the 4th and 1 wildcat setup where he has Brad Smith up there and Shonn Greene like 4-5 yards back and then gives the handoff to Greene against a top 5 Run D expecting the run. No shit they will be stopped for a 2 yard loss.

THERE IS NO WAY that gets called. How the hell does that even get allowed by the damn head coach?

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

wildcat Smith up the middle, 2 yrds.

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

It really is mind boggling at this point, that we ALL see this shit and he doesn't.

17. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

all of the jets losses have come when the offense shits the bed...sure some of the fault belongs to Sanchez, but in my opinion, most of it falls on schotty...its to late to fire him this season...but next season it needs to be done...

18. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Check out the game thread.

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Because he designed it so clearly it's genius.

20. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

I remember a few games back three times on third and ten he has Sanchez throw a five yard pass three times. Never mind that they didn't pick the first down. He just keeps calling the same stupid play.