Week in & Week out it's the same d@# plays!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Dec 6, 2010.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I MISS KELLER!!

After tearing a new asshole in the Pats D in week 2, we targeted him 4 times, 3 of them for catches...

How does a professional OC not recognize this prior/during and have a multitude of designed plays to get Keller the damn ball.

Since Holmes came into the mix, Schotty forgot that Keller was a top 2 TE in the league in yards and TD's.

2. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

The Jets have a professional OC?

3. MadBacker Prime

Checkmate-
    lol

4. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

We were actually having decent success running the ball, except on the 3rd down, when it seemed as though NE knew exactly what was coming.

5. MadBacker Prime

When we needed a 1st, Braylon would drop it. Ever since those 2 deep balls he looks nervous again.

I know passes to others were a little off, but these guys get paid millions to do one thing, catch the ball.

The playbook seemed very dialed down, looked like the Ravens game again. makes sense when playing the leagues worst defense. [sarcasm]

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He was a target on a few plays but couldn't get open enough. The LB was right on him with safety help over the top.

7. Gunther

Gunther Member

Braylon should have at least 60 receptions by now. How can Santonio playing less games have more receptions than Braylon? He should be fed the ball like Matt Ryan does with Roddy White. They were in the same draft class as well. Roddy White is not better than Braylon.

8. yankeeswin84

yankeeswin84 New Member

I think the need for a good OC is vital and Schotty just isn't that guy. As much as you can't let Rex off the hook because he is the Head Coach, he is a defensive minded guy. And with a young promising QB an OC who can really run the offense is a must. As much as I think McDaniel's is kind of a douche it's a great idea to bring in him as an OC.

9. MadBacker Prime

He was targeted 4 times, the problem is designed plays and he was most certainly open on some others.

Earlier in the year, he was a focal point because he's a matchup nightmare so plays were designed for him.

Like his first 2 catches those plays were designed to go right to Keller, we need more of that.

10. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

Keller and Braylon is always a mismatch one on one. Thing is they are rarely exploited, even if they're covered they can definitely make a play.

Great OCs recognize and try to create mismatches whenever possible. Split LT out intelligently like most teams do with their quick rb's, open it up for someone else.

Sanchez is going to be behind the curve because honestly Schottenheimer has no real knowledge about the passing game.

Brett Favre's season with Minnesota definitely proved that, if anything.

I mean I watch the Cowboys play, and they always exploit the mismatches, they isolate the corner/safety on one of their receivers / TE then bam, they attack it immediately. You will end up seeing a linebacker or someone gets mixed up on someone their not supposed to.

Sanchez has been coached to only throw to the open guy or something, or to make safe throws. Honestly he can never grow properly that way.

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Today is the day wherei told you so takes effect

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I hate it when he tells Sanchez to throw the ball into the defenders hands. I also hate it when he tells Hartstock to rip someones facemask off. Stupid play calling right there.

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Stop this nonsense, you are nitpicking. The offense in general can't execute. This falls on the offensive coordinator.

14. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

brad smith fake draw

/thread

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The OC becomes the fall guy for it. Sanchez is the one making awful throws and the rest of the guys aren't helping. When you have a guy commit a 15 yard penalty to start a drive you are sunk before you even set sail.

16. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

It's not nitpicking.

Sanchez is self-destructing in front of our eyes--at a certain point the playcalling won't make a difference if the QB can't make simple reads.

17. pdpullmn612

pdpullmn612 New Member

I don't know if Shotty realizes that he isn't fooling anyone putting brad smith in at qb. The only way that will be effective again is if they let smith throw...that would really catch defenses off guard.

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

So what do we do, get rid of him?

19. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

No, we keep doing what we're doing--coaching him and trying to make him better.

But let's be realistic, there are 12 minutes to go in the 2nd and Sanchez could easily have 3 interceptions. At a certain point people have to be realistic about the fact that the problem is that the QB is playing like a college freshman, not an NFL starter.

If you wanna blame Schottenheimer for Sanchez taking a nosedive in the past 8 games, that's one thing. But don't pretend that his playcalling is the reason that the Jets are struggling--it comes down to execution.

20. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Sanchez will go the way of Obrien, he is an interception machine. In two years we will be discussing what qb we draft in the 2nd/3rd rd to replace him.

I know everyone will jump on my back but if this guy ever leads us to a superbowl I will happily donate $1000 to any charity agreed by TGG.

This team is loaded on offense can you imagine any of the 28 qbs that are better than him in the nfl with this talent