Question about the ticketexchange for season/psl holders

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by MexicanJet, Dec 7, 2010.

1. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

For those of you who have PSLs or season tickets, how do you sell them or give them to someone else?

Story: I was on the Jets facebook page, and a guy said he was giving away Dolphags tix for Sunday, and the first to email him was gonna win the tix. When I messaged him he said he sold them, but had Bills tix. My birthday is the day after on the 3rd (last home game of the season has been my bday gift for years) and this year was no diff and I was gonna get them. I gave him my e-mail and he sent me the tickets no cost.
    Seeing all of the problems with tickets and barcodes and shit, how legit are these tickets? He said he couldn't go and wished me a happy birthday. I printed them. I appreciate this to no end, but I wanna make sure these are good to use before I go on the 2nd nd have to leave. I'd cry..

2. TheSnake71

TheSnake71 Member

Did the email come from ticketmaster? Or did he forward it to you?

I have never done this with my Jets tickets (I always go) but I do sell NYR tickets from time to time on the ticketexchange. When you do that you generate an email directly from ticketmaster to the person you are sending to. Once that is done, the season ticket holder can not do anything else with them... can't generate new tickets I mean, and the hard copies are dead.

If he forwarded the pdf files to you himself I supposed he could have generated a new ticket after the fact... but that would be a pretty random/mean thing to do for absolutely no reason...

3. MexicanJet

The email he sent was forwarded to me. But the thing that gets me is if it was a scam, why wouldn't he charge me. Like he could have atleast made like 50 bucks or whatever. He messaged me that he had paid his psl, and everything should be fine, he said I could call the number given in the email. He also messaged me that he didn't charge me because he likes to do nice things, and wants to make the world a better place. It's a real married guy who is in the military. I mean the ticket print out looks like any other ticket i've ever printed out.
    I just don't want to go and be denied the day before my birthday especially since this was supposed to be my gift.

4. MexicanJet

5. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Why would somebody give you free tickets that won't scan. That would be the dumpest thing in the world. If you really want to make sure call the Jets ticket office and ask them if the account is all up to date. The account number and the account holders name is on the ticket. I am pretty sure you will be all good to go. I am pretty sure there isn't anybody on this forum that can tell you if the tickets are real or not. Good luck, and enjoy your b-day!!

6. MexicanJet

That's what I said, why would he scam me for free?

Thanks for the early bday wish, and the help, I appreciate it, like I do free tickets.!

Oh, what number do I call to see if the account is good?

7. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

(800) 469-5387

8. MexicanJet

Thank you!

9. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Maybe it's possible that you met one of the three decent, kind, people in this world.

Hard to believe, I know.

Pay it forward. Go to a strip club and give the hottest girl in the joint a $200 tip...

10. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Where are the seats? Upperdeck or lower level?

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Okay, relax. I am 99% sure these tix are legit if they have Ticketmaster mentioned anywhere in the email.

In "My Account," under "Manage Account," I have 3 options... SELL, PRINT or FORWARD. I can PRINT them if I have lost my original hard copies, I can SELL them on TicketBastards and I can FORWARD by email. It sounds like this is exactly what the guy did. If he Forwarded by emial, TicketBastards stands behind the acceptability of the tix. The owner never touched them as this was all done internally by TicketBastards.

Go to the game and stop sweating it. Your very worst nightmare/worse case scenario is that you wind up with bogus tickets and you have to buy some at the last minute in the parking lot. Because of the weather and this latest 45-3 debacle, it looks like there are still plenty of tickets available to Sunday's game, which means you will be just about able to name your price in the parking lot to get in (maybe as low as $20 in the rain). But it's not going to come to that. Just go and enjoy yourself and stop agonizing over it.

12. MexicanJet

Lower level, sec 104.

13. TheSnake71

TheSnake71 Member

Ha! You'll even be sitting in my section...

Yah like everyone else said, if the email had a ticketmaster address I'm 99.9% sure that you'll be just fine. I wouldnt sweat it.

I've given away preseason tickets to NYR games before to strangers... but never a regular season game. That was very nice... it does happen tho.

Just a few weeks ago I was at MSG for a Rangers game and my wife was in the city. She was going to wait for me to commute home together... all of a sudden she shows up at my seats. Turns out someone outside the garden was on their way out (mid second period) and had an extra ticket they didnt use... they just gave it to her for nothing. Pretty cool...

14. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Um, not to alarm you, but didn't the Jets ticket office supposedly "freeze" all the PSL-ticket holders who haven't sent in their PSL payments?

Normally, if they were upper levels, I wouldn't worry about it. But, if they're PSL tickets, I would verify with the Jets ticket offices to make sure the tickets are good.

UNLESS, the fact that he's able to forward these tickets is a clear indicator that his account is active and paid up to date, then, yeah, I wouldn't worry about it.

15. MexicanJet

Yea from being on the boards, I asked him that, and he said he paid them. But then, I thought the same thing, if he does have access to the account, they should be fine..