Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

SO Schotty gets no blame? None?

The gameplan he setup was absolute shit. 4 Targets to Keller?? 4

Keller who scorched them week 2, oh and BTW caught 3 of the 4 for nearly a 10 yard average.

Week 2 he was targeted 9 times.

Monday, Braylon who was having issues was targeted 7 times, caught 2 of them. Schotty needs to mix it up, create plays for Keller like he was and that will open up our receivers more, followed by the run game.

#981 MadBacker Prime, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

And....at 2nd 8 from the 10, with the game 24-3 in the middle of the third qtr and Edwards lined up outside on a smaller DB, with 9 MEN IN THE BOX what does he call?

A fade.....No.

A Post Pattern into the teeth of the defense.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

See above. 24-3...it was about to be a game.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Actually, yeah. I was expecting TD from fade - then went #()@$))%*$)*@*$*(%@*()$)(@*%*)(@$()*@% )(@%)()($#@ after the INT.

Brilliance, man. Sheer brilliance.

It still baffles me how he gets this kind of loyal supporters over his body of work (as known as clusterfuck) - did he bend over for those people or what?

5. LTrules

LTrules Banned

In week two, Santonio was suspended, so Keller had more looks. I am not a football coach, but with Edwards and Holmes here, Keller is likely the 3rd option and as we see Sanchez is not quite ready to go to his 3rd read quite yet? Right? I think you can blame Schottie somewhat but not entirely? I actually like his playcalls for the season. We are 9-3?

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Oh hey Brian, nice of you to come post on this forum! Stop fucking up our offense so much. Thanks!

We all know the D played like crap. That doesn't absolve Shittenheimer and the nonsense he has pulled with this offense since week 1. Week 1 of 2006 actually. Does anybody think it's a coincidence that Shotty scripts the first series of every game beforehand and that the offense has not scored a TD in the 1st quarter of a game since week 4 vs. the Bills? That isn't alarming to anybody else?? The guy can't game plan for shit, can't prepare for other teams, can't expose weaknesses, and the playcalling has no rhyme or reason to it.

7. LTrules

LTrules Banned

How about the comeback vs. Houston? Was he sick that day?

8. MadBacker Prime

exaclty my point!!

Keller has been overlooked since Holmes arrived week 5, Keller was a league leading receiver up to that point.

Keller is a matchup nightmare, and when teams are forced to deal with him other areas of the offense are opened up.

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

You mean the game they failed to take advantage of Houston's last ranked pass defense all game and put themselves in a position where they had to come back and basically make a miracle play to Edwards?

Or how about when they couldn't take advantage of Cincy's secondary featuring almost all backups? When was the last time the Jets came into a game and you said "wow, they really have the perfect game plan today on offense"? Never? They never get off to fast starts and never take advantage of an opponent's weaknesses.

10. LTrules

LTrules Banned

Its Holmes' fault I knew it!!!!!!!!! KIDDING

11. LTrules

LTrules Banned

Our QB is Sanchez, not Peyton Manning....running the ball is our strength. Again we are 9-3 and the discussion is to fire the O coordinator? REALLY? Let go of the panic button. Did NE fire Bill B. after Cleveland spanked them? Its one game. Schottie has a young QB he is coaching, how many 2nd year QBs are awesome? Seriously. 9-3 with Sanchez behind center is commendable.

12. MadBacker Prime

Schotty is notorious for being a non-QB coach.

Favre had 0 300+ yard passing games under him, than the next year Favre has seven.

With all the weapons we have we could easily be a passing team. Orton and the Broncos were leading the league in passing and they don't have anything close to the weapons we have.

Any other OC would recognize this and kill weak secondaries with it.

13. LTrules

LTrules Banned

You make sense, but can we really fire the OC when we are 9-3? IDK?

I do think we have a great team to run the ball and then go to play action?

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I guess I am just not of the belief that we are 9-3 strictly because Brian Schottenheimer is a wizard of an offensive coordinator. The offense has been at it's best when they are in 2 minute situations when Sanchez takes control of the offense and calls the plays at the line.

And yeah it's a fair comparison to make between HEAD COACH Bill Belicheck, who has won 3 Super Bowls, and OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR Brian Schottenheimer who has never won anything, whose offenses are consistently below average, and who hadn't had a 300 yard passer in almost 4 years.

Do you think it's a coincidence they start slow every game when those are the plays that the "genius" has drawn up and ready to go prior to the game? Do you think it's a coincidence that every time he has extra time to prepare for a game they have come out and scored 9, 0, and 3 points this year?

15. steves850

steves850 Active Member

No we don't fire Schotty while we're 9-3 but anything less than the Super Bowl leads to his termination.. At least I hope.

16. LTrules

LTrules Banned

We'll see how they adjust vs. the Fins, I guess? Funny, NE got rid of all coaches last year and Bill B. is the HC and the OC and DC, maybe Rex does the same thing? LOL

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

History sure does change over time.

The entire organization, including Schotty, bent over backwards to accommodate lord Favre. They ran the offense Favre wanted to run and were 8-3 that year until Favre got hurt and literally threw the season away.

Your right about being a top offense, this unit should be a top offense if only they had a QB that had any consistency. I know you and a lot of other guys are smart. I know this because I distinctly remember reading threads in August about what we should expect from Sanchez this year and most of the predictions were worse or right in line with what he has done from what I remember. It baffles me that we can have realistic expectations of the QB position while having unrealistic expectations for the offense as a whole.

Give him the flak that he deserves but expecting him to work magic with a second year QB running the show is ridiculous.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Is the Jets 9-3 because of Schotty? I think so. They could have bee 10-2 for all I care. Dom Capers or not, 0 points at home cannot be justified under any circumstances, especially with the talents that Jets have.

Do the Jets have their record because of Schotty or in spite of Schotty? I'd be betting on "in spite of" column - any day during the week, and twice on Sundays.

19. MadBacker Prime

Those dramatic comeback wins, Sanchez and Holmes were calling plays. lol

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Exactly. The Jets have too much talent, whether it's running the ball or passing, to come out and be totally unable to exploit another team's weaknesses. It's like the Bills game last year.. they had the worst run D in the NFL so Shotty thought it would be a nice move to come out throwing the ball all over the field even though Sanchez was having the worst game of his career.

It seems like he is more interested in drawing up gameplans and plays that will make him look like a genius, like he is outsmarting everyone, than he is with just lining up and taking advantage of the defense's weakness.

And no, I don't think firing him now would be beneficial, nor would it ever happen. But after the season, I would fully support his firing. It just seems so unnecessary to go into every game with the same stupid plays, the trickery, the pointless pre-snap motion..