Week in & Week out it's the same d@# plays!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I sit in the ENDzone Mezzanine and I can tell you 1st hand that we are running the same group of plays over and over.
    It's only a matter of time before a good team takes Shotty and shows how retarded he is.

1 thing that I notice is that we NEVER use the Middle of the field past 10 yards....
    There are NO post pattern, Digs or in routes in the Middle of the Field past 10 yards.
    AOMOF, the 1 time we did, we won a game in OT in Detroit!!!

Seems 70% of our WR routes are from the numbers OUTWARDS.
    Also, they are the same 3 routes:
    -Stop Route
    -Out Route
    -Slant

That's fine until it becomes way too predictable.
    In Cleveland, we ran 1 Slant route earlier in the game and didn't run it again til the Holmes TD.

I just don't understand how a OC can watch game film or call the same plays over and over without taking his finger out of his ass and realizing....
    They see what you're doing!!

2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

In summary, Schottenheimer sucks.

3. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

schotty can get you to the wildcard playoffs. can't win the big one. not with this same old vanilla lets go into a shell bull shit offense

4. Royal Tee

Then, he comes out of the half with all these plays that work.

WTF was he doing? Saving the plays for later?

Unreal..

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Schotty is fucking terrible.

Maybe Josh McDaniels can come here and coordinate this offense.....hell....he made a football player out of K.Orton, minus a run game.

6. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

McDaniels should definitely be the offensive coordinator here no doubt

he is a great QB coach and his track record with Brady / Orton shows up big time.

even getting the most of guys like Brandon Lloyd and Jabar Gaffney

bring him here and he'll show a real passing threat.

I mean you come into the season with one of the best o-lines, the receivers (including TEs) we got, and RBs we got, and come up short against elite defenses over and over, its just frankly disapointing.

I don't think Shottenheimer is that bad, but McDaniels makes too much sense and will certainly bring along Sanchez a long way

7. Royal Tee

IMO, Shotty is holding Mark back....but that's just me.

8. Royal Tee

Thank You!
    I've been saying this shit for weeks and glad someone with a fukin clue mentioned it.

9. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I am done with these inept Wild Cat plays. Every time Brad Smith trots in for a snap it's just another meager gain.

I'm all for trick plays, but, they should catch the other team off guard and not play right into their hands.

10. Royal Tee

Yep, It seems like the Wildcat/Seminole/Tigercat/Thundercat/Pussycat has become just like the rest of our playbook...pretty predictable.

11. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

The offense is beyond predictable. Has been for some time now.

If I, an average fan, can figure Shotty's s*** out, then Belichick and others already have the keys to the car. Which is partly why last night we got taken for a ride.

12. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I agree...everything is outside the numbers. the only way they have YAC is on a slant or if someone misses a tackle on a sideline throw like with Edwards last night.

The Pats had a huge chunk of YAC last night and the Jets had what - 40 yards maybe?

Keller is still invisible most of the game, not one screen pass to LT last night either.

The Pats kept bringing up their LBs and basically asking Sanchez to beat them over the middles.

13. FlightBoys

FlightBoys Member

As for the Smith plays, I believe Shotty should let him throw the ball since he did have over 8000 yards throwing in college. Give him a chance to make a big play, and if it doesnt work it doesnt work.

14. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I keep waiting for this...even if he just launches it out of bounds it makes teams think about it.

At least we aren't run, run, pass anymore

15. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Royal you sir are correct. Can we have a poll petition. Fire schotty or not to fire Scotty

16. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Why are we bringing in McDaniels when we have Calli on the sidelines? Let him run the O.

Brad Smith throwing is a good option but it needs to be when Sanchez is in the clear for a catch. We don't need Mark getting smothered after a catch and dislocating his shoulder.

We have bigger issues with our secondary down to 2 healthy safeties.

11-5, WC win over KC/Jax; Loss to Pats in Div round... *sigh

17. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

I've been saying this week after week. WTF PUT THEM TO GOOD USE!!!

18. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

It just somehow seems that our WRs are rarely open. Harder to see on TV, but watching the games in person at the NMS when you can look downfield, so so so many times even when Sanchez has time NO ONE is open.

Considering the talent we have at WR, this is a damning indictment that (1) the plays we have in our book just suck and/or (2) we run the same plays all the time and they are completely predictable and easy to cover.

Contrast to Brady last night. If he had two seconds to throw, he finds an open guy. He wasn't making amazingly difficult throws. There were just open guys all the time.

19. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Our offense is way too predictable. During the week Belichick must have sat down with his team and watched videos of probably every one of our games. Doesn't matter if the Pats defense is one of the worst in the league. If they know your offensive game plan it doesn't mean shit. Same goes for our defense.
    Bottom line is this game was a loss due to our coaching staff. The pats came PREPARED and knew what to expect from us.

20. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Schotty's problem is he doesn't seem to be able to adjust to a players skill set. For example, how long did it take him to figure out how to use Brad Smith? Keller is supposed to cause match-up problems yet he never does. Woodhead was on the roster for how many years and we couldn't figure out how to use him but after 2 weeks in N.E. they figured it out and he's lighting up the league.

Shotty runs 6 plays out of dozens of formations and personnel packages. He tries to fit every player into his scheme and rarely tries to scheme to what the players are best at. I find this just so frustrating. 3 points against the 30th ranked D in the league? This is unacceptable.

#20 jixxjr, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010