2010 Mike Fatcesa Thread (Jets related only) Admits he is anti-Jets on 8/10/10

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian McFan

Brian McFan Member

Thank you. That's it, exactly!

2. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Listening to Fatcessa (for the first time in awhile) and he said nothing out of line and was right on target with his critique. And the fucking 85 Bears? Whatever he ment, why bring that up for any reason after you just got your face kicked in? Shut up and get into the projection room and get to fucking work. Fatcessa is right - this guy doesn't seem to get it. SHUT UP AND WIN SOMETHING!

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I get the point of the comparison but the point is there was no need for it. I love Rex and usually I don't have a problem with how he carries himself, win or lose, but really there's no need to be defensive/aggressive all the time.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yeah, seriously. I'm sorry Rex, but the last thing people want to here come out of your mouth after an embarrassing performance like last night is how your team can bounce back from their disastrous loss just like the 85 Bears bounced back from their disastrous loss because your team doesn't come close to resembling the 85 bears.

5. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

it's not about what he says and whether it's right or wrong. the point is the unfairness he has showed toward the jet franchise since mid season of last year. i'm not going to go over it for the 1,000th time. he's completely unfair to the jets when they have success. he mocked them all playoffs last year. everything was luck. mocking the missed FG's and calling it great jet field goal defense.

you think we're just hurt jet fans? the jet organization shut this guy down. he got the first interview with rex when he was hired. he used to go to jet training camp and interview players after practice. now he gets NO ONE. not one jet guest in the last year. the jets completely cut ties with him because of what he pulled last year. he doesn't act fairly to the team, he doesn't deserve to get jet guests.

6. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

If he changes now... What kind of message does he send to his team?

He can't stop now, or his team will lose all hope.

The problem is, he should have shut up from day 1, and just played football.

If you win it all, then say I told you so.

Running your mouth all year long, is not how you do it.

Seize the moment when it's necessary and deliver!

That's how a real leader does it!

See: Messier, Ali, Reed, Ruth, Namath!

#3686 Jaded Green, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  7. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

This is textbook Francessa reading way between the lines and going on a rant based on shit that was never said.

Rex was very humbled last night. He didn't compare the Jets defense to the 85 Bears. He compared getting your ass kicked on Monday night late in the season and going on to win it all.

Why bring up the Bears of all teams? 3 guesses...

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It has nothing to do with changing who he is. He can still be confident in the team without bringing up an asinine comparison. I understand the point he was making and in the end it doesn't matter that he said what he did but to us as fans it's annoying hearing that after getting wiped out like that. The 85 Bears are one of the best defenses of all time. This Jets defense isn't even in discussions for best defense in 2010.

9. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

Absolutely right. Rex has not even talked that big this year and Francessa acts like he's trash talking all day long.

10. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

3 guesses as to why he did not bring up the '86 Jets, who also got their asses kicked Monday night late in the season.

11. The Mak

The Mak New Member

[​IMG]

;)

12. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

He has been making asinine comments since day one, that's who he is.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Mike just got put in his place. It is true that all he does is talk about the Jets when they lose but when the Jets win he talks baseball for 3 hours.

14. The Mak

The Mak New Member

<3 Eddie from Brooklyn

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Eddie sounded like he was going to cry.

16. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

He cut the guy off and blamed it on his bad connection lol

I cut him awf becawse I couldn't heah him!

17. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I don't see what the problem is about the 86 bears reference. Part of Rex's job is to make sure these guys believe in themselves. You need to show them this isn't the end of the world and that's what the reference does. If I were him I'm telling Sanchez today that Peyton manning just threw 11 picks in 3 games so he can see this shit happens to good quarterbacks and you just have to work to get better. That doesn't mean I think Sanchez is comparable to Peyton.

You can't take francessa seriously because his hatred of the jets is clear. When he's unbiased he makes good points but clearly he is not objective with the jets

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Doesn't the fat douche or anyone on here know who ran the 85 Bears' defense??? You don't think that just MAYBE they spoke after the game and Buddy might have said something like "don't get down son ... in 85 my defense took a bad asswhipping on MNF but we regrouped and won the Superbowl" ????

That's the only point Rex was making. He never said the Jets were at the level of the 85 Bears and to say that he was implying that is ridiculous. Destroy him for the way he coached last night ... but making a big deal over this "comparison" is assinine.

19. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

did the caller really say that? it couldn't be more true. had the jets won last night it was jets for an hour maybe 2 hours at most. then it would be all baseball. i think the jeter press conference is today so he might have to cut into it like he said so yesterday but there's no doubt he'll go right back into the jets when it's over.

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

On another notes.

He's said that he doesn't blame Sanchez. Sanchez is young so you can't blame him. Plus the game was over by the time he started throwing INTs.

Still maintains that the Jets have more talent than the Pats.

Still believes the Jets will bounce back.

I'm not a Francesa fan, but it's ridiculous how people in here twist what he says.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.