Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Maybe you guys are right, but I definitely expect them to try. Also, I think that you are selling both teams a bit short, miami in particular.

I think that with Bess, Hartline, Fasano, and their runningbacks they have the personnel to mimic our offense, whether they can execute remains to be seen.

Pitts O-line is definitely a weakness, and roethliberger's current lack of mobility doesn't help, but I haven't really seen much pressure from the jets regardless of who they have faced. I think that they underutilize Heath miller as a receiver, and would not be surprised to see him factor into that game.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Of course you can. Jets need to win right now, they can't afford to throw away the season because of one terrible coach. Pretty much anything would be better than Schottenheimer, Woody Johnson could do a better job. Let Sanchez call his own plays

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

They can mimic the routes as much they want to. It won't change the fact that Henne won't be beating the defense like Brady can. Brady was in complete command of the game from the beginning, changing to the right play almost every time and making the correct read every play.

Henne won't be switching out of plays like that and he has no chance of making the same reads that Brady can. Look at your team's offense. With any QB not named Brady or Manning that is a steaming pile of crap. With Brady it works to perfection because he always finds the open guy and throws them a pass to a spot that allows for tons of YAC.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

3 sacks last night, not too bad. This D has been musical chairs all year long especially in the secondary and losing Leonhard could not have come at a worse time.

I don't recall you being so arrogant after week 2. Series is tied the past 2 years, so lighten up.

Your team had a a bad game vs Cleveland, ours came against you. Give it up.

I have to start visiting other fan sites after we win, I'm not hopeless enough to go gloat after a win. I guess that week 2 loss stuck with the fans too.

We'll see you in the playoffs as long as you don't get knocked out early again.

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

That is so dead on.

The Steelers...with their great d...do not scare me in the least. Dont get me wrong..their defense is good enough to make this a great game and we could lose it by not scoring...again.

The Steelers cant put points on the board with that system against us.

Yep, last year it was the Colts that exposed us and this year its the Pats. With Rex system...and our lack of a quality safety and pass rush...not sure what changes would work next time.

We could have had 2 Revis's starting at CB and it wouldnt make a difference. The middle of the field is the Pats playground.

#925 jaywayne12, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  6. ukilledkenny

Hopefully with some actual game experience against this new, Brady driven, Pats offense will give the Jets and their staff a better feel on how to stop it. Other than that we know that the Pats offense isn't an unstoppable juggernaut even if our D made them look like it last night.

7. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I don't remember being a member before or after week 2 so that whole post was pretty much a waste of time

8. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I am not arguing that the miami offense is as good as ours, just that if the jets defense don't fix their problems they can steal elements from our gameplan and have success.

and BTW I think that Matt Cassel was pretty effective in our offense in 2008 and that is a QB who was afraid to throw the ball past the LOS for the better part of the season.

9. gopats88

gopats88 Member

and to all the haters, what have I said today that sounds remotely like gloating?

I am here simply trying to have the same X and Os, gameplan, strategy conversation as everyone else

10. jaywayne12

No offense is as good as what the Pats have shown..none. Just like Vick isnt God. Regardless of how you ran the ball a few times last night..your team will not survive with that defense and throwing the ball 75% of the time all the way to the Super Bowl.

You have this aire about your posts as if you can comment on who can do what because of what your team has done the past month. That changes on a dime. Miami's offense...please..give me a break.

11. jaywayne12

Reread your posts...all I see is how you have been kind enough to show a blueprint on who beats who.

12. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I am pointing out the things that I think are MOST CRITICAL for the jets to improve on.

If that is not welcome here then what would you like me to discuss? You guys just see a Pats fan and automatically assume he is making personal attacks against your team and trolling the forum.

13. gopats88

gopats88 Member

if you go back and read my posts, you will find that I am more optimistic and less critical of the Jets' Offense and Shottenheimer than most of you are

I just happen to be MORE critical about your defense

if that is me gloating, or if this conversation somehow doesn't belong in this thread, then tell me why

14. dd12dd

dd12dd New Member

Why do you think passes are forced and why do you think our receivers are never open? Our O cord does not know how to exploit a mismatch nor does he put our O in position to make any plays. Any reason for Greene not getting a bulk of the carries? He thrived in this situation last year, he's well rested and running hard. Schotty doesn't seem to have a gameplan at all. He attacks just about every D the same way. He never attacks a opposing defenses weakness.

15. mangoldman

mangoldman Member

exactly. this is the problem.
    after the favre situation the organization (woody, tannenbaum whatever) make an impulsive decision to draft sanchez , a guy who started only 16 games or something like that in college
    you have to blame schotty for not putting together a better gameplan to put recievers in positions to make plays.
    guys were not really open last night for the most part. and when they were sanchez throws some terribly inaccurate balls

we have a subpar qb who really will probably never be elite. and the rams draft a rookie who looks unbelievable. yea against bad defenses mostly but better than sanchez has ever been against a bad defense

#935 mangoldman, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  16. jaywayne12

I do not take you for a troll at all..not one bit. I just completely disagree with your logic of teams like the Steelers and the Dolphins copying the Pats system. Your system revolves around Brady. He is your system. Dissecting is a waste of time.

Just my personal opinion. Its annoying when a Pat fan wants to breakdown the success of their team when its #12 and #12 only.

17. jaywayne12

Then go to a defensive thread where you will see many Jet fans with blades on their wrists. I agree with you there.

18. ukilledkenny

you can't be serious with this. Sanchez was playing at a high level like 3 weeks ago and he will play at a high level again. Young QB's are inconsistent, deal with it.

19. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Today is after week 2 and you seem to be a member.

20. gopats88

gopats88 Member

It just seems to me that you are trying to take the easy way out by assuming that #12 is the only QB who can beat you like this. He may be the best at what he does, but to pretend that these problems can't hurt you in other matchups is like suppressing a bad experience from your memory because you don't want to think about it.