NFL Punch Line.....again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DeathByJets, Dec 7, 2010.

1. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

And all of this is perfectly fine. I empathize.

But, again, this is not my point. My point is SOJ doesn't exist. If you choose not to look around the league, suit yourself. But don't conjure up imaginary karmas to explain why our team loses games.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Misery loves company.

3. Denny

Denny Active Member

I like the swagger and the confidence and even Rex shooting off his mouth but last night justice was served.....Jets in the white trunks...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MMLIat7j4s&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

4. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Hahahaha I love it though.

5. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ha! That video is great and sums up last night's game perfectly.

6. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I don't really care if anyone is bashing me or not. I have a certain style of stating things that some people like and others don't. People can view it as self-loathing....I just view it as the emotion that this team evokes in me.

Part of the problem that draws the misery is I don't want the Jets to be content with being the Lions, Bills, Bengals, etc. What bugs me is that just when I think we have a chance of becoming the Steelers and Patriots, we show that we are really just another pretender.

I was cautiously optimistic about this team....but even when you try not to buy into the hype, hope starts to creep in and that's when these SOJ moments occur. I don't believe that SOJ is some sort of curse....it is just a description of how this team crumbles when expectations are highest. And this was just one more page in the story (but maybe the chapter will end with an unexpected twist....see damn hope is already starting to creep in).

7. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I've enjoyed being a Jets fan more in the past year and a half than I ever have before.

As a fan, the ultimate goal is a championship. But it's not the only thing to enjoy. We're a fucking good football team, and it looks like we will be for quite some time. I'll take that. Name your cliche- "it's the journey, not the destination," etc.

I'm hurting just like everyone on this board is hurting today. That was a heartbreaker last night. Shit happens. It's sports.

You know what I find funny about you, DBJ? LOST. You savored every second of LOST, despite the fact that the ending sucked balls. I watched LOST thinking "this whole show is a goddamn waste if the ending doesn't blow me away." I think you should approach Jets football the same way you did LOST. Stop complaining about the lousy ending and just enjoy the show.

(It's not the end, by the way.)

8. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I liked the end of LOST. The difference is that TV is scripted and sports isn't. Also, LOST only lasted 6 seasons....and every one was different and unpredictable. With the Jets it is the same story year-in-year out. I'd just, for once like to see them get through a season without a ridiculous late season loss. This one was a little different because I didn't expect them to win.....but I also didn't expect them to suck that badly.

I still love the Jets and will continue to enjoy watching the games (although there was nothing to enjoy last night). There will be more good times to enjoy this season, but this game pretty much convinces me that this season won't be the magic carpet ride all of us were hoping for.

9. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

As I said, I empathize - as a Jets fan, how can I not?

But to consider your emotions for your team as unique only to yourself or our fan base, is silly, IMO. Watch some of the NFL specials, "The Missing Rings". Some of the shots on those fans' faces will remind you that we are not the only fan base to be utterly crushed. Has it happened on more occasions than we would prefer? Absolutely. But that's just happenstance, not SOJ.

Anyway, take a little comfort in knowing tens-of-thousands of fans are feeling just a sick as you are (myself included). And then go rock your Jets gear proudly. :grin:

On to next Sunday, and a Phins cookout. :beer:

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

And here, I agree with much of what you're saying, but again, doesn't that really point to piss poor coaching, top to bottom?

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You keep saying SOJ in your original post, but going 12-4 and losing in the AFC Championship Game would be a pretty good season, honestly.

12. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

I'm not giving up on this team but the OP is right though. 100 %. We will never get respect at this point. We have to destroy Miami and pull out a win in Pittsburgh for us to regain any credibility.

13. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

I don't know how you cope with an unexpected AFCCG appearance followed by a 9-3 start.

14. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Hahaha....fucking awesome. So true.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha yeah and projecting another AFCCG appearance.

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

they better pull their fuckin head out of their asses. i dont even care about losing but that wasnt even a game.

the jets got sodomized with turkey basters filled with boiling chowder last night.

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

It gets so frustrating listening to so many SOJ'ers after every (a whopping 3 of them) loss.
    A despicable, pitiful performance by a good team. That's all I take from last night and I never expect to see anything like that again as long as Rex is the HC.

In fact ... I believe we'll be waking up on Monday Dec 20th tied for first place.

18. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

This isn't the same team as last year, injuries as well are starting to play a major factor. Last night's experience has to be the game changer. If nothing gets their attention it's that debacle. If they don't come out and crush the Dolphins, then I'm more concerned....and right now, I'm concerned. Last year, the team seemed to buckle down when they were desperate...they haven't played like that this year, instead of pulling it out in the last minute. This team has to now prove they can beat a team with a winning record....Pittsburgh and Chicago awaits....

19. FlightBoys

FlightBoys Member

I am not as much concerned over the loss, I am worried that the Jets wont be able to beat the Fins / Steelers. One loss by NE and the Jets are right back in it for the division, and they are ahead by 3 in the WC.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I rarely agree with what Mike Francesa says because I know there's always an anti-Jets bias showing through.

But he was, of course, gloating earlier today and said that "Dis about sums up what da game wuz all about last night. Someone on da Patwiots was invaviewed afta da game and dis is what he said:"

"Some teams talk and some teams play."