Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you're not this retarded, junc....c'mon now.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I can't believe that schotty will be a HC prospect after the season.

3. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

whoever bumped this in hopes that we should not bash Shottenheimer is brain-dead... this guy is a terrible play caller... Evidence, 45-3 shellacking last night where he did little to nothing to help out his second year offense and struggling defense... "Hey lets throw ion first down every first down in the First half" played right in to Bellichickens hands... MORON.. should have been fired in the locker room after the game

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The easiest thing in the world to do is bash the OC, outside of that one 3rd and one where sanchez rolled out and missed Braylon I had no problem w/ the playcalling last night, it's about execution. The perfect plays could be called but if the players aren't making the throws or catching the passes then it won't work.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

that's my contention...they're not the perfect plays being called. Schotty has this methodical approach he implements every week...sometimes it works, but it seems it's only effective when you're playing good defense...... but when you're down 17-0 before the end of the 1st quarter..it might be time to make an adjustment.

I mean....it was 24-3...and Schotty is still trying to establish the run?!!...wtf! Mix it up dumbass!

6. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

A large part of the offenses problem last night is the D had them trying to play catch up from the first series on. The running game looked like it was working (or would have worked) but when you are down by 17 in the first quarter your offense needs to change it's strategy. We should have taken that kickoff to start the game a ran the ball to keep it out of Brady's hands. I'm not defending schotty or sanchez (he was aweful) but the D really limited their options quite a bit.

7. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Completely agreed. I hope Rex is able to see this and not let Schotty be his downfall.

8. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

I could not disagree more.

I think the play designs, and playcalling absolutely sucked!

They ran one slant that I can remember, and it worked well, one.

Why one? Because when something works, he stops doing it.

Again, what if NE decided to stop throwing all those short passes to Welker, Woodhead and Branch?

We would have thanked them because no matter how much they did it, we could not stop it.

9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I'm not a football expert, but I'll say my 2 cents anyway:

1. The Jets are loaded with talent on offense.
    2. The offense has been inconsistent at best ALL SEASON.
    Why?
    3. The responsibility for the poor results has to fall on the QB or the OC.
    4. Sanchez hasn't had one game (except maybe Buffalo) where he has thrown to receivers as open as Brady's receivers were last night. It's not even close.
    5. If Sanchez is that bad at finding open receivers he shouldn't be starting in the NFL.
    6. Therefore, I think that the OC is doing a very poor job in designing plays to get receivers open for the QB (not including 2 yard check down passes to LT).

On a side note, the TV announcers said that Sanchez is "very good at that type of pass" after completing a 3 yard pass for a 1st down and also after missing wide open receivers a few times in a row. If he couldn't make that pass, then he really shouldn't be an NFL QB. The announcers were being very kind. He really sucked last night. But I think that any talented QB in such a poorly designed offense would also look bad in that offense.

10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Are you guys kidding me?
    The OC didn't suck last night ... the Quarterback Sucked!
    I'm a big Sanchez supporter, but how many games do you think you're
    gonna win with a 27.8 rating???? That was lower than the goddamn temperature!

3-12 on third down ... mostly because Mark couldn't come close to hitting a receiver most of the night, and even when he did complete passes, guys were reaching up, down and behind them to make the damn catch. I agree that the receivers didn't create any separation at all, but that's on them ... not the coach. That performance by the passing game was totally unacceptable against the worst pass defense in the league, and mostly un-pressured.

You want to bitch about the play calling? ... fine. But that was the least of our problems last night.

#890 truthbtold, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Quite the contrary I think. (Though the defense was still piss poor, as were special teams.) The offense could not move the ball and kept putting the defense back on the field. I suppose it was a little bit of both, though. Both sides of the ball complimented each other in an enormously shitty way.

12. nyjunc

We have't played good defense most of the year, we are 9-3 b/c of our passing offense.

at 24-3 you can still runt he football from time to time and it's not a bad call b/c a)you need to keep your crappy D off the field at that point and b)it can surprise the opponent.

13. nyjunc

Actually the O was moving the ball in the 1st half but drives were bogging down after bad passes or dropping passes.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Was it Gruden who made the comment "Sometimes you outthink yourself on Offense" Nowe maybe he still keeps in touch with Callahan or maybe it's just something he can see but I remember him specifically saying that when we screwed something up.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Be baffled, but also be thankful.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

The crux of the offense

Sorry fellas...but i need to vent about this. Last night was the straw that broke this camel's back.

Why is the offense so ineffective?! And i don't mean just last night either....i'm talking most of the season. The only game the offense really dominated for 60 minutes was the Bills game earlier in the season....that's it.

Let's take inventory of the offense. We have a probowl LT, C, FB, 2 WRs (1 being a recent SB MVP), and a probowl HOF-bound HB. We also have a QB that has shown flashes of brilliance in only his 2nd year....the guy can make all the throws, and has proven on a few occasions that he can lead his team back in the 4th quarter.

So tell me....what's the common denominator in all of this? We have all the pieces to not just be great, but UNSTOPPABLE on offense.

I'll tell you what the common denominator is.....I'm pointing the finger at Brian Schottenheimer. He's the offensive coordinator...he's the glue that's responsible for putting these pieces together. His system isn't new...he's been here for 5 fucking years....why is the team's offense so inconsistent year in and year out?

I expect nyjunc to come into this thread to spew some bullshit defense of Schotty....but he's wrong....and enough is enough.

I'm tired of seeing guys like Josh McDaniels, Bruce Arians, and Gary Kubiak make something from nothing in regards to their offenses...in less time than Schotty has had to get the same results. Schotty's system is predictable, it's a piece of shit, and it's inconsistent......people keep using the excuse that Schotty's personnel kept changing....guess what, the system should be portable enough for the players to learn in a reasonable time frame.

In closing...I want to reiterate....we have the talent....and we're so close to being an elite team....i don't want something as stupid as garbage playcalling to ruin our window of opportunity....and after last night, that's the path this team is heading down.

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Yes, Schotty sucks, but aren't there like 5 other Schotty Sucks threads?

18. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Schottenheimer is my best friend :)

19. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Jay..awesome post...I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with you.

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I agree the talent is there and I would not be against a change at OC. But you cannot do it now this late in the season.

It is what it is. Inconsistency falls on the OC and players. Either change the players or the OC.