Last Nights Officiating...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Dec 7, 2010.

1. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

We won and deferred. I wanted to kill Rex for that. You don't defer to Tom f'ing Brady in Foxboro.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I didnt like it either but at the end of the day thats what we've done all year and we've been pretty successful

3. skoobz2001

skoobz2001 Active Member

The "decision" on the TD was total bullshit. One official waves it off, then the others run over, take Brady's jammy out of their mouth, and argue it into a TD. Disgraceful. Should have been called no TD based on the closest official waving it off, and then Bellicheat could have challenged it.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

and then it would have been a touchdown so whats your point?

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Did not cost us the game, the team made sure that nobody could stop us from getting humiliated. However, the refs were embarrassingly bad last night.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

it was a touchdown.

7. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I definitely think the tone of the game was set by the officials in the first quarter. It was pretty obvious that the Pats were doing their usual hitting people late, getting every call, holding on passing plays that the Pats seem to get away with on every play.

The false start that wasn't called.
    The intentional grounding that wasn't called
    The helmet to helmet hit on Sanchez that wasn't called.
    Wilfork trying to hurt people on every down.

They never call any of this crap on the Pats.

It's almost like between the refs, the dirty pats and the three awful plays (missed field goal, shanked punt and the PI on smith) that the Jets threw the towel in early.

8. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The only good reason to defer is if you have a great defense playing at home with the crowd being really loud. Doing it on the road is sophomoric BS.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I always like deferring, even though NE scored they only got a FG. We were in good shape at that point.

10. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

It could have been called either way. The closest guy said he was out. The challenge would not have been conclusive.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We did it in the title game last year and we shut down Indy on the first drive and had the ball plus got possession to start the 2nd half. we will always defer and I love that we always defer.

12. skoobz2001

skoobz2001 Active Member

Really? My point is obvious. The closest official initially said no TD. There was a longer discussion than is appropriate, and the ruling on the field was changed. Did it REALLY affect the outcome of the game? Hell no. Our shitty effort was all that was needed to ensure a loss. It was just a ruling that's a microcosm of the treatment the Patriots get from the officials.

And yes - it looked like a touchdown on ultra-slow motion. His wrist was down 0.01 seconds before his forearm went down out of bounds. Is it not more fair to the process to go with the closest man's initial ruling and let the replay officials sort it out under challenge? As someone else said, the replay MAY NOT have been enough to overturn a no-TD call - and if it was, so be it. I trust video more than a 15 second sideline conference of officials.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I mentioned that play on the previous page, I don't think the initial blcok was bad as the Pats OL was on the ground and I don't know if Gronkowski saw him but he definately lowered his knee into Dig's.

What was pissing me off was that we allowed them to take late, dirty hits and our guys did not respond. Could you imagine Buddy Ryan sitting there and watching a team going for it on 4th and 1 up 38 points in the 4th quarter? Or sending their #1 QB out and throwing it with 3 minutes to go up by that big of a margain. How about the Madden Raiders? People on the opposing team would have been carted off the field. Rex said in his presser we'll remember, what happened to one of our guys equals 2 of theirs?

14. 624

624 Banned

It definitely affected the game.

We would have lost either way, but it still had it's impact.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I thought some of the early bad calls definately took us out fo our rythm but as has been stated numerous times by numerous people bad calls don't make guys punt the ball 13 yards or give up 45 yards after getting a team in a 3rd and 22 hole on 2 plays.

16. dex13

dex13 New Member

actually, the closer guy said it was a TD and the back judge was trying to rule it incomplete.

17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The refs have been horrible all year but were awful last night. They need to start fining officials for bad calls.

18. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Agreed with respect to the outcome of the game, but, some of the stuff pulled by the Zebras was so over the top, that it's worthy of discussion.

> The picked up flag on the Pats, which, to add insult to injury, during one of the Jets' next possession, some d-bag on the Pats D takes the ball after the runner was down and runs down the field - the officials do no reset the clock and Nacho is hit with a delay of game.

> The riddiculous spot on 3rd down in the 1st Quarter, which, amazingly was upheld when the reverse-side replay showed Nacho's knee didn't touch for almost an additional yard. However, compounding the horribleness of the call was Rex's challenge - because even if he wins the challenge - which he should have - it still would have left the ball a half yard short of the 1st down marker. The refs' bad call (and refusal to change the spot - despite the clear video evidence) and Rex's bad challenge would bite us later on the even more bizarre "Not a touchdown. Oh wait, it's the Patriots - Touchdown!"-call later in the game.

> Wilfork's attempt to corkscrew someone's head off.

> Keller being clotheslined.

> The phantom block in the back called on Smith, when during the previous Pats possession the Pats actually blocked Lance Laury in the back right in front of the returner and official - and no block in the back call was made.

> And as mentioned, but probably not illegal, Jarod Page going after Shonn Greene's knees at least three times in quick succession (check the game thread, I said as much at the time as well) in the second half. What ticked me off about this, wasn't so much the lack of official's call, but the failure to send Page a message, especially with the game out of hand at the time.

#78 fggrimes, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  19. ppls17

ppls17 Member

Normally i dont complain about officiating but how can a team not be demoralized after a first half officiated like that. First the redo on the Brady play in which he prob would of been sacked hard. Then you get wilfolk grabbing 2 people by the heads on the first drive no face mask or personal foul on either. Then they hit Sanchez helmet to helmet 3rd week in a row pats have hit someone helmet to helmet early in game to send message (ward,then collie now Sanchez) call the personal foul there and we are in easy field goal range. Pats score on next drive thanks to pass int (close since he looked back twice but willing to concede on that one) There next drive they get away with an insanely obvious pick play (one of many on the night) Cant do much when they remove the defender like that. Then you have Keller getting clotheslined. Football is a game of momentum the pats got there thru usual methods the refs and ran with it. Would we of lost still prob but it would make it a completely different game.
    For those who say the pats dont get favoritism look at it this way they are an aggressive team on offense and defense there defense has been awful all year and yet they somehow never get called for penalties. You cant be an awful defense and still a disciplined one just doesn't happen. On offense they rely on short plays penalties kill them no wonder they dont get called for them anymore. Its gotten to the point of being ridiculous.
    One more note funny how on the road Brady cant figure out a Ryan defense to save his life (either Ryan) but at home he knows where every play is being run from. Would it really surprise anyone if the pats were still cheating taping walk thru and stealing signals.

20. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Did they call holding on Pats' OL last night? I know they didn't call holding on them during the Thanksgiving Lions' game.

It'd be mighty impressive for an NFL OL to go through two complete games without one holding call, right?

EDIT: The pick was the only call of the night? Too rich.

There is a discrepancy in the officiating for good and bad teams IMO. I watch a really bad team play every week and some of the calls that are made against them I've never, ever seen before and never see called in any other game.

Like a shove being deemed non-football act. What the hell is that?