1986 parallel to now.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jilozzo, Oct 18, 2010.

1. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

There really are some fucking idiots that root for this team. Yeah, we're going 0-5. Did we lose 5 games tonight? Just curious. As much as it's gut wrenching and I don't even want to look at this board right now, it;s just fucking mind-numbingly stupid and idiotic to just assume we lose out. Our history sucks that bad? Go root for the Giants.

2. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Leave my nose out of this!

3. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"There really are some fucking idiots that root for this team."

I agree. You gotta be a 'fucking idiot' to root for this team.

4. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Then why are you here? Joe Walton as your username and Namath as your avatar. Why? You're obviously not a bandwagon fan. If we're done, then why do you care?

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Seriously, root for the Giants.

6. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

The situation in '86 was that a lot of people criticized them all season as "not being as good as their record". It almost seems like they played waiting for the other shoe to drop.

In '94, it was treated as a foregone conclusion that they would lose all their games after they lost the spike game.

The problem is, the Jets are going to catch a lot of shit from all the usual suspects over this loss. It seems now that the Dolphin game is the most important game of the season

7. Foreign Alphabet

So if we did lose 3 or 4 games and then lost in the wild card round... would we be the same old jets?

For the record I think we are going to trash miami after this

8. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Optimism? Optimism? Don't even dare mention any of that on this board right now. :smile:

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't think we'll see an '86 collapse but it is interesting how we lost 45-3 on monday night at a div rival again.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

The darksiders come out of the fucking woodwork.

I am not a fairweather fan, never have been. I have never felt like a fool rooting for the Jets. I like the team, I am not a frontrunner, and realize this is only one game.

For those that have given up, leave. We will still be here, the ones that never give up, and don't concede anything. It is not the end of the world, it is football, and anything can happen. Enjoy the game, the ups and the downs, after all it is just a game.

I guess for some, it is their whole life. I am looking towards next week. Finally, a Sunday with some Jets football. I will be watching as always. Sure the losses suck when you invest time into it to watch. But I still know that a win next week 10-3 and the team is still in the hunt and having a playoff berth well in hand by beating the dolphins.

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

The difficulty of this loss was not just it was a division loss it was utter humiliation on national tv in the most hyped game of the season. Now not only do the Jets have to bounce back they have to deal with all the questions...were you just lucky, are you not as good as your record, is this the same old jets, is mark sanchez regressing, etc... Now if they come out against Miami and once again fail to score a TD in the first quarter and play a 6 point half what happens?

I say win the toss...don't defer just take the ball and set the tone offensively since this is not the over powering defense from last year that scared teams.

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

not many thought it was interesting when i authored this thing.....;)

this is one of those things where u hate to be right - honestly when we were beating the lions and browns i have to bite my tongue (fingers) and not come on these boards warning everyone about what vould happen last night. and it did.

well - even i do not foresee a collapse but we were exposed big time and the pats enjoyed every minute of it.

13. nyjunc

'86 was very different though as we were so beat up late in the season. We are pretty healthy now and I would be shocked if we tanked it. we have better players, healthier players and better coaching.

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

yeah the injuries are the difference at this point but the list is starting to grow with leonard and now inhedigbo. i saw harris go down for a bit last night and u can imagine what i was thinking.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

yep, so was I ........ :shit:

16. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Just curious, how did the 1986 season turned out to be after the big lost which is 45-3 ?

17. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

At least in the 45-3 loss to the Dolphins, the Jets entire defensive line was out. What was the excuse last night?

18. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

hahahhaahahaha.....wait, you serious?

19. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Yea, why. I don't know about Jet's past history

20. nyjunc

It began a 5 game losing streak to end the regular season and choke away the division title(and a bye) but we won our WC game vs. KC and had a 10 pt lead w/ about 3 mins to plat Cleveland in the div rd before we eventually lost in 2 OTs setting up a decade of failure from '87-'96