Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

How do you watch that game and think Schotty is the weak link? Fans of all the other teams, all the TV broadcasters and analysts agree that Sanchez had a terrible game. Schotty's gameplan was the same as every other week and therefore it was predictable because the Patriots watch a lot of tape. Even so, guys were getting open. Edwards was getting 1-on-1's against midgets. Sanchez was off tonight.

2. SettlerDawg

They also bashed everyone else and gave Sanchez a unanimous F. They are also giving the entire defense an F.

3. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i agree that we need to score. if sanchez doesnt throw those picks we probably score at least one of those drives. cant fault him for dropped passes and missed field goals though. give the pats good field position early and they will score. thats just the nature of the game. drop the ball and we dont stay on the field. it becomes impossible to get into any sort of rhythm. we should have scored touchdowns, but i still dont think you can entirely blame schottenheimer on this one. 3 interceptions, a handful of bad passes, a couple drops, and you score 3 points. thats all on the players. santonio holmes and lt got up for this game. shonne green too, yet they didnt score any rush tds. cause sanchez would throw a pic, or schotty would call passes. but even still, there were too many mistakes made by the players to blame schotty entirely.

i do understand that it is just one of many complaints, but are we really gonna start a new offense in the middle of the season? build him up and mark in your secret book to keep a critical eye on him for the rest of the season. what else can we do? honestly?

4. SettlerDawg

Agree with this. We need more audibles at the line. We need to be able to change plays at the line to take advantage of the defensive coverage. Pretty much just do what the Patriots do on offense. We need versatility.

5. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Ive discovered the problem with bad offensive coordinators is that they are overconfident on a level which is unthinkable to most people. They think they can run any play in their playbook at will and for whatever reason if a play is not working, they will keep running it until it works. While you like the confidence their is a line between confidence and over confident. Schotty tries to get cute and make the opponent look silly instead of trying to just move the ball down the field

6. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I dont get it...I really do not get how anyone who has watched this team play this year can say this. I cant understand this anymore.

The Patriots, when on offense, looked like the field was a half a mile wide and the Jets look like they are playing in a bubble...especially on 3rd down.

The Jets have no concept on spreading the field...with all of the weapons they have...their out play is a 3 yard crossing pattern to LT. Sanchez goes to LT about 80% of the time on 3rd down. There is no separation created in any of these plays...nothing.

You have a tight end that is unable to have any mismatches created on...none. The Jets offense plays in a huge bubble. It allows other teams to stack linebackers in the middle of the field to stop the run or pass.

It is truly one of the most easily to read offenses I have ever seen. Every pass attempt is like watching a women give birth. Its forced..its obvious. Its absurd that a head coach who has prepped defenses to go after an offensive game plan like Ryan has..that he allows this gameplan week in and week out. Its pathetic.

Was Sanchez great tonite? No...he sucked. But which team on offense had more weapons. What passes by Brady tonite made you sit back and say wow...this guy is amazing. He was hitting wide open guys because they spread the field and create mismatches.

This team has no identity whatsoever. None. Ground and Pound? Whats the benefit of having a great running game when your passing game throws right into a stacked front 7. SPREAD THE DAMN FIELD OUT. Let your tight end go after their safeties.

Its sickening to watch.

7. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

McDaniels has some free time on his hands. He knows a little something about what the Pats do on offense. He's made Kyle Orton a hell of a QB with no wideouts or running game to speak of. He's only a clusterfuck when he gets to make personnel decisions.

Then again, when we let Mangini go I was glad that we put our weird obsession with the Pats behind us. Bringing in McDaniels would bring all that back.

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Playcalling, it's obvious.

We targeted Keller 3 times, why?

Sanchez was off, but the playcalling was worse. Schotty has to go, I was never this sure before.

Why do you think it's so rare for a QB to have a 300 yard game under him?

Sidenote, Braylon has seemed off, those 2 deep balls last week he should've had and 2 key 3rd down drops. In the end we're 9-3 and can still take the division. Schotty made their shitty D look good, Schotty did that.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums up my feelings on this subject to a T.

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

you answered your own question...:breakdance:

Sanchez did have a bad game but when the Defense knows whats coming....shits gonna happen.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's amazing how we always blame Schotty when the O dopesn't perform but when our scheme based D underperforms like it has most of the season rex never gets blamed. rex cost us this game, he did not have his team ready to play. Our offensive gameplan was fine but poor throws, poor reads and dropped passes killed us all night.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I've been saying this for an eternity.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I haven't read this entire thread, but I don't think I'll find another post I agree with more than this one. Well said, jaywayne. Hahaha. like a woman giving birth. I think that sums up Brian Schottenheimer's development as an OC, too.

But damn, Sanchez sucked last night. Throw into QUADRUPLE COVERAGE in the endzone? Really?

14. psalyga1987

psalyga1987 New Member

Quote:
    It's amazing how we always blame Schotty when the O dopesn't perform but when our scheme based D underperforms like it has most of the season rex never gets blamed. rex cost us this game, he did not have his team ready to play. Our offensive gameplan was fine but poor throws, poor reads and dropped passes killed us all night.

two reasons:

1. We knew going into this game Brady was going to put up points. We were relying on our O to make plays on a defense that ranks dead last. So if your putting up only 3 points, sorry to break it to u bud but your gameplan was far from fine! Dropped passes/interceptions my ass, the play design is just damn lame. No one is getting open and everything as a result is forced. If a play is made its usually because a player makes an amazing grab in DOUBLE COVERAGE. We have talented players and a failing system. Good games are being won by our amazing players (specifically Holmes telling schotty all game CB is giving him room on the slant route only to produce the game winning TD) and not the PLAYS or schotty. Pretty sad considering the Pats D has little talent but amazing coaching and comes out firing lastnight.

2. This is Rex's second year. Schotty has been around here for sometime now and frankly this has been lingering in my head for some years now.

#814 psalyga1987, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We are suppsoed to have a big time D, big time D's should be able to hold that O relatively in check, at least keep them in the 20s. The D allowed points on all but one possession in the first half(TDs on all except one).

brian has been here a while and he has had different QBs to work w/ every year. This is the first time he has had the same QB 2 years in a row and he has done a great job developing our young QB.

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

pretty much what youre saying here is taking the heat of of Schotty dude. If No one is getting open that isnt schottys fault. If we're throwing into double coverage every time than Sanchez isnt throwing to the right guy. None of this is on Schotty

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

stop making excuses for Schotty, junc......he's become so predictable now that it's hurting the team. Last night was indicative of that...on so many levels.

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

what I dont get is half of the schotty haters say hes wayyy to predictable and half say hes wayyy too "cutesy"......Im thinking predictable and cutesy are kind of opposite.

Rex Ryan embarrassed himself yesterday far more than Schotty did.....you fall down 17 in the 1st quarter, its over dude. The OC is not gonna come up with any miracle at that point. Especially when Sanchez sucked complete cock and the receivers were dropping balls on the very few plays that they actually got open.

19. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

With the exception of the running game, every phase got a beat-down last night. Everyone deserves brainless bashing.

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The offense has been bad since week 5. I'm sorry, but they may have put up some decent stats against some teams, but the truth is that this offense has sucked since Holmes came back. I'm not blaming it on Holmes, but there was a complete shift in how the offense has been run since then.

One of the main issues is that Sanchez no longer utilizes the TE. Whether this is by design, I don't know. Don't give me a double team crap. Teams aren't going to be double teaming the TE when there's Holmes & Edwards out there. Since week 5, Keller has has 0 touchdowns. 0 in 8 games.

Weeks 1-4, Keller averaged 4.75 receptions for 63.5 yards, 1.25 TDs.
    Weeks 5-13, Keller averaged 2.875 receptions for 37.625 yards, 0 TDs.

Sanchez, Weeks 1-4, 177.75 yards, 2 TDs per game, 0 INTS. Full Season - 32-0
    Since, 240.625 yards per game, 1 TD, 1.25 INTS. Full Season 16-20.

Braylon Edwards?
    Weeks 1-4, 56.75 yards, 0.75 TD
    Since, 53.75 yards, 0.375 TD

Tomlinson?
    (Rushing only)
    Weeks 1-4, 85.25 yards, 0.75 TD
    Since, 55.875 yards, 0.25 TD

Greene?
    Weeks 1-4, 55.75 yards, 0 TD
    Since, 52 yards, 0.125 TD