Schottenheimer..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeHoncho, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Jason05

Jason05 Member

Defense played much worse today, Brady was always able to find an open receiver. Our secodary and safeties sucked

2. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Its what everyones thinking but no one wants to say aloud...

3. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Do you mean sack in the British sense or do you want Harris to lay him out the next time they see each other?

4. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Can't it be both :beer:

5. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I think it would have been a totally different game if the defense could have made a couple big stops early. Even ONE stop. But, when you get 17 point hung on you in the first quarter, that changes your offense entirely.

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Ray Lucas: "Mark Sanchez is very good... when the game plan is good"

Couldn't agree more. And Klecko keeps harping on the fact the Jets offense doesn't change at all and defenses are getting wise to the same plays over and over and over. Also the lack of a screen pass. Does Shittenheimer know you are allowed to do that? Did he see how much the Pats were killing the Jets D with screens today?

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

We are averaging 4 points in our losses...LOL.

8. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

u know your offense sucks when i can tell you what play is being run from my couch before every snap

if i can tell how easy do you think it is for a 3 time superbowl winning coach to figure out

9. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

haha good point!

10. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Every time Shotty has more than 6 days to prepare the Jets are horrible. He overthinks and tries to win the game on the headset instead of on the field.

Granted, the D got him behind early, but he had the entire first half to call the game he wanted to a produced 3 points.

McDaniels +1000

11. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

McDaniels, videotaping or not, would be a godsend to this team.

12. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

sanchez isnt good enough to play in a shotgun offense

13. legler82

It's like the chicken or the egg. Did the D get him behind early or did the inept offense inability to sustain drives give Brady too many opportunities early. To be honest in this game it was both. That said the Jets can not continue to play this poorly on offense against the better teams.

14. 624

624 Banned

I agree here and have to add ST.

The D/ST put our offense in a hole early....I think Greene could have run all over them if it wasn't 17-0 in minutes, forcing us to play from behind.

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Shittenheimer clearly tries to get too cute with the offense so that everyone says "ohhhh wow what a call! That OC is really smart!" But it almost always backfires.

One play I really thought stuck out was 3rd and 1 and they did some ridiculous play action rollout pass to Edwards. Shonn Greene was shredding them with the run and they didn't just pound it in there when they had picked up all the short yardage plays up to that point. I really can't stand this guy.. whenever they show him on the sideline with his play chart it gives me ZERO confidence and makes me expect something bad soon.

16. legler82

Schittyheimer wastes at least a handful of offensive possesions a game. It's like he takes them for granted. Maybe it's a byproduct of having an extreme confidence in the defense. Against the bad teams we are able to overcome that. Against the good teams (see Baltimore, Green Bay and New England), it results in 12 points in 3 games.

17. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I disagree. The Jets had to know going in that they'd at least have to put up 24 points to win. They couldn't count on a 14-10 or 17-14 win with the Pats offense. Shotty had the entire first half and first drive of the second half to just run his offense and produced 3 points.

Considering they were still featuring the run halfway through the 3rd quarter, it didn't seem like Shotty was being forced to air it out to play catch up.

18. legler82

I almost broke the flat screen on that one. How about that running play where Shonn Greene was running parallel to the line of scrimmage about 5 yard deep. I think that was suppose to be a half back pass.

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

At first I thought it was LT and the HB pass play crossed my mind. But then I realized it was Greene and that was just the play they wanted to run. I mean any time you can take a 230 pound North-South runner who is shredding the defense pounding it up the middle, and have him turn and run toward the sideline to try and get the corner for some reason, you gotta do it! I mean he probably thought it was so genius and would trick the defense big time.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

That play call was weird but 2 things (provided we're remembering the same play):

1. Edwards was open for the 1st
    2. Sanchez threw the ball wide