Schottenheimer..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeHoncho, Dec 7, 2010.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Is anybody watching the post game on SNY? These guys are absolutely MURDERING Shittenheimer and his offensive playcalling and design. Can't say I disagree with them.

Klecko and Ray Lucas especially are just roasting him, how the offense isn't fooling anyone and it's the same nonsense over and over.. Belicheck had extra time to prepare for this garbage offensive system and just completely and totally raped Shittenheimer and his "genius" offensive system. The only problem is the defensive shortcomings are going to overshadow Shittenheimer ruining the offense.. again.

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Sad thing is, he isnt going anywhere was long as this team has a winning record. We can analyze how bad he is (and yes, he is horrible), Rex loves him and will keep him here barring being forced to make a change.

3. Jason05

Jason05 Member

3 yards run
    pass (incomplete)
    3rd down collapse pass

Every single time

4. 624

624 Banned

Is that what they're saying? I have it on mute until the players talk....they are terrible.

5. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

How the fuck do you not take any deep shots on the worst pass defense in the league

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Yes, they were absolutely right on the money with all the things they were saying.. the offense is too predictable, too much predicated on bullshit.. motion, timing, etc.

Facing the WORST Defense in the league and they can't pass the ball or take shots against the secondary. It seems like every play is designed to be a quick hitter to a receiver and when that doesnt work, the whole thing is a clusterfuck and Sanchez runs around hoping someone breaks free. It's ridiculous.

7. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

The Lions put up more points against the Pats than us. That's ridiculous.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Everybody involved with the offense is responsible when you put up 3 points. Everybody. Single out Schotty if you want, he sucked balls as well.

9. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

because it ends up as INT's

10. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Its time to sack him...there is just no justifying how much he is holding this team back, and even quite possibly Sanchez's growth.

Sanchez was terrible tonight...but that is expected. He is a second year quarterback who has very little experience at the college level. He has all the talent to be great but he needs more consistency, which he'll get in time. But theres no telling how much an affect Schotty might have on him.

Either way, Schotty needs to be shown the door at the end of season.

11. Spikester

Spikester New Member

My biggest complaint with schotty has been the patterns wide recievers run. Why the hell can't Holmes catch a pass on the run. Why is Braylon stopping on routes? Look at how NE runs their routes: full speed and getting yards after the catch.

He gets alot of hatred, and for the most part, I think he's ok, but this is starting to look like a big problem. We should be putting up more then 3 points.

12. Cynic

Cynic New Member

I think we need a legit slot receiver threat with speed. A slow possession receiver like Cotchery is completely out of place.

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

When Jet analysts, who are former players, are saying how they know all the plays that are coming just by watching the games and that nothing has changed at all for a month now, I think the coordinator is the biggest problem. He's a freaking joke.

That doesn't absolve Sanchez, Edwards, or anyone else, because nobody really played too well.. but it all starts with the man calling the plays and holding everyone back.

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I actually don't think the story of this game was the lousy offensive play calling. And I feel like I've been griping about Jets play calling since, well, forever.

The story of this game was the defense, who could be run on, passed on, and scored on, almost at will.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

McDaniels....

16. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

The Patriots defense came in with the dead last ranked pass defense in the league and the Jets didn't even attempt a pass more then 2 yards until they were down 21.

Schottenheimer has to go, period.

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Because the plays Shittenheimer calls are "brilliant".. those other ones are too easy and not challenging enough for him.. they don't show what a genius he can be.

18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Yes, the story of the game was the pathetic defense for sure.. but that is my worry, that it will overshadow the offensive ineptitude too much.

We could blame the defense 100% if the score was like 45-24.. but it wasn't. We scored 3 points against the worst statistical defense in the NFL. That is embarrassing.

19. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Good question. We had the one deep pass. Sanchez underthrew it though.

More good questions: why not keep running when that was working? Why break up Sanchez' momentum by moving LT or Smith to QB for the same frigging "trick" play we run all the time? When the Pats were cheating the LBs up to stop the run, why not audible a pass to the TE in the seam?

20. Brick

Brick Member

I was yelling that all game. I think they took one shot to Edwards on the interception. That was the only attempt deep the entire game. I think part of this has to fall on Sanchez. Holmes was open deep a few times and he simply didn't find him.