Total Choke Job - Worst Loss in History?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetzz, Dec 6, 2010.

?

Worst Loss or Most Embarrassing?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2010.
  1. Worst loss in history

5.3%
  2. Most embarrassing loss in history

57.5%
  3. Worst loss and most embarrassing

14.2%
  4. I'm going to go kill myself now.

23.0%
  1. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I never start these kinds of threads, but I feel compelled to respond. Maybe it will keep me from tying that rope off to the wood beam above and drawing a noose. If I had any inkling at all that tonights game would be this embarrassing I might have prepared by getting someone to put the pills under lock and key.. and hide all the sharp objects.

This may not be the worst loss in history, but it has to be one of the most embarrassing. And if it wasn't bad enough, that prick in rags is going for it on 4th and inches. And bam.. another touchdown. I've seen us play poorly. I've even seen it when the entire team is misfiring. But this goes beyond that.

It started with the coaching staff. Rex had that kinda lost in the headlights look when they were looking to him on that first series as to whether to go for the first.. and he ends up challenging. He might as well just called a damn time out. It would have been less critical. And while they got the first, they totally pooched the field goal.

Then in a point where he should be challenging a call he blew it letting them off with the touchdown. I dunno.... I would think those are the kinda calls challenges were made for. Granted in hindsight, 42 points later, I guess the call to challenge wasn't all that critical. But it was a never-ending spiral of suckage from there.

There aren't enuff people to blame for this loss and playing like they are. Every facet of this game we failed to play like an NFL team. I'm embarrassed for the first time to even be a fan of this team. I don't even begin to know where we go from here.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

This was a statement game....unfortunetly for us....we made the wrong statement.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Definitely one of the worst regular season loses in team history, especially since this was probably one of the biggest regular season games in this team's history...

4. blhblh936

blhblh936 New Member

Maybe this game sparks a fire under this teams ass the rest of the way? Hopefully.

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

just as bad as the 86 Jets losing 45-3 to Miami on MNF when they were 10-1....it becomes the worst if they fail to win again this season and miss the playoffs

6. perfectpackage99

Disgusting game, we got smoked, good news is it's 11:30, almost time to put this terrible day away and go to sleep.

7. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Wow I knew this was bad, but worse loss in the history of NFL? Come on man.

8. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Can their be a "I dont care"

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I think he means team history.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Well I couldn't stand watching anymore but it's hardly the worst loss in history. lol. The loss the the Colts last year was much worse.

Lose by 1 or 51, it doesn't matter, you get 1 more in the L column.

11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Do you have to drag yourself into work, in Boston, where the company holiday party is happening in your corner of the building... where every douchebag Pats fan will make you do the walk of shame? :breakdance:

Tomorrow has the possibility of sucking more than tonight. I'll get to live it again, and again. :lol:

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I don't think I've ever felt better about a game going into it...and worse coming out of it. I really thought we were gonna make a statement. Even in a loss I thought we would play well. The Jets had NOTHING tonight. No offense, no defense and shockingly the special teams were a fucking disaster too. Pathetic.

Having said all that, maybe I'm crazy, stupid, homer, etc. but I think we'll rebound and still finish the season strong.

13. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Outcoached. Rex better put his humble cap on his head and get to work tomorrow morning.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Tonight's game was right up there with these two "gems"-
    45-3 at Miami in 1986
    31-0 at Los Angeles Raiders in 1985

15. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Not NFL... not quite that bad, but in Jets history.

16. Cynic

Cynic New Member

In my fan-lifetime this is one of the worst. Though I would probably put Doug Brien's field goal misses above this.

17. perfectpackage99

yah one of the worst ever, I agree the 45-3 to the Dolphins was just as bad as this one.

18. Out for the Season

Out for the Season New Member

Isn't there an option for all of the above?

19. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

LOL I guess that is a bright side.. because a game like this you deserve at least 2 or 3 in the 'L' column.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This was embarrassing. The loss to Denver, Indy or Pitt in the playoffs were the worst.