2010 Mike Fatcesa Thread (Jets related only) Admits he is anti-Jets on 8/10/10

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

you can't make this stuff up. he kills the jets for almost every win and calls them lucky but thinks they're going to win every week. like the poster said earlier he does it so he can say waitasekent i picked the jets to win! rewind da tapes!

2. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

So off-topic, but does anyone find it hilarious when Jets callers call in to Boomer and Carlton and start ragging on Boomer?

I think a few months back some caller was getting flippant with Boomer and started saying snarky things like "Hey Boomer, wish i could forget you"

Today they had a caller call in and say "Hey Boomer we gotta take a page out of a play you know all to well-- the fake spike game, and thats how we win." You could tell Boomer was annoyed cause he just kind of moved on from the subject without acknowledging the caller.

Its funny when Jets fans tweak Boomer, it's all in good fun.

3. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

We already know that everyone at WFAN, except for Joe and Evan, won't give the Jets credit for winning games, even if the Jets were "lucky" (IMO, they aren't lucky, just good enough to win every Sunday). But if the Jets pull this out tonight, I bet Francessa and the rest of that crew at WFAN will down play the significance of the win by pointing out that there are more games in the schedule, you watch..

4. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Those d-bags just hate the jets and I think Giants won't even make the playoffs this year!

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

It's funny because for someone who grew up as a Jets fan and played for the Jets, Boomer picks against the Jets quite often.

6. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I guess he doesn't like the changes that Jets have made or Jets are doing better than when he was playing for the jets

7. yankeeswin84

yankeeswin84 New Member

Honestly, used to be a pretty big fan of Carton but I'm starting to find him annoying. His whole act just screams Howard Stern wannabe to me.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm with you on that. His immature Beavis and Butthead routine makes me wonder why Esiason would ever want his name and reputation connected with this adolescent moron.

9. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Whoever said above that you can't make this stuff up is right. Fatty has said over and over that we 'gawt luckee' against Minn and The Lions and now he's picking us against a team that has a 25 game home regular season streak?

10. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Boomer is fair when he talks about the Jets. He praises Sanchez. He also says he's a Bengals fan, which you can't blame him for.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You know what it is? Boomer is trying to make a career of himself as a national broadcaster. He does the radio play by play for Monday night games and analysis on CBS. He's scared like a little girl of being accused of not being impartial and of being a homer (like he called out Troy Aikman for) so he goes out of his way to be unfairly hard on the Jets. He's nowhere near as bad as Fatcessa but he knocks the Jets all the time unecessarily

12. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

I thought Boomer told Michael Kay on Centerstage that he wasn't neither a Jets or Giants fan growing up. Either way, I don't care what Boomer has to say; he was garbage anyway.

13. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I can't imagine that being the truth (I'm not saying you're lying, I'm saying that he's lying to boost his credibility as a sportscaster). He grew up on Long Island, I'm pretty sure in the past (especially when he played for the Jets) it was said that he grew up as a Jets fan. I can't imagine someone who would eventually go on to play a sport professionally didn't have a favorite team growing up.

#3593 LeonNYJ, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  14. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

LeonNYJ, of course I could be wrong. I have to see that Centerstage episode again to see if I misunderstood boomer..

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Similar to past Jets victories, he's not impressed with the Steelers win last night. "If Polamalu doesn't get that strip sack, then the Steelers don't win that game, they don't even get the ball back."

WTF is with all of the "what ifs?" from him?

16. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

Francesa is just ridiculous. At the most important point of the game, the Steelers defense came up with a huge turn over to set up a winning touchdown. Isn't that what good teams are supposed to do? How can that not be an impressive win. He is just ridiculous.

17. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Having your best player make a big play is luck in tubbys world.

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If I hear him call Matt Ryan "Matty Ice" one more time...

19. yankeeswin84

yankeeswin84 New Member

Don't worry guys he has Phil Simms on today to break down the Jets game. So jet talk from 4:00-4:20 then back to Jetah and Matty Ice

20. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

last season his complaint about the jets defense not making stops at the end. this year he doesn't even take it into account. everything is luck. all these 'experts'(lol) are caught up in the luck thing this year. not just francesa, it's everyone.

the steelers are very vulnerable though. it's hard to see that offensive line holding up week after week in the playoffs without severely costing them at some point.

it seems like if you win a close game in the NFL this year it's called luck. The falcons are similar to us. A lot of late game wins. so is the other team unlucky to win? the other team deserved to win? so if the jets were 6-5 coming into tonight and lost 3 of those close games we would sit here and say 'the jets could easily be 9-2, they lost 3 unlucky games they should have won'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.