Tannenbaum: We want to keep Santonio AND Braylon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MadBacker Prime, Dec 1, 2010.

1. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

As long as we keep David Harris!

2. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Vlad the Impailer

3. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

Yes but he just signed a LTD less then 2 years ago. cutting him would cost us more money then keeping him. If contracts didn't come into play i'd rather have harris but based on scotts contract and the fact he has 4 years left on his deal harris would be the easiest to let walk of the 2

shut down CBs are hard to find in the NFL. ILBs are much easier to come by. as much as i love harris cro would be tougher to replace.

No it does, but when you have a young QB that your entire franchise is vested on his success then you need to give him every chance to succeed.

The difference with edwards is he really wants to be here and has said it several times. plus edwards already got a big pay day from his rookie deal being a 3rd overall pick. holmes has never ad a big pay day and you can bet he wants one more the BE. matter of fact BE is probably making more this 1 season then holmes has made in his career.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

When Cromartie is asking for 10 million a year like Revis we will see how Rex feels about his #2 corner.

5. United_Jets

United_Jets Active Member

Yeh I'd have to agree with you. Harris is brilliant and doesn't get nearly, nearly the amount of credit that he deseves - may very well be the most underatred MLB in the league. But I just think about the way the Pats carved through us by throwing to Welker 15 times last season in Foxborough (let's hope it's different this year!) and more importantly the way Manning embarrassed every corner we had in the Title game not named Revis. With Croamartie and Revis able to almost shut down the outsides, our pass defence stacks up much better in the big games. These two deserve a lot of credit on us holding it together without a pass rush this season!
    If we took the right ILB on the first day of the draft, he could become a force in our defence pretty quickly

6. steves850

steves850 Active Member

As far as #2 corners go, Cro has proven to be closer to 1a. The only reason he's considered a #2 is because we're incredibly lucky to have Revis lining up across from him. On almost any other team he'd be a #1 hands down.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The good thing is that no matter what players we have next season, as long as Rex is our head coach we will win a ton of games.

If Rex were coaching the Bills, they'd be 8-3 right now.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Vlad, the 'impailer', who couldn't win the starting job against a 6th rounder, and couldn't fill in for the same 6th rounder when needed.

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

There is no way Tanny is going to let Cro leave after 1 season after giving up a 2nd round pick for him. It will be interesting to see how the new collective bargaining deal works out. If they still have the franchise tag available, you better believe Cromartie will have that slapped on him, whether to keep him or work out a trade. No chance he leaves without getting anything in return.

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

$10 mil a yr for Cromartie would be too much imo.

11. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

Exactly, its in no way a slight to harris, i just feel that we could draft a ILB in the 2nd round and have him contribute right away and start (harris did it in his rookie year as a 2nd rounder) but like we learned with wilson and revis, it takes a year or 2 for CBs to really get into the swing of things. plus keeping cro means were set at CB for a long time with the top duo

12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Did you mean sensei? Sensai means your former wife. Were you married to our GM? lol

#52 Quinnenthebeast, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Actually no it wouldn't. They would save $4,350,000 cutting Scott. I don't think they will tho

14. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

¢romartie........

15. Deathstroke

Deathstroke Active Member

If anyone can do it, it's the Godfather Tannenbaum

16. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

I just looked it up and they would save 2.15 million

what you were looking at is the jets would LOSE 4.35 million if cut THIS YEAR.
    you have to look at the 2011 cap page not the 2010 and also note that in accounting numbers wrapped in Parenthesis means a negative number

17. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

We probably gotta look on the defensive Side of the ball, when we keep braylon and santonio, can we also keep Harris and Cro? If we can't keep those 4, i definitly wouldn't keep both WRs.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

my bad i was in 2012 for some reason

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Why does everyone want to cut Bryan Thomas? For what he gets he has been very productive.

20. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Scott is not getting cut. some of you are out of your minds.

he's part of the heart and soul of the defense. rex would rather have his left testicle cut off then cut scott