Snow in the forecast for next monday's game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Deathstroke, Nov 29, 2010.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Am I crazy or doesn't the snow actually help the passing game?

I could've sworn the logic was that the snow makes it way more difficult for cornerbacks to plant which gives receivers an advantage in their release at the line of scrimmage.

Brady has pinpoint accuracy as it is... if the snow slows down the cornerbacks and the pass rush I would think he'd have a field day under those conditions.

2. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I doubt the weather is going to give either team an advantage, except maybe heavy winds when you're down by a FG.

3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Nope, it was Brady and it was last season. It was the epic 59-0 beatdown that the Pats put on the Titans in week 6 of last season.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Even if it does snow, I don't see that being a big help to us. Brady has had tremendous passing days in the snow (completed like 15 straight passes in the second half of the tuck rule game, as well as, the aforementioned trashing of the Titans last season)

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

They have new recievers, how will they play in the snow? have they even ever seen snow in their life?

but from the looks of it, its not snowing. ESPN only said that to hype things.

6. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

Last time Brady played in the snow? Titans game last year - 380yds, 6 TDs, 0 INTs. Final score? 59-0.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The forecast does say rain/snow with a night low of 14 degrees, but I wouldn't count on it 7 days ahead of time. Either way it will be cold, so let's see if Nacho can take the frost

8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Snow DOES NOT help the Jets at all. In fact, a slick field helps the passing game the most. WRs know where they are going and when they are going to make their cut. It is much more disadvantageous for the DBs and the DEs rushing the QB.

9. KDPPatsfan

KDPPatsfan Banned

The Patriots/Titans game was last season when Brady was back from his knee injury. He went 29/34 380 yrds and 6TD 0INT. Patriots won 59-0 in the snow.

I cant post the link but if you go to NFL.com to scores, click on 2009 week 6 you will get your answers how the Patriots are in the snow!!

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

gronkowski may have played at Arizona, but hes from my hometown - Buffalo NY. He can handle the snow LOL

I dont think snow helps us, contrary to belief snow actually HELPS the passing game. Recievers KNOW where they are going whereby the DBs have to react, thats why the Pats have been so amazing in the snow over the years: deadly short passing in the snow with Brady.

I think its too early to size up the weather because anything can happen this time of year but if its snowing it is definetely advantage Pats IMO

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I woke up this AM in Mass and my prediction of a dusting was solely based on what I perceive.

Nothing more.

I'm like the farmer's almanac.

12. 624

624 Banned

Probably not.

Actually, I highly doubt more than half of the Patriots roster has ever seen snow in their lives.

13. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Snow game would be epic, however the game is a week away, the weather can change quite a bit. In either case it may not work out as well as everyone thinks. I remember the Pats shredding the Titans for something like 50 points last year in the snow. Tough for defenses to react with a slippery field. I guess that's just the pessimist in me.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

How many hours from Gillette Stadium are you? I don't think I'd trust your judgement regarding whether it's gonna snow on the game or not.

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Hhshahahahahahahahhaha

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Wow, shocker.

17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

That crazy man Woodhead can handle the snow too...he played at Chadron, Nebraska...freakin' snows there at the START of football season! lol

But, I agree...the snow really doesn't give us much of an advantage on defense due to the aforementioned posts about receivers knowing where they are going and DB's having to guess.

We do gain an advantage in the running game, though, as we definitely have the better backfield over the Patriots...including Dirty's ability to scramble and Brady has none. Should be a hell of a game! The Jets are built to beat a team like this though...question, if it hasn't already been covered...who the hell are Cro and Revis going to cover outside of Branch? Should we put them on the TE's and let Lowry and Wilson worry about Branch. I'd put Cro on Tate when in the game...make Revis follow those two TE's everywhere.

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

As has been stated, Brady is unaffected by the snow.

I do wonder about their small, speedy WRs in the snow though. I guess it works both ways, as DBs are more susceptible to slipping.

Thus, the advantage in the snow has to go to the team with the strong running game, because there's less chance for a weather-induced mistake/disaster (plzholdontoballShonn) -- and we're both the stronger rushing Offense & Defense.

Of course, if it doesn't snow, then this post just sucks.

19. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

It took 28 posts for someone to correct the incorrect notion! You're right and you'll hear basically the same explanation from every person who knows the game.

For all the crap I hear about Pats fans being know-nothing bandwagoners, it was kind of surprising to see the general misconception on the previous page.

:wink:

20. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

How is this in our favor? We have a qb from southern california!!! And our run game isn't as effective as last year