Upper Deck bathrooms

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by sec314, Nov 17, 2010.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

That is exactly what we did at Shea in the UD & Hess got the message & brought in tons of port of potties. I would say the lack of b/rooms at Shea was one of the main reasons that Hess moved them to the M/lands. Naturally the xtra seats at the M/lands was another reason :jets:

2. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I did notice the lines were a bit longer this week but they moved fairly well. Let's face it, the uppers could benefit from another couple men's rooms in the corners.

3. Gator

Gator Active Member

I wanna see how many pages the great Ganggreen can go on a bathroom thead. We're looking for posts on bathroom experiences people!! I almost had a fatal one at a Jets playoff game in Oakland in 02. Not NMS, but Jets related nontheless. Half that stadium is straight out of the movie Colors

4. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

If you like, I can report on the color of the waste coming out during the bathroom experience?

5. Gator

Gator Active Member

Gross, but.......................floater?

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Pretty shitty topic if you ask me.

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

I haven't had any bathroom issues but I piss in the woods by lot K before the game starts and usually once during the game but I wait until we are about to punt and run for dear life down the stairs and beat the crowd out.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Here is a good one. The front door in the Upper deck bathroom swings opens to the left, right into the stall for the handicap, so you can't open the stall door unless you ask people to move so you can close the front door and then swing open the stall door. If it was to open to the right, it would get in the way of people waiting for a urinal. I notcies this while waiting to take a piss and me and this complete stranger just looked at each other and laughed. Great design fellas

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i sit in 347 right near the exit so i run out of my seat tot he concourse and to the mens room in section 342. i have had no problems with the bathroom. just need to go at the right times.

10. TOMMY1961

TOMMY1961 New Member

Does anyone havea count on the actual number of stalls and urinals in the MEZZ endzones? There sure seems to have been a lot more Urinals at the old Giants Stadium in the lower level endzone sections then the MEZZ 200 level non-club seats at this new Meadowlands stadium. I think we got hosed.

11. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

The other issue is in the Upper Mezz EZ the tiny bathroom only has one door. So your always bumping into people going in and then out.

12. porkman

porkman New Member

there is less than 100 urinals total in the whole upper deck. i filled out a complaint and got an email from the stadium today. please go to the guest services booth and fill out a complaint. the ladies are real nice and it only take s 2 or 3 minutes to do.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

No issues with the BRs again last night.

14. joejets1

joejets1 Member

For me the trick at the Old meadowlands and the New one up until last week was to just go in the exit door and avoid the long line. I was going to do that last game but they a security guard making sure no one would enter through that door.

THe designs are terrible and there shouldnt be lines if they were able to build it properly.

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

The stadium is poorly designed, obviously, but,the numbskulls did something in my favor.

When you leave the tunnel from my section to enter the concourse, turn right and there's a mens room, or turn left and there's another one. For some reason there are two in a row separated by a store of course. Womens rooms are beyond both of them.

I still choose to piss in the store ; )

#35 LogeSection2RowJ, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Do you know this to be a fact? If this is so, it's hard to believe that number passes code.

Assuming there are approximately 27,000 seats (there could be more) in the Upper Deck and also assuming about 60% of those seats are occupied by men (that could be more), that means that 16,200 men will need to use those 100 urinals, or one urinal accomodates 162 men.

If even half of them go to the urinal at half time, that's 81 guys trying to get into the lavatory door all at the same time. And that doesn't account for going there for any other use, like simply washing your hands before eating. No wonder the doors are a disorderly madhouse. It almost seems like something like that ought to be in violation of health codes.

Traffic flow in and out seems to be more of an issue than the actual number of urinals, however. It can be a real clusterfuck at times, with traffic going in both directions in a narrow hallway meant to accomodate a dozen people, not 80+.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Porkman is a truth seeker. He only deals in facts. He knows an architect that works for the firm that built the dump.