17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

My experience is that you should buy the Uppers too. Those prices are reasonable and you'll be able to sell them if you can't use them. I have never passed on playoff tickets and never regretted it. Those are some really fun and exciting games to go to.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah especially if we get a home Championship game, you'll be able to double your money maybe.

#10902 MadBacker Prime, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  3. Section 227. Row 5

I've got two sets of 4 tickets each (in different sections), but I'm thinking of taking my whole extended family and using all 8 if we get there. Playoff games don't come around too often in these parts.

But yeah, if you want to sell and you can't get $250 or so even for an UD seat, something is wrong. I love those cold weather PO bames. I've got a Carharrt hooded jacket and I wear a hoody underneath that. You layer up enough and it's no problem. Just don't layer up at home and then get in a warm car for the dirve. Makes no sense. You bring the layers with you in the trunk and then layer up when you get out of the car in the parking lot just before you go in.

Those are some great games and the stadium will be packed to the rafters with honest-to-goodness JETS FANS! I'm starting to get real excited about this.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Jets were stupid not to charge a nominal PSL for uppers, they could have gotten something like $500-$750/seat. Now a ton of guys like you are going to be one and done and they're going to have an empty deck next year unless they slash prices considerably.

Those lower PSLs are looking more and more attractive every day, especially if you only have to eat one preseason game starting next year

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah, playoff atmosphere is the best, you're right. Surrounded by real fans.

I'm giddy at the fact that we have a chance at a home Championship game, I don't think we should sit at all that game if we get it.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't like Thursday night home games. but Thanksgiving night is cool and once in a lifetime so I am really looking forward to it. Hey, here's my day. Help my wife clean and cook, get beer and ice, eat appertizers, watch football, eat Raviolli Parm, watch football, eat 15 dishes of food and 2 meats, take a dump, watch football, get dressed and go watch football

7. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Is that all in order?

8. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

I will end up buying all the seats offered to me with the intention of selling the upper decks. Really hoping for a bye!

My rep said you have to buy them all so I guess the decision is made for me.

9. Section 227. Row 5

They could have easily gotten a PSL for UD Primes... I'm thinking $2,000 for the first 4 rows and maybe $1,000 for Rows 5-8. The pricing never really made any sense from Day One.

Go online and look at the way a Broadway theatre prices their tickets. Totally different. The pricing is based on Front and Center being the most expensive and it fans out to sides and back at cheaper numbers. The Jets made a mistake in a lot of the sections, pricing Row Ones at the same level as the last row in the sections. The Uppers Primes are the only exceptions. Why?

Some Lowers are attractive to me, but not if you have to pay the same PSL for a shitty seat in a section as some guy is paying for a great seat in that section. The better seat will always have the value and the shittier seat will always be hard to move (and recover the PSL from).

10. Section 227. Row 5

With all that food you may have to alot more dump time.

11. bbombers1985

By the way. This little nugget in the disclaimer makes things easier. They won't take your money and hold it until 2011.

By checking the box and clicking continue you are securing your tickets for both home games played at New Meadowlands Stadium. Your card will be charged on a game-by-game basis once determined. You are authorizing the NY JETS to charge your credit card. If you don't click accept you are giving up all your seats for all home playoffs games. The JETS reserve the right to sell these playoff tickets to other JETS fans. *

12. GordonGecko

Something is wrong, and it's called the New Meadowlands Stadium.

You can get round 1 for $188 in Mezzanine RIGHT NOW on Stubhub:
    http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-jets-playoff-tickets/jets-vs-tbd-1-8-2011-1020265/

And prices will probably go down from there. That $188 is $160 to the seller after fees which is close to face.

13. bbombers1985

Yeh I saw that and that's one of the main reasons I didn't want those, but I'm sure I'll find a friend that will give me face value minimum so I'm not too worried.

14. GordonGecko

That's a whole lot of bullshit right there, call back and ask for his supervisor. There's no way they can require to purchase the playoffs for all your seats. Yes, you have to purchase all or none GAMES, but I'd like to see the fine print where they say you have to get playoffs for each seating location in your account.

15. Section 227. Row 5

I see that. But that one, lone $188 asshole is the only one below $200 or so and it goes up from there. And this is before the guy even has the tickets, so he's selling on the come, basically. If he gets a buyer, he'll pull the trigger and make a small profit.

Look, with the PSL seats, you've already laid out the PSL and you're on the hook for it. It's a fixed expense to you now, whether you buy the PO tickets or not. I'd buy them in that case even if you have to take a slim profit.

As for the Uppers, again, those prices are cheap. Playoff tickets are slim pickin's for us Jets fans. You don't have a PSL involved with those and they can make you some money if you're not going to use them. The house will be packed and all the tickets will be in demand, trust me. I've been around this track a time or two.

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

5. PSL Rights and Obligations.
    (a) Licensee (i) shall have the right and the obligation to purchase
    admission tickets for the Seats for all pre-season and regular season home
    games of the Jets scheduled to be played at the Stadium and (ii) shall have the
    right, but not the obligation, to purchase admission tickets for the Seats for all
    post-season home games of the Jets scheduled to be played at the Stadium
    (excluding the Super Bowl), in each case for as long as the Jets play home games
    at the Stadium and at prices and in a manner established by JSD, the Jets or, if
    applicable, the National Football League (the “NFL”) (Jets’ pre-season, regular
    season, and post-season home games collectively shall be referred to hereafter as
    “Jets Home Games”). If Licensee fails to purchase such tickets for any postseason
    Jets Home Game in accordance with the instructions received from
    Licensor or the Jets, then Licensor and the Jets shall be free to sell such tickets to
    others in their sole discretion and shall be entitled to retain all of the proceeds of
    such sale.

17. GordonGecko

A "PSL" is a Personal Seat License (singular), and the terms governing them are for that seat and that seat alone. Nowhere do those terms govern other seats in the account

18. GordonGecko

You're making my point, there's no inventory up there and already you have a guy unloading under $200. What do you think will happen when people get their tickets and starting listing them? Supply will go up and prices will go down. It's been years since playoff tickets in NYC metro actually went up as game time approaches. These days the rule is prices start high and go down from there

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i know i was just posting the psl agreement.
    you are in no way inclined to buy both seat locations.
    preseason and regular season you are

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I wonder how many PSL seats won't be purchased by the due date and made available to the public. I also wonder what method will be used for the sale of these seats, Ticketmaster or StubHub? They could auction them - the precedent has been set.

In 2002 I fucked-up and didn't pay the playoff invoice. Then the GB game miracle happened and I didn't have my seats. Friends and family dismayed. So, I took a day off of work and waited at Ticketmaster and ended up with better seats anyway since so many others did the same thing and so many seats were suddenly available. That would be sweet now that I have upper deck seats. I suppose with the team doing well most will pay the bill this time.

I also wonder what the pricing will be like. I imagine PSL-owners won't get screwed by the league (don't they set the rates?) as they are each week by their own team. For many the prices will be lower. We EZ Upper Deckers will not be as lucky.

227 mentioned the rarity of the Jets home playoff game. So true. I've been to only five, I believe. (3-2) While I may not return for 2011, there's no way I am missing a home playoff game this season. I am invested in this season.